Organizing files on the MPC 1000

jaezmuzik

ill o.g.
Wuz crackin' peeps, I am have a problem with organizing files on compact flash. I want to create seperate folders for my sounds, bass, snare, etc.... When i attempt to create a folder in the root folder it only changes the name of the root folder. No new folders are being created, it seems pretty easy to do, Can this be done? I don't know what i'm doing wrong, any suggestions?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
an easy way would be to get an external compact flash drive which is less then $20 bucks. Connect it to your pc, then you can create the folders and organize your sounds on your flash card however you want. this way is much quicker then trying to create folders using the 1k.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Ja, do you have a manual? Page 75 & 76 explains how to create a folder. There are a lot of steps an I dont know them by heart, sorry about that.

jaezmuzik

ill o.g.
yeah been there done that. i can create the folder, but it only turns the root folder into the folder that i just created. well i just bought the external drive, i'll be trying that out now. if you have any do's or do nots, let me know. thanx for the help.

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
jaezmuzik said:
I want to create seperate folders for my sounds, bass, snare, etc.... When i attempt to create a folder in the root folder it only changes the name of the root folder. No new folders are being created, it seems pretty easy to do, Can this be done? I don't know what i'm doing wrong, any suggestions?

The easiest way iv found to do this is through my pc, draggin n droppin.however when it comes to loadin up sounds for one particular song you end up loadin every single folder to find each sample you have used.

I think the better thing to do is making folders for beats, as you go along.so much quicker

jaezmuzik

ill o.g.
Thanx for that help. I bought the external drive (16 bones) and it was pretty easy to just drag and drop the kits that I made. Mainly this card is where i wil load my kits and sounds from. I have another disc that will have the songs and samples only.

members online