Producer Nitti says sampling is wack..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.792/title.producers-corner-nitti/p.1

and I quote from the interview...

HHDX: Why do you choose not to sample that much? Is it a personal choice?
Nitti: Because it takes up too much time and to me sampling is not original. I don’t get impressed by no producer that samples a lot. To me you are taking something that was already a master recording and you are using someone else’s ideas from scratch. To me being a producer is coming up with something from scratch. Don’t sample nobody’s melodies, make your own. I get in there and make my beats from scratch all the way. I don’t get impressed by sampling Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, that is A, B, C shit to me.
HHDX: When you say time I assume you mean for clearance?
Nitti: Yeah that takes both time and money. You know if you sample a record and Earth, Wind and Fire are sampled, they are probably going to look for 75% of that record and they actually deserve 100% as it is their record, as it is their song behind it. You took something that belonged to them that sounded good before you started recording it. I think they should make a law to ban sampling as then all the real producers would come out and until then all the producers that sample, I will respect them but they do not impress me as they are doing nothing new.

Not to restart the sampling vs composing debate but thats plain ignant...I see where he is comming from but still...

T

The Bastard

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.792/title.producers-corner-nitti/p.1

and I quote from the interview...

HHDX: Why do you choose not to sample that much? Is it a personal choice?
Nitti: Because it takes up too much time and to me sampling is not original. I don’t get impressed by no producer that samples a lot. To me you are taking something that was already a master recording and you are using someone else’s ideas from scratch. To me being a producer is coming up with something from scratch. Don’t sample nobody’s melodies, make your own. I get in there and make my beats from scratch all the way. I don’t get impressed by sampling Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, that is A, B, C shit to me.
HHDX: When you say time I assume you mean for clearance?
Nitti: Yeah that takes both time and money. You know if you sample a record and Earth, Wind and Fire are sampled, they are probably going to look for 75% of that record and they actually deserve 100% as it is their record, as it is their song behind it. You took something that belonged to them that sounded good before you started recording it. I think they should make a law to ban sampling as then all the real producers would come out and until then all the producers that sample, I will respect them but they do not impress me as they are doing nothing new.

Not to restart the sampling vs composing debate but thats plain ignant...I see where he is comming from but still...

there should be a law that bans producers that no1 respects from being able to voice their opinions on producers that are better than them

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
AHHAAHAH what a homo. He's probably only saying that because the samples have to be cleared. Basically by what he just said, he just sucker punched all the vets that made it possible for him - like Bomb Squad, Premo, Pete Rock, Buckwild, etc. Fuck him and his melodies.

members online