Real vs. Fake Rappers in the Industry

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was listenin to DJ Kay Slay the other day on Hot97, and he was asked by Flex which rappers are actually livin what they rap about...not surprisingly, he put about half the industry in blast. In ya'lls opinion, which rappers do you think are real and which ones you feel is frontin with their raps...aint no wrong or right answer, im just tryin to see who y'all think

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
tony needles said:
I was listenin to DJ Kay Slay the other day on Hot97, and he was asked by Flex which rappers are actually livin what they rap about...not surprisingly, he put about half the industry in blast. In ya'lls opinion, which rappers do you think are real and which ones you feel is frontin with their raps...aint no wrong or right answer, im just tryin to see who y'all think

Damman, I missed that!Who did kay put on blast Tony? I must know,,,,,,

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Look man, if your shit is on the radio and you're getting paid all that street shit you might have been doing before you we part of the industry stops.

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"Damman, I missed that!Who did kay put on blast Tony? I must know,,,,,,"

Flex was talkin to him about what he thought about the industry and Slay was like "more than half of these rappers out are frontin, and they know who they are" flex asked him to name some names and Slay was sayin how he didnt want to make enemies with the industry. But he did call out T.I. and said that he was one of the most overrated rappers, he was heated cause T.I. keeps callin himself king of the south or sumthin like that.
Tony in Queens

ill o.g.
GangStarr. I think there real. Primo and Guru.

Primo dont need a description.

I never heard Guru say something he couldnt back up. And he's giving Boston a good name, so i gotta give him respect.

Jermaine Dupri (and the rest of 'So So Def' (besides Daz))

I think theyre all fake. They don't even rap about shit thats useful. I know everybody who knows somethin has said this before. But They only rap about there cars and money and jewelry and sometimes women ( that wouldnt be there if they never had that money, cars, and jewelry).
/\--Same for Cash Money and Manny Fresh and Baby--/\

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Theres too many to list, and Flex was smart not to name any names cuz that would have to be one of tha stupidest thing to do unless hes gotta big ass body guard...of course he did call out TI, wutever tho, i wouldnt even trip, fool probably knows he aint King of tha South....

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
hhhhhmmmmmmmm ........

real - beanie seigel - mystikal - r.kelly - 2pac - 50 cent - capone - c murder - jay z- bobby brown - rick james - tony yayo - ike turner - and anybody else who went to jail or caught charges on sum dumbass random acts of violence shit ..lol... if i had a deal i would be a saint

but on tha real u really dont know ... i mean nowadays r&b cats are acting hard ..ie.. jagged egde talking bout beating up 112 ...lol .. how funny is that shit ..lol.... i can picture the singing fight west side story style .... lmfao

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
helix said:
GangStarr. I think there real. Primo and Guru.

Primo dont need a description.

I never heard Guru say something he couldnt back up. And he's giving Boston a good name, so i gotta give him respect.

Jermaine Dupri (and the rest of 'So So Def' (besides Daz))

I think theyre all fake. They don't even rap about shit thats useful. I know everybody who knows somethin has said this before. But They only rap about there cars and money and jewelry and sometimes women ( that wouldnt be there if they never had that money, cars, and jewelry).
/\--Same for Cash Money and Manny Fresh and Baby--/\
Theres alot of rappers that are fakes but Baby and Manny arnt two of them they been doin what they're doin since I wa in elementary school (I used to live in New Orleans) and everybody new that they was big pushers back in the crack epidemic they been livin like they livin now off of dope money for the longest and they rap about how they live. The only fake nigga ever on Cash Money was Turk and them new squad shit niggas. Everybody else Juve, BG, Turk, Wayne, Slim, Manny, Baby all them niggas is true to they word off top. What they rap about is real because its their lives if they got on some Talib Kweli shit then they would be fake. Bein real does not mean that you rap about world issue it means that you rap whats you and what moves your soul.

Holmzini said:
hhhhhmmmmmmmm ........

but on tha real u really dont know ... i mean nowadays r&b cats are acting hard ..ie.. jagged egde talking bout beating up 112 ...lol .. how funny is that shit ..lol.... i can picture the singing fight west side story style .... lmfao
wait hold up Im sorry I missed that did you say jagged edge was dissin 112 bwahahahahahahaha

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
dumb ass up north cats

tony needles said:
industry. But he did call out T.I. and said that he was one of the most overrated rappers, he was heated cause T.I. keeps callin himself king of the south or sumthin like that.
Tony in Queens

Man thats crazy. T.I. is one of the most respected rappers down here. He gets love all over the south. Ive been bumping him since his first album "im serious" and have seen him preform a number of times. Cuse has skills just cop his album.

