Showcase - August 24-30, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Marc Duncan way to work that sub bass!! It really brings the track to life!
@2GooD Productions same for you with the sub bass, I think this is my first time hearing you do trap sounds good!
Did a remix of canibus poet laureate which is a whole lot longer but I just covered a section of it lol but I had fun with this

Last edited by a moderator:
@Manyek This has a John Carpenter feel to it, I like it. I would consider putting some flanger or phaser on the synth to give it a little more depth and analog feel, maybe even a subtle delay.

@Matt-D Starts out smooth as hell then Canibus? Hahahahahahahaha. Something about that clap/snare seems a little off timing wise. And the timing of the vocal goes off too. I can get used to the loose clap/snare but the off vocal is ruining it for me. I think if you could fix the timing on the pella it would work a lot better, but not sure Canibus is the best choice for this beat.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@2GooD Productions thanks, I put the undone one up by mistake smh! I put the corrected one up gotta just reupload the edited instrumentals. Everything should be good if something’s off please let me know thanks again

Tried to do drill Music

Best beat I've heard from you so far. It's incredible production really :D Nothing to improve in my opinion. Arrangement is on point, mix is on point, sounds are amazing. Great job. :)

With all the Boom Bap vs Trap arguments I did a Boom Trap beat
Nothing here yet.

Very cool. :) Especially those snare rolls. Mix is on point as always.

My first beat i put online, few times synths are off key but no other chord sounded alrght

Siemka, fajnie widzieć kogoś z Polski tutaj. :D Really cool production. Heavy low end, drums are on point, nice hihat rolls, mix is also nice in my opinion. As it was mentioned before maybe low end could be mixed better but it's also good as it is now. Good job. :)

@Marc Duncan way to work that sub bass!! It really brings the track to life!
@2GooD Productions same for you with the sub bass, I think this is my first time hearing you do trap sounds good!
Did a remix of canibus poet laureate which is a whole lot longer but I just covered a section of it lol but I had fun with this

Very cool remix. :D I feel like that snare is a little bit too loud but other than that I have no objections. :)

Yogi Beatz

Battle Points: 10
Sup guys, here's my new chill guitar beat. It's a beat I made for a beat contest, so I used a sample from the pack they give (the strumming guitar & bass and chorus vocal melody) and changed it up with effects, chopped it up, etc. and worked around that to make the beat. Let me know your thoughts, and if you like you can also vote for my entry (link in description). Cheers!

@Marc Duncan : Yea def a drill type beat, and wow you killed it! The hi-hats are on point for that drill vibe and same with the bass. I dig the arrangement and the change-ups here and there, like that Mario coin sound was perfect. Mix was well done, choice of instruments was great. All around its a solid beat, keep it up bro!

@2GooD Productions : Interesting beat for sure. The melodies just felt a bit overwhelming at the start and with the drums coming in there was too much going on at the chorus parts. You could lower the hi-hats and the drum roll snare maybe, the hats stand out too much. I wasn't a fan of the main melody sound (the high pitched one that comes in during the chorus), didn't really like the distortion on it and sounded too gritty, but all other melodies were great. There's a lot of diff melodies in this one, so it makes it hard for someone to rap over or write lyrics to, so I suggest trying to leave more room in the beat, esp for the verse sections. Also, I really dig the bass!

@Manyek : Wow congratz on your first public beat! This is actually amazing for your first one, but I can tell you have def been making beats for a while. Personally I am not a fan of the distorted bass synth sound, but other than that pretty much everything else was fire! I liked the intro build-up to the drop and the drums sounded clean af (the open hat did sound kinda loud, I woulda put it more in the background since it hits quite a lot). All the melodies that came in and out were real nice and gave that chill vibe and then the drums kinda switched it up to a harder trap style and that sounded cool to me. The beat is also really long, consider making your beats 2-3.5min as your audience retention will be lower with longer beats. GL with your channel!

Last edited:

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Finished my canibus series today, I think this volume is my favorite of the two. I will provide feedback tomorrow I’m tired I spent all day making this volume lol

Status
Not open for further replies.