Showcase - August 25-27, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Skid- you're mixing is Sooooooo much better than it used to be. Props big dawg!

Ripe-A little composition strings on this and some dj kutz and it's a winner. I actually like the way u filtered this and let the high end thru every now and again. Put together well.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Just Ripe...this is dope...the kick works...I'm mean you could prolly beef it up just a tad with a Lil eq but I think it's a matter of opinion. I like the filtered effect also. I got a beat where I try the same trick. Yours sound crispy though.

LDB...thanx bro! I actually been focusing on mixing and eq as of lately...still never quite satisfied though.

aBeatBaker

ill o.g.
@skidflow yeah those sounds are something dark. I really dig the vibe. I think it's good as a structure but I'd add a lot more to it and make it really frightening. Maybe some weird sample or chilling ambient sounds to fill it out. It just seems a little bare. I might add a little more drum work, too.

@justripe I was listening to this earlier today. I like the milky sounding samples, they came out nice. It's also got a nice fluid progression. I like the low end on this. Buzzes a bit but it does give it some dirt. I'd take it down maybe a tad, a very small, small amount, but it works on this.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
LBD-thanks and that exactly what i did haha.i think just a dope mc with some scratches would make this A+, for me anyway haha

Beat baker- yeah i know what u mean idk i like it rugged it gives it just that unique touch so its not just rugged soundin it is actually rugged lol.

@ skid i think i sit a little too close to my monitors lol, so it probly sounds alot beefier when im makin it..

thanks for all the feedback guys.

got another low one too..

http://soundcloud.com/mg-music/precise-plot

Heres a work in progress from me....

Compositions.....https://www.illmuzik.com/profile/page/?username=2good-productions&music&music_id=1576

No point criticising the mix, i have no clue how good or bad that is right now.

Feedback in a sec.

Skid. I like the start of this its on some dre shit. Nice choice of sounds. I really like the way the different sounds play off of each other. Sounds like some shit id like to make. lol.

Justripe, what track am I supposed to review, Ill do "Common Scars".
Sounds a bit clicky at the start, that kick hits hard, i like it, the snare is hard to match, nice sample too, but really need to clean up those clicks. And maybe allow some more of the high end of the sample through too. I think the drums overpower the sample. Allowing more high end through would fix that i think.

"I hold no grudge" haha love this sample. This is dope.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Heres a work in progress from me....

Compositions.....https://www.illmuzik.com/profile/page/?username=2good-productions&music&music_id=1576

No point criticising the mix, i have no clue how good or bad that is right now.
Definitely a departure from what I'm use to from you. You already spoke on the mix. The elements "too me" need a diff't drum pattern. The elements give it an ominous gangster feel. The drum pattern should compliment that. I like gangster shhh so I'm 90% feeling this.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
Skidflow: the mix sounds real clean, track has a chill west coast feel to it, something to ride out to.

JustRipe: i listened to The Immaculate Conceptions, definitely feeling this one, im loving the filter effects, laidback vibe, underground sound

2Good: i love the intro to this, and the progression of the track, it's kind upbeat for a dark track which to me is different, something i don't hear everyday, but at the same time it's real chill. pretty good track so far.

HD: i listened to the lady gaga style beat, definitely a club joint, good track, i would add a couple light cymbals or something like that in the chorus to complement the hat you have in it, maybe a small delay on it too but that's just me, i like this track though, it's the kind of music i have been moving towards

Here's a track by me, some reason i have been moving toward club style music, but still with a hip hop feel, i guess:

http://soundcloud.com/diskrete/unappreciated

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Skidflow: the mix sounds real clean, track has a chill west coast feel to it, something to ride out to.

JustRipe: i listened to The Immaculate Conceptions, definitely feeling this one, im loving the filter effects, laidback vibe, underground sound

2Good: i love the intro to this, and the progression of the track, it's kind upbeat for a dark track which to me is different, something i don't hear everyday, but at the same time it's real chill. pretty good track so far.

HD: i listened to the lady gaga style beat, definitely a club joint, good track, i would add a couple light cymbals or something like that in the chorus to complement the hat you have in it, maybe a small delay on it too but that's just me, i like this track though, it's the kind of music i have been moving towards

Here's a track by me, some reason i have been moving toward club style music, but still with a hip hop feel, i guess:

I think the intro is toooo long. The beat is ok....kind of over used the dark piano part. Maybe if u change that up with a diff't instrument and drop it out from time to time it would work a little better.

HDProduction

ill o.g.

thx for the feedback man! i like your beat. just use another clap and a better kick. piano melodie is very calm. all in one good beat man ;) http://www.soundclick.com/hdproduction

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Skidflow - Dope,reminds me of Dr Dre

2good - Sounds like an intro to a boxing fight,westcoast ish

Diskrete - Not really hiphop but i approve

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online