PCP- I thought rappers were supposed to get better in time?

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Iv'e been paying alot of attention to Purple City's Un Kasa lately. His earlier tracks seem to be alot more lyrical and alot less, well, I guess you could say dumb. Agallah is improving HELLA! his flow and beats are becoming more creative and even Shiest Bub's lyrical content has stepped up alot. But Un Kasa seems to be getting worse. I feel this way about alot of rappers, like Juelz, Cam, Jae Millz, even reggae artists like Sizzla. Then they drop a track out of nowhere thats BLAZIN and it stumps the hell out of me,

Holla Back,
PCP, Cincinnatti OH

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Their an offshoot clique of emcees from Diplomat Records, its called PURPLE CITY PRODUCTIONS. They consist of The CEO: Luca Brazi The Emporer: Shiest Bub/ The Prince: Un Kasa/ and finally the producer and fellow lyrisist and not to mention long time great Agallah the Don Bishop. Check out some of their stuff they are big on the mixtape scene

Peace,
Cincinnatti, OH.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
DueceMade Ent. said:
I know of Saigon and Immortal Technique, just never heard of who yer talking about and I consider myself a pretty avid fan of ALL kinds of hiphop....

if you never heard of them u must never listen to Mixtapes

u know Cam'Ron, Juelz do those ring a bell

Dipset

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Agallah is a cool producer, but I don't really think that PCP or anyone from Dipset (apart from Cam) is bringing anything new to the game, and PCP isn't underground. Their music videos play all over the world.

Jrell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats crazy cause im real big on dipset/talaban mixtapes and i was bout to pick up that first un kasa mixtape but i didnt,and i always woundered how he was gone turn out

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
FistFulloDollaz said:
if you never heard of them u must never listen to Mixtapes

u know Cam'Ron, Juelz do those ring a bell

Dipset
Yeah, I dont typically buy mixtapes usually....Instead i tend to buy the actual artists cd's, not a mixtape with one or two songs, unless of course its the only resource to hear that artists music cuz they dont have a cd yet.

And yes i know of camron and unfortunatly of dipset.....

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
JR Writer is the most lyrical out the Dipset crew IMO.

Un Kasa seems like an average rapper, i dont pay much attention to his rhymes, i never knew he used to be nice.

cam'ron can bring the heat when he wants to but sometimes gets a little weak. he was better back in the day, his verse on the Big L album was real.

juelz is ok until he starts rhyming the same words for about 8 bars.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Rhythmikal said:
juelz is ok until he starts rhyming the same words for about 8 bars.
Well said. Thats basically my beef too. Cuz i can hear promise in his vocals, but then its like he just takes a shit on creativity and gives up cuz its just as easy to get paid on mtv by saying 5 words over and over in 8 bars.

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
I never understood that about juelz, he'll have about 8 bars of some real raw shit and then just drop off into some shit where he rhymes the same word. I've al most grown a liking to it though. Dipset and Talibn bring a new sense of creativity and originality in the rap game today. They're really just tryin to do somethin thats all their own.

members online