Recording into Fruity???

loanshark316

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Is it possible to take a beat that I made on my MPC and record it into Fruity?. I am mainly using Fruity for the Soundfont player. Is this possible?? Thanks

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
If you have a asio soundcard you can. You have to set it up through your mixer.

loanshark316

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I believe I have an ASIO Card. It's an older model soundblaster. I checked out the manual, but I couldn't get any direct information on how to set it up. Any chance you cold help me out? Thanks

Kevin A said:
If you have a asio soundcard you can. You have to set it up through your mixer.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Open up the FL mixer, select a track, then go to the bottom and select the input, the go over to the right and press the rec icon, it should highlight when you do that. After you finish recording, you should see it pop up where the audio clips pop up. I don't have a asio card anymore so all this is from memory. It's all don in the mixer though, hope that helps.

also, don't forget to sync the tempo of FL to the tempo of the song on the mpc. If you have trouble doing it that way, record in a multitrack, then open it up in fl in a audio channel. Once it's in the audio channel, just drag to the bottom of the screen in the playlist, your audio should pop up.