Protools Help

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Ok, Im foolin around with this free version of protools (you know the one you can download from here) and I have this techno synth sample, however I wanted to slow it down so I can make it more hip-hopish my problem is that even when I change the bpm thing in the tempo menu it still plays at the same speed so its too fast for the drums and bass I wanted to put on it any ideas?:headbang:

p.s. Reason is tha shit!!!!!:dance:

elkito

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
OK M8...*DEEP BREATH*

PRO-TOOLS IS PRIMARILY FOR AUDIO EDITING AND RECORDIN YEA...A LITTLE BIT OF MIDI WHICH IS WOT THE TEMPO WILL CONTROL THE SPEED OF NOT THE AUDIO COZ THE AUDIO IS RECORDED AT A SET SAMPLE RATE AND TEMPO WHICH U CANT CHANGE JUS BY MAKING A TEMPO CHANGE COZ ALL ITS DOING IS PLAYING BACK AN AUDIO FILE ON UR HARD DRIVE SKEEN? SO, IF U WANNA CHANGE THE SPEED OF THE AUDIO FILE U GOTTA USE A TIME STRECH FUNCTION OR LOAD INTO A SMPLER I GUESS WHICH WILL (AS U PROB. KNO) PITCH THE SAMPLE UP & DOWN ON A KEYBOARD ROLL TING. U GHEEEEEETTTZZZ MEEE

EITHER THAT OR U CAN CHOP IT UP WHICH IS BASICALLY WOT TIMESTREACHING WILL DO ONLY ON A MAD DETAIL SCALE

SEEN?

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Do you have a wave editor program like Cool Edit or Sound Forge? You can do it in those programs.

Take care,

Nick

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Protools has great loop and time stretching plugins available. I am not familiar with the free version of ProTools, and what Digidesign left out and made available.

A wave editor with time stretching and pitch preservation capabilities, as is said, would do the job. This should also make you think about whether ProTools is the right programme for you, and if you want to eventually put money into it, and buy it, or get a cheaper programme which can do many of the same things.

Sincerely,
God

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Ya I think I can do it in Reason with the sampler thinie thats working out pretty good for me right now I thinkI might try picking up a copy of Soundforge or Cool edit sometime soon. Also I hear ya God but I just started using these programs and machines I got it wont take me too long to figure out how to use it Im usally a quick learner. I appreciate the help from everybody thnxxxxxx :)

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
steinbergs wavelab is the way to go. the montage in wavelab is awesome. you could do just about anything in wavelab. plus the plugins dont cost you an arm and a leg. it beats the hell out of cool edit, sound forge and everything else you moght want to throw on the table. i know cause i used all of them. if you are going to buy then spend your money once and go with whats best. you get time stretching, editing, mastering, s*it load of vst plugins. check at www.steinberg.net.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Hey,

Share the knowledge! What is it in Wavelab that you like so much more than the other guys?

Take care,

Nick

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
wavelab is user friendly, its not limited to just this or that. you can do some serious mastering. in montage you can set pq codes and indexes manually. write isrc codes with control. in montage you can load multiple tracks at a time for editing. over all, wavelab is flawless. and it intergrates well with other programs. yo right now i`m in a rush can`t give you specifics, but check--- www.steinberg.net

light

Producer
ill o.g.
you can use the time expansion compression plug in with the free version.