Sellin beats/mixes on LUM.FM?

There's this site that came up that seems legit, kinda a free replacement for airbit n all that. seems real cool, but the thing is all corps are supposed to use us somehow, right? facebook does spy shit, google does their own evil shit with ads, everyone has their evil thing. and these guys seem WAY TOO Innocent... idk.

smells like a scam.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
If @Armani I were you I would work in person with someone but vet them e.g. perform a background check on them, carefully. These beat sites are data farm sites.

You could try 808link done by Illmuzik's own @triangleface

Ne-Yo is a partner with LUM and it was founded in Madison, WI and it would have been dope @Fade if LUM's founders had reached out to DJ Pain One as he is from there.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

There are no paywalls on LÜM and is completely supported based on an opt-in model. For all in-app purchases and cashouts, we add a small processing fee – in order to fund LÜM and keep the platform alive.

So it looks like they take a slice which is normal.
so it's like airbit but instead of payin smth just to get started, they take percentages, right? cuz that'd naturally give lum an upside compared to airbit and ...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @slimegreenbeats feel as though selling beats is the lottery mentality that adds to Hip Hop being seen as a hustle, I'm no purist, but something's gotta give.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Someone should make like a 2021 post on how to make money with your beats online, like all the sites, best options etc. I feel like a lot of information is outdated.
I would like to but even talking about the sites is outdated as well because it's not rocket science on how those sites work. There's plenty of beatmakers that sell just through social media, but I think for newbies they might still be overwhelmed by all the stuff involved. If you check some of the stuff I wrote years ago, some is outdated but the core still applies today.

Things like having your own website, social media presence, advertising, etc. I really do believe the best way to sell though is to simply connect to the right people because nowadays it seems like everyone is selling beats, is all over social media, taking out ads, etc. So instead of just going on Twitter and blasting everyone with "10 BEATS FOR 10 CENTS - ACT NOW!" posts, it's best to just socialize. But social media is everything but that. :D

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
When @Fade used wrong social media is a cesspool.

I would like to but even talking about the sites is outdated as well because it's not rocket science on how those sites work. There's plenty of beatmakers that sell just through social media, but I think for newbies they might still be overwhelmed by all the stuff involved. If you check some of the stuff I wrote years ago, some is outdated but the core still applies today.

Things like having your own website, social media presence, advertising, etc. I really do believe the best way to sell though is to simply connect to the right people because nowadays it seems like everyone is selling beats, is all over social media, taking out ads, etc. So instead of just going on Twitter and blasting everyone with "10 BEATS FOR 10 CENTS - ACT NOW!" posts, it's best to just socialize. But social media is everything but that. :D
Yea, I just connect with people one by one and send packs. I try to get on a phone-text basis with all of my artists / managers. Less is more really.
I @slimegreenbeats feel as though selling beats is the lottery mentality that adds to Hip Hop being seen as a hustle, I'm no purist, but something's gotta give.
I agree, I think it's all about just getting way better and building your audience.

I really do think a how to sell beats online 2021 super video or post could work. Maybe in this emphasize that the short hustle beats for 10 cents stuff doesn't work. Maybe try to change the game and make it better for all producers. Yea I guess the best sites to mingle is a preference thing at the end of the day...

My mission right now, get rid of type beats, I think it's corny as h*ll. Anyways, I digress...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've been telling people for years to just make whatever comes naturally but this new generation is not listening. Now we have type beats and all the new shit sounds the same.

members online