Sample Flip! - The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy For The Devil"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Let's do this flip and see what's what. ;)

This one's a bit fast but I can hear some good samples in there. You'll have to chop it well and slow some stuff down...

Download it in MP3:

You can download it from Peggo.

rollingstones_2372801b.jpg

my flip. this one was very hard indeed. Because of the complexity of the sample I decided to make my beat simple :p used a portion of a guitar, pitched it down and slowed it and also used a bit of vocals. and added some samples of my own. hope you'll like it :)

@S3oulC1ty - you did an awesome job there, but why did you put those vocals? i dunno, beat sounded very good and strong on its own :)

S3oulC1ty

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 351
my flip. this one was very hard indeed. Because of the complexity of the sample I decided to make my beat simple :p used a portion of a guitar, pitched it down and slowed it and also used a bit of vocals. and added some samples of my own. hope you'll like it :)

@S3oulC1ty - you did an awesome job there, but why did you put those vocals? i dunno, beat sounded very good and strong on its own :)

An instrumental with a repetitive pattern can get old after a while. In order for me to keep the audience attention, I gotta keep it interesting and switching up drums or messing with the main melody won't cut it. So the next best thing is adding verses. Plus..... That's M.O.P.!!! Who's gonna argue with that? lol

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
@S3oulC1ty i also think the acapella is overkill. sick beat, still cant understand what you did to the sample. very 9th wonderish. dope mix as always. still need them tips on how those kicks sound so phat;)
@oninkaf nice dark vibe, i like the old school feel. mix needs some work though, also that drum roll on the snare is a bit too much imo.

@S3oulC1ty i also think the acapella is overkill. sick beat, still cant understand what you did to the sample. very 9th wonderish. dope mix as always. still need them tips on how those kicks sound so phat;)
@oninkaf nice dark vibe, i like the old school feel. mix needs some work though, also that drum roll on the snare is a bit too much imo.
@d.fusion Thanx for the feed, and I hear ya on the snare, man. I was thinking about changing it but I was already so deep and so used to it that I eventually left it. And I can never get the mix right, I dunno maybe its my earphones, I dont have speakers. Watched a ton of mixing tutorials, got the theory down, but in practice its another story. I need to start saving money for some decent speakers :p

S3oulC1ty

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 351

Lol alright, for me, as a boom bap fanatic, the kick and snare is required to be emphasized. So I use a combination of mastering and illusion. For the mastering, I use a limiter for the kick and snare to maximize the loudness without having it peak. Then I use illusions to make it sound even louder. For all my tracks, if you listen closely enough, you hear the kick and snare are the only sounds that are 100% on beat. Every other instrument and sound is offset somewhere in between between the hit and the next 16th note to give the impression that the kick and snare take over every other sound.

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
@oninkaf yh monitor speakers helped me out a bunch. but i guess good headphones will do the job aswell.
@S3oulC1ty i know i heard on your whitney houston flip (which was sick) how the bass was offset a bit. i do that alot aswell. but im really impressed on how your kicks have so much low end without sounding muddy at all. i guess drum selection and a good library plays a big part aswell.

members online