PRS Registering work

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I have an artist today who has released an album with a beat of mine on,he has told me to register the work on PRS if i want to get royalties and i have no fucking clue on what im doing and he said he didnt either and that someone will do his soon

If he does it do i have to?

Does anyone have any knowledge of PRS registration and if so can you help me on teamviewer?

If the album is selling and i havent registered do i earn anything AT ALL for units sold?

What is the 2 % boxes for when registering?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
This did not help,been there,done it all,got nothing from no one,not even PRS by email help,i have read the how to and it dont explain what im confused about

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
first...did you sell them the beat? and if so, what kind of arrangements did you make for the sale of the beat...any relevant stipulations? was there a contract made?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
You should be able to call them up and ask

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
first...did you sell them the beat? and if so, what kind of arrangements did you make for the sale of the beat...any relevant stipulations? was there a contract made?

Beat was not sold,it was free,i was told it would be on album and i can receive royalties etc when album is released,no contracts made either

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Im guessing that you've already signed up for a PRS membership...did you also try to contact them through their Online Query Assistant? I'm not sure what you're best move is at this point...I'm really taking a lot of things for granted...like the music is going to release and you don't have copyrights on it. You will definitely need to get in touch with someone there and they can guide you in whatever direction you need to go to get paid on this.

Beat was not sold,it was free,i was told it would be on album and i can receive royalties etc when album is released,no contracts made either

You have to sign up, there is a fee, also check out the mcps. I think they and the prs are now joined together. You must do it if you want to collect any royalties.
You should get paid for sales, radio plays, and live performances.

EDIT.. Just had a look, this is what you want to sign up for...
http://www.prsformusic.com/creators/wanttojoin/join_us/Pages/JoinMCPS.aspx

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
I am already a member of PRS,i was told by PRS on phone i dont need MCPS if im a producer

members online