Dude is serious, not only has he lived the life. He is doing something with his cheese from his deal. Since 2001 he is responsible for buliding over 50 HUD homes for families that cant afford housing. He bought a some property here in tampa and did that.

And you would never hear about it casue he dosent brag about it.

Thats fucking real!!!!

That just goes to how these up north industry cats be poppin out the mouth and really dont know what the FUCK they are talking about.

I cant stand that shit!!!

class....

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Everyone knows T.I. is a real and he aint no fake nigga. that cat's dad was supposedly one of the biggest hustlers in ATL back in the day. And yeah he does give back to the hood. But what Slay was sayin is that he shouldnt be callin himself "king of the south" yet, and that people should put Scarface in front of him. I give T.I his props though. We "north industry cats" know what we talkin about, and before this year, keep it real there was a lot of garbage comin from the south.Shit done changed though y'all should be happy, southern rap is big in the industry, and we know that. Def Jam South and the new Bad Boy South(who signed 8Ball and MJG) show this.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
if they paid and i aint, they getting drenced with the hateraid. fake ass rappers. whats real these days anyway. its all what the major's want you to hear. if someones got a contract they gotta keep producin tha product. regardless

then you got the new mtv video and the radio brainwashing you to the fullest. the industry needs to reinvent the whole a&r process. the bastards

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Scarface, Devin, and Outkast are tight. Cash Money used to be. But I don't like that shit that's out right now like lil jon and ying yang. They come wit some solid beats but they suck as rappers and make the South look dumb.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
wow, the big tymers REALLY SOLD DRUGS TO THE PEOPLE IN THE HOOD!!!! THEY REALLY LIVE NEEDLESSLY EXTRAVAGANT LIVES WHILE THE HOODS THAT SUPPORT THEIR MUSIC STARVE! WOW, THEY REALLY ARE GANGSTA!!!! now i feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better about things...

i was kind of worried, you know, because these guys cant be talking about these things uinless they do them. i am just relieved that there is still hope for drug dealers these days. i have SOOOOO much more respect for them now.

call me a tree hugger, but i would rather these guys talk about the ignorance and stupidity of robbing/killing/blasting/pimpin/flossin/slangin/etc., then actually doing it....

why does it become something to respect when these guys glorify the things that they actually do/did? like its something to aspire to. "you too can get rich by selling crack to other poor people in the ghetto all the while blaming everyone else for every problem the ghetto faces, then you can make a living rapping about that and the money you made, objectify women, and be a tru playa fo real!"

it all makes sense now.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I know so many drugdealers and 4 of my closest friends were in jail years ago, but I don't give a fuck about that. I love Gangsta Rap but the real fakeass bitches are the one with big name features and RNB singers on it. I always tell my friends that fags like jagged edge should be born dead, you know RNB singers are talking about loving a girl and all that, that's fake shit. I could never write lyrics about loving a girl, they sell lies to women. Usher even advertised for his cd in women magazines, what a damn shame.

Self made men are the real one like cash money or my all time favourite ones : Three 6 Mafia.

For me the music counts, not really their backround, as long they are not rapping about love or having well known big time features from different labels or coasts, cause that is ultra fake.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Goldy_C said:
Theres alot of rappers that are fakes but Baby and Manny arnt two of them they been doin what they're doin since I wa in elementary school (I used to live in New Orleans) and everybody new that they was big pushers back in the crack epidemic they been livin like they livin now off of dope money for the longest and they rap about how they live. The only fake nigga ever on Cash Money was Turk and them new squad shit niggas. Everybody else Juve, BG, Turk, Wayne, Slim, Manny, Baby all them niggas is true to they word off top. What they rap about is real because its their lives if they got on some Talib Kweli shit then they would be fake. Bein real does not mean that you rap about world issue it means that you rap whats you and what moves your soul.

wait hold up Im sorry I missed that did you say jagged edge was dissin 112 bwahahahahahahaha

Ive been tryna say that for the longest. everyone thinks that "real hip hop" is common or talib kweli an them. but really hip hop is just one persons story so there is no such thing as Real Hip Hop in general. the only thing that can be real or fake is the persons story. so is cash money been livin large. then who can call they shit fake when they talk about all the benz they got. pushin benz's might not be real to me yet but its real to them so the shit they puttin out is real. simply said.