Interviews Seven Da Pantha

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
seven1.jpg

SoundChamba Productions artist Seven Da Pantha one half of the infamous duo "Fallen Angels" is also a serious monster on the mic and has done some dope songs with heavy hitters around the Carolinas including many Mightier Than the Sword Records artists. Someone we always love playing on IllMuzikRadio's Carolina Cuts show, Seven took time out to do an interview with us.

Can you introduce yourself?

Seven Da Pantha aka Young Bunchy Carter, one half of Fallen Anghellz.

Where in the Carolinas are you located?

Winston-Salem, NC, affectionately known as Tre'-4.

Where are you from originally?

Raleigh (NC), Baltimore (MD), and Long Island (NY).

So, how did it all begin for you?

Man, I was a super youngster and Rakim's "Eric B. is President" came on Mr. Magic's show. Once I heard the R going in, I knew this was what I wanted to do.

What was the first rap song you ever heard and where were you?

"Rapper's Delight" at my mom's house party!

What was your first song that you dropped?

My first official release was entitled "Forever Raw" off my former group The Nobodies debut LP Fables.

seven2.jpg

What were you before a full fledged MC?

If you've seen The Wire, when I say I was in the same line of work as Omar, I think you'll understand! LOL.

Who inspired you and pushed you to become an artist?

I wanted to be respected by my peers, and once it became obvious I had a knack for rhyming, being the best became my motivation.

How many songs do you have completed?

More than the law should allow! LOL! Somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 or more sounds accurate at this point. Most of them you'll never hear though.

How would you describe your style?

To put it simple, I'd say lyricism, but it's mostly a heavy dose of East Coast lyricism with a little Dirty South hop to it! LOL.

Who or what would you say are your main influences?

Of course my partner-in-rhyme Apostle A.P., as well as people like Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Kam Moye, and the legends like Rakim, Kool G. Rap, Tupac, Big L... they are always in my thoughts.

What is your favorite group or artist?

Solo, it's Rakim Allah without a question! Group? Either Dead Prez or Outkast.

Who would you like to work with?

Rakim, Nas, Dead Prez, Immortal Techniques, Jay Electronica, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar... and locally there are several such as Phonte, Lazurus, and Courvoisier.

What was your greatest accomplishment?

My kids and living beyond 21!! LOL!! But seriously, musically it would have to be touring with KRS-One, as well as my last solo LP Born Wit' Less and Fallen Anghellz' LP Lost Testaments.

What do you think about the current state of Hip Hop?

Honestly it's pretty sad. There is no longer a sense of rebellion in the music. Everybody is happy-go-lucky despite the fact that the world around them is falling apart. Lyrics have taken a backseat to "swag". There has always been plenty of room in Hip-Hop for all of our eccentricities, but when you allow one lane to dominate the airwaves, it limits not only the culture but the possibilities for those involved.

seven3.jpg

Tell us about Fallen Anghellz.

Fallen Anghellz was the brainchild of Apostle A.P. and me. While we were in the process of completing our last solo LPs (Dark Thoughts of a Bright Mind and Born Wit' Less), we recorded a few songs together and the chemistry was crazy! We decided to give it a shot just to see what people thought, and thus far the people seem to like the combination.

How did y'all meet?

Strangely, we met battling on 102 Jamz (the local urban station). I was impressed by his flow, so when my man Rem Steel and I decided to start promoting shows, we reached out to him and his crew to bless the spot. After meeting in person, it was a wrap!

I have heard you on a lot of things with Mightier than the sword records, are you signed with them?

No, but that is definitely family! We (Fallen Anghellz) are only on Soundchamba Productions.

What do you like to do when you're not recording?

Well, I'm very active politically, so rallies, speeches, and things of that nature are always popping up. I am an avid reader, and also enjoy movies, martial arts, and sports games on PS3.

If you had one wish, for anything at all in the world, what would you ask for?

For liberation to be a reality for the world's people. The government of this country is attempting to bring forth the one world government we have feared for years.

Will you be touring in the future?

Certainly! We have a slew of upcoming shows before we actually start touring. There is an opportunity to tour with a bigger act, but I can't really divulge much information on that at the moment.

Any shout outs to anyone?

Absolutely! First of all, my wisdom and my seeds for keeping me grounded. My ScP/ OOG fam, UpRite Lions, MTTS, Iconoclast Crew, IllPo, Eargasm Ent., Lazrso Records, City Live, BHE, Kenny Mac, Black and White Ent., AM/SOC, Kam Moye, Kil Ripkin, Tara Hemmerley, Ladies Choice Ent., 1100 Hunterz, Kera Jo, and of course... YOU, for deeming me worthy of interviewing!

Any links, media players any song we can highlight right now for you?

You can check out Fallen Anghellz debut LP at http://fallenangelz.bandcamp.com and you can hear a good deal of my catalog at http://sevendapantha.bandcamp.com. Follow me on twitter (@SevDaPantha) and Fallen Anghellz (@FAnghellz336).