Reason plug ins

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
I am not sure as to what you are looking for, as Reason now can take any vsti plugin so the options are infinite.

For a boom bap head like me who's not used to 808's, I had 808 Warfare from Producer's Choice which had the benefit of being easy and fast to dial in... probably not "the best" per se, 'cause I haven' t tried lots.

YannFer

Thor that is already in Reason is a AMAZING 808 creator synth. But I mean are you looking for drums? Eq's? Compressors? Ask for a plugin is like saying "I need a vehicle" Its just not enough info.
Yes, basically the 808 bass sound is a sine wave with the tuning set to follow the opposite of an enveloppe follower in order to drop (very) fast on the attack... then compress/distort to taste. Thor will probably offer lots of options, but subtractor can probably work fine also...

YannFer

Yes exactly, 808's are wicked simple to make. I always used Thor but Subtractor is fantastic. Did you know you can still unscrew the screws from it?
I just recently upgraded to Reason 11... so I did not use it for about 9 months after using it exclusively for 15 years.
I never knew you can unscrew the screws... what's the use?

Thor that is already in Reason is a AMAZING 808 creator synth. But I mean are you looking for drums? Eq's? Compressors? Ask for a plugin is like saying "I need a vehicle" Its just not enough info.
True, fishing generally for the stands out features, the best of the best from any category. Could do with new drum packs for kong potentially. I'll need to check if I've still got thor,I only committed to the reason 11 intro after having it for 4.5 for a long time, can see why it'd be top shelf for 808s. And again, unscrew the screws lol? That's blown my mind

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Intro has Thor, Subractor and Kong. I would build your 808’s from scratch its easy and a good thing to learn, also kong is very powerful and can build drums sounds from scratch. Give it a go. Oh and the screw thing is just a cool throwback to hardware, it’s been in reason since v1

I'll have a look tomorrow cheers. Yeah I've been hammering out a few decent ones with the combinator and subtractor, even some of the bass on Europa. As for making drums from scratch....I dunno that anyone has that rainman level of commitment lol. At a stretch I might layer a few snare sounds together :) I'll watch a tutorial though and see if I can convince myself otherwise