Showcase - August 20-22, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Stress I LOVE IT This is one of your best, the vibe is perfect.

So here is a track I am working on for a video game, sorry it is NOT hip-hop but I promise I have a bunch of hip-hop in the works.

TURN THIS UP LOUD!

For this track please listen through at least 2:50 as the track evolves over time and I bring in strings. Also I think this is the type track where Reason really shines, I literally built every sound from scratch in Reason, even the huge drums I modeled in Kong. Every synth patch I made, of course the strings are from miroslav but other than that, it is 100% me. The track is based around one drone bass line, imagine playing like Doom to this ha ha let me know what you think

http://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/under-a-metal-atmosphere

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@stress1- this is so dope no lie my favorite shit, i could listen to this 100 times over and over again, so chill and darkish sounding the melody is Ill, the vocals are sick, the drums are perfect soudwise and pattern wise, so dope.

@DP-i could deffinately picture a first person shooter game like doom being played to this the bassline it revolves around is dope, likefor some action packed game, the sounds are dope, this is sick i could forreal picture this on a game haha. nice work.-after the strings come in its mad epic, nice.

heres mine, its kinda quiet so turn it up a little to hear it full i guess

http://soundcloud.com/mg-music/insanity

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73

I know you're going to murder this...lol I hear the vox sample is off a bit when it first starts. It catches up but it's still a bit distracting. I could definitely line her up for you if you'd like by warping it in Ableton. All I need is the first 4 bars of the beat when she drops in and the vox sample of course. Would take all of 2 minutes! Track is too deadly to let that one thing stick out.

HDProduction

ill o.g.
@stress1- this is so dope no lie my favorite shit, i could listen to this 100 times over and over again, so chill and darkish sounding the melody is Ill, the vocals are sick, the drums are perfect soudwise and pattern wise, so dope.

@DP-i could deffinately picture a first person shooter game like doom being played to this the bassline it revolves around is dope, likefor some action packed game, the sounds are dope, this is sick i could forreal picture this on a game haha. nice work.-after the strings come in its mad epic, nice.
just like u said! its very hot! i like it.

whats about my stuff? http://www.soundclick.com/hdproduction

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
just like u said! its very hot! i like it.

What about my stuff? http://www.soundclick.com/hdproduction

Ok...I gotta say something...

1) Biting off another persons review is BULLSHIT..u basically quoted someone elses review.

2) You've come here twice (that I know of) asking someone to "listen to your stuff" when there's nothing NEW there.

3) U should appreciate the fact that someone is taking out time to listen to your music in the first place and not be greedy! U should ask that someone review a "specific" track on your page. Most don't have time to listen to everything there. It shouldn't be hard to follow suite here..nobody else above u has asked anyone to "listen to there stuff", it's a SPECIFIC track.

1) Biting off another persons review is BULLSHIT..u basically quoted someone elses review.

2) You've come here twice (that I know of) asking someone to "listen to your stuff" when there's nothing NEW there.

3) U should appreciate the fact that someone is taking out time to listen to your music in the first place and not be greedy! U should ask that someone review a "specific" track on your page. Most don't have time to listen to everything there. It shouldn't be hard to follow suite here..nobody else above u has asked anyone to "listen to there stuff", it's a SPECIFIC track.

LMAO@ noobs, gotta luv em.

Ancou

ill o.g.
@StressWon - Man your beat is dope the sample is amazing and the drums are really well done. I specially love the little string in the background, real good man.

@Thedreampolice - I think your beat would be so great for a new call of duty or something itsreally good you got the badass beat and the strings that really makes the thing sound good. The best part is really in the end at 2:20, I just thought you took a little long to get there but it sounds very nice.

@JustRipe - Real nice flow in the beat the drums are really good and the vocals are really well placed as well as the instruments, good job man i really like what you got there.

I'm new to this stuff this is just my 7th beat would like to know what you guys think of it and give some feedback to make me get better.

http://soundcloud.com/ancou/beat7

aBeatBaker

ill o.g.
@stressone that is fucking iller then ill! the sample is crazy and is cut nice. That's good ass work.

@thedreampolice that intro is what's up. the tap noise is beautiful and crisp, all of the sounds are great. Could be in an anime.

@mg you already know what i think about that guy

unfortunately i don't have anything this time around.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Ancou... keep it up, reminds me of some of my earlier stuff, especially with the piano bits.

SkidFlow - kinda cool, I didn't find much problem with the high-end levels... thought the main sound may have had a tad too much presence, possibly in the 3khz area.

Dream Police - cool stuff, really like the strings and ethnic percussion.

JustRipe - I dunno if it's just personal taste, but I think there might be too much verb on the drums, I love verb on drums, but i dunno if the mix on it is right, something feels too 'flabby' to me, I'm not sure. If it was tightened up a little, would be tasty as fuck.

Stress - cool sample, gives the track a whole bluesy mob film vibe to it.

If I aint too late to get a reply...

http://soundcloud.com/ironkeys/ironkeysrizzlekicks

Remix.

~Iron Keys

HDProduction

ill o.g.

ok... i gotta say something too.

its a forum where people can show there music and if i feel their music then i just say that i feel it. what is your problem? i really dont know sorry. thats why we can use the "quote button". even you can use it if you recognized it already. thats all i got to say peace.

oh and btw here are my beats http://www.soundclick.com/hdproduction . and if you got a problem then i dont care you sould handle it by your own and dont be rude on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.