Selling Beats To Industry Connects

ill o.g.
Have any of you guys ever sold beats to any industry people? Because I have a conect and he is dealing with W9 forms and im trying to figure out if he is trying to scam me because, once I put my Social number on that paper then fax it back then my life is over. Its on musicplacemens.com and I made a sale. Im just trying to figure out if its a scam or not.....Because W9 forms are Tax forms.

Any input???

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
They have to claim the money they are paying you.

SO it sounds legit. I would say get a lawyer to look it over and just give the lawyer some of your placement money. it would be a wise investment. If you registered yourself with the state as having a business, I don't think you would have to do that. Give him your social.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
While your at it give Us your SSN.

lol, you took the words outta my mouf..

You can check the better business buerau website to see if they have any complaints.

You can also google musicplacemens.com complaints and see what pops up.

Sounds legitish to me though, congrads.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Have any of you guys ever sold beats to any industry people? Because I have a conect and he is dealing with W9 forms and im trying to figure out if he is trying to scam me because, once I put my Social number on that paper then fax it back then my life is over. Its on musicplacemens.com and I made a sale. Im just trying to figure out if its a scam or not.....Because W9 forms are Tax forms.

Any input???

As Shadeed mentioned, eliminate your personal assets from the "sue a bitch chain" and get a tax i.d number. There's no reason to give your ssn or any bank info to this dude for this purpose.

Let him pay your company or business and then let your company or business pay you....even if you're the only one running that said business. It's the only way to remove yourself form the possibility of ever being directly sued and directly getting scam'd!

I'm surprised no one mentioned this before Shadeed.....if you're about your business you would know this ILLIANS!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is not business or legal advice:

I'm surprised nobody told this cat to make an LLC (limited liability company.) It's affordable and easy to do in most states in the U.S.

Having a Tax I.D. number still means that you're personally liable. Another entity has to be created (like an LLC) in order to deflect liability. This entity would then have its own tax ID number.

I don't remember the full protections of a corporation versus the LLC - as there are differences.

Check with a lawyer (because I'm not one.)

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is not business or legal advice:

I'm surprised nobody told this cat to make an LLC (limited liability company.) It's affordable and easy to do in most states in the U.S.

Having a Tax I.D. number still means that you're personally liable. Another entity has to be created (like an LLC) in order to deflect liability. This entity would then have its own tax ID number.

I don't remember the full protections of a corporation versus the LLC - as there are differences.

Check with a lawyer (because I'm not one.)

That's what I was referring to. The tax i.d number has to be under your company's name...not an individual.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
This is not business or legal advice. Hire a lawyer for proper counsel:

That's what I was referring to. The tax i.d number has to be under your company's name...not an individual.

You're right, you did. I should pay more attention to reading the posts than skimming them at times:

Let him pay your company or business and then let your company or business pay you....even if you're the only one running that said business.

Missed the "company" or "business" language.

Good advice to anyone seriously getting involved in the industry. Remember - any exposure you have where a person can out-leverage you, you need to protect yourself. The biz is cutthroat. Heed LDB's advice and get some form of separate corporate/limited liability entity formed.

members online