Sample Flip! - Lionel Richie - "Hello"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Let's do this flip and see what's what. ;) Flip this shit!

Forget Adele and her stupid remake.

Download it in MP3:

You can use Peggo to download the YouTube video to MP3.

Lionel-richie-sweater.jpg

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
@E_Buddha : I dig this a lot mang. For me, its just the choppiness that needs to be cleaned up. I see you though. If possible, try to find some transitional sounds from the sample to fit those spaces. Something subtle so it can glue everything together. Im havin somewhat similar issues with my flip right now. Good work though mang, I thoroughly fuck with it.

Edit: A little reverb on the sample wouldnt hurt either.

E_Buddha

Battle Points: 9
@E_Buddha : I dig this a lot mang. For me, its just the choppiness that needs to be cleaned up. I see you though. If possible, try to find some transitional sounds from the sample to fit those spaces. Something subtle so it can glue everything together. Im havin somewhat similar issues with my flip right now. Good work though mang, I thoroughly fuck with it.

Edit: A little reverb on the sample wouldnt hurt either.
Appreciate the feedback @Mike Chief @Fade Keep doing these random sample flips man these get me pumped up every time i see a new page up !!!

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
@P.RuckusBeatZ : Love this take on it. The Dhalsim sample is critical, Im super fuckin with that. Definitely a unique take. Yoga flame, mang.

@Cayenne : I like how you chopped this. Got funky with it and I dig it. Real raw with it, you made this come out hard. Just wish it didnt end so abruptly, thats my only thing. Other than that, ill shit.

Still needs a couple tweaks. Shit was fun as fuck though.

Last edited:

Cayenne

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 107
@Cayenne : I like how you chopped this. Got funky with it and I dig it. Real raw with it, you made this come out hard. Just wish it didnt end so abruptly, thats my only thing. Other than that, ill shit.

Still needs a couple tweaks. Shit was fun as fuck though.

[/QUOTE]

Mike Chief Nice dig...and waitin to hear the final, a good same chops..

Benjizo

Battle Points: 21
So far, yours is my favorite flip

Thanks for your feedback man.i love what you have done to the sample.You have completely flip it,that its kinda hard for a listener to know that it is a Lionel Richie sample.Real hip hop.

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Let's do this flip and see what's what. ;) Flip this shit!

Forget Adele and her stupid remake.

Download it in MP3:

You can use Peggo to download the YouTube video to MP3.

Lionel-richie-sweater.jpg

yeah..adele's was so so compared to joe's version anyway.. wonder why that gets no love

im with mike chief.. dope idea.. just needs a lil cleaning up.. i like though.. the drums are cool too.. peace

not bad.. a little loud.. but i can dig it..

So far, yours is my favorite flip

now if I could get some feedback on mine

pretty dope kid.. did you quantize the sample?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online