Pro Tools 8.04, Vista 32 bit NOT WORKING RIGHT!

Mrbendointhis

ill o.g.
Waddup yall i recently Purchased Pro Tools 8.0 M powered. Im Runnin on Windows Vista 32 bit Home, 4 Gb of Ram..

ive noticed that Loading sessions from my friends Comp, hes using a G5 runnin protools 7.4 i beleive, my pro tools will load the session, But wont play.... ile Press Play and itll pause immediately after.

Also another one of my friends sent me a session, i mixed it, Went to load it again and the same issue happend. Hes running Pro Tools 8, on a G5 As Well.

Does anyone have ne suggestions????????????

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ok you need to update to the latest version of Pro tools and I believe it is 8.04 this is crucial!

Second what Maudio interface do you have?

Third Pro tools 7.4 cant really use a PT8 session file

Fourth Pro tools 8.04 does not work on G5's so your friend is going to need to upgrade to an intel mac soon.

I can give you more info once I know what interface you have.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Chris, I know this is off topic, but have you used or heard of anyone using Presonus studio one pro DAW?

Mrbendointhis

ill o.g.
I installed the update i still have trouble, ile load a session i mixed previously go to press play and itll pause instantly!

Hp Pavillion a6600f
Dual core intel Processor
320 Gb hard drive
4 GB DDR2 Ram
Windows Vista 32 bit home service pack 2
M audio Fast Track pro
Pro Tools 8 M powered

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@Mrbendointhis

Try emptying the contents of your Windows "Prefetch" folder.

also try lowering your DAE Playback Buffer (NOT your H/W Buffer Size?) Try setting it to 0 and see if that helps. Try increasing the cache size too.

Also do you only have one hard drive? That may also be a problem.

@Ozmosis Yes, and I have a copy. Its really great. Allot of people don't know this but Presonus basically hired the original Nuendo development team for Studio One. I think it has lots of potential. And Presonuns is such a great company.

Mrbendointhis

ill o.g.
ok you need to update to the latest version of Pro tools and I believe it is 8.04 this is crucial!

Second what Maudio interface do you have?

Third Pro tools 7.4 cant really use a PT8 session file

Fourth Pro tools 8.04 does not work on G5's so your friend is going to need to upgrade to an intel mac soon.

I can give you more info once I know what interface you have.

I dont need to send the session back to work in 7.4, i just need to get it to work in my comp.

my friend using the g5 with protools mpowered doesnt need to load the session either

Ive used the 8.04 update with still the same problem, My playback engine settings are beefed up to the max to handle a large project as well

Also since ive installed Protools ive noticed my Fruity Loops 9 is kinda glitching, just stuttering kinda and its Really annoying.

Maudio fast track pro
Windows vista 32 bit home, service pack2
Hp pavillion a6600f
320 Gb hard drive
4 GB ddr2 Ram
axiom pro 49 key

Mrbendointhis

ill o.g.
@Mrbendointhis

Try emptying the contents of your Windows "Prefetch" folder.

also try lowering your DAE Playback Buffer (NOT your H/W Buffer Size?) Try setting it to 0 and see if that helps. Try increasing the cache size too.

Also do you only have one hard drive? That may also be a problem.

@Ozmosis Yes, and I have a copy. Its really great. Allot of people don't know this but Presonus basically hired the original Nuendo development team for Studio One. I think it has lots of potential. And Presonuns is such a great company.

How do i lower the DAE and and increase the cache size?

Wheres the windows prefetch folder?

Thanks!!!

i have only 1 hard drive in the comp, i have 2 External hard drives tho

Mrbendointhis

ill o.g.
Are you recording to your internal hard drive?

and Damn it your gonna make me fire up pro tools arent you lol

I believe you go to setup and the playback, but I cant remember poke around there.

Yes im Recording to the internal hard drive, I had a recording session the other day recorded a ton of vocals that sessions Fine.

using the waves i had on my comp, the session loads back up fine

but loading the other session from 7.4 with waves plugins doesnt work.. i press play and it pauses automatically even when i hold play

Mrbendointhis

ill o.g.
So I Got it working i Reinstalled... Uninstalled my Waves Tho...

and it Works! Except now the software updater for 8.04 isnt recognizing Pro Tools on my comp....

Andddd i need my Cracked version of Waves To Work For Pro Tools!!! HELPPP