Showcase - August 3-9, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan like the intro with the filter cool bell sounds, really like the ambient vocals, feel like the clap should be louder or just have more oomf to it, quite well composed think you could maybe do more with the melody on the strings that come in, but really though this is a cool beat and the hook with vocals is killer

@Matt-D i really like the strings in this sounds quite unusual, feel its a litte repetetive could do with some rearranging, drums are sweet kick hits hard af personally would like more of a darker sounding snare, in general it has a cool vibe would just like to have a breakdown or something to switch up the flow cuz at this length it needs it, would also be nice with an outro i am nitpicking tho this is good would just like to see it taken to the next level

anyway here's one i've been working on not quite sure about my tag hahaha

@Matt-D Drums are on point. Nice melody and nice sounds. As it was previously mentioned by @Crispifier arrangement should be improved as the whole beat gets repetitive after a while. Maybe try to intertwine melody with some vocal snippets.

@Crispifier Very good sound of drums. I like those dreamy jazzy phrases on piano. Mix is clean. Beat is kept in a very smooth mood. I pictured some interior of a small club, it's raining outside and some small band plays that tune. :D I like it. :)

OMAR.

Battle Points: 5
@Marc Duncan this is good. i really enjoy these vocal cuts

@Matt-D this beat is very good but i think is hard 2 follow. to much champles. i think the flute can be cutted in my opinion. the mix is clear and good

@Crispifier damn bro this beat is perfect. i really enjoy listened to. the bass is so good arranged and clear. the drums are perfect. Great idea puting delay on that piano. WELL DONE

@Memento Beats YES good work bro. love that glockenspiel sample. got some holiday vibes. i think the 808s are to much. id try to arrange less anyways its very good. Gut gemacht digger!

@stcbeats damnn this makes me bounce lol. this is very good. lil wayne could get wild on this.
this is fire bro. a good banger

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
@Marc Duncan ,great beat..i like the whole pop vibe..this track made my morning a little bit better. thanks
@Matt-D ,this track is very well put together..nice jazzy vibe..love the flute & strings
@Crispifier , i like this..nice bounce. really vibin on those keys..well done
@stcbeats , bangin ass beat...but i felt it took a little long for the melody to come in...i guess because when i heard it i was like "cool"....guess i wanted more sooner..lol...great beat..
Well here is mine little beat i threw together...i'm not really trying to get a style...i'm just trying to make sure my intro's are better and my quality and mixing are better..
Nothing here yet.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Memento Beats "First love" really like the melody on the bells they just sound really pretty, not sure about the 808 i think its doing to much for this style of beat i think a smoother bassline/808 would work better with the track, it's nicley composed and as always production standards are really high, switch out the bass for a smoother one and this will be killer

"boku no hero "I found myself humming the tune to this while sending emails so gave it a few more listens its still really god damn good man, i especially love the orchestral drums in the intro.

@stcbeats quite far out from my style but its dope i like the dun dun dun when you pitch shift on the 808, claps is good as in its loud enough often feel people dont have enough volume on their claps and this does, kick is a little unusal but works very well combined with the bass hits, overall i think its really cool very few melodic elements which is kinda my thing but i still digg it

@playaKO the melody is cool drums are really friggin weird, i would use them in the intro then switch to a convetional beat pattern after, hats need some work in my opinion i think hitting third beats works best if its used sparingly, think its still decent though and definitly unique and i really like the sinister vibe

@OMAR. thank you so much for your feedback my dude i really appriciate it means a lot :) .anyway on to yours i like the "guitar" sounding thing in this has sorta latin vibe, the hats sound really cool their subtle but also bouncy, i like how you arranged the bass to fade away in parts, not sure about the kick i would of liked to have a secondary kick for example a pitch shifted version of the first hitting on a few of the beats. other than that mix is good and overall very solid work my guy

@crudeking rythmn is cool i just want the kick and claps to hit harder, a good way to do this would be through sidechaning the kick to the bass with a limiter and using compression on the snare and kick with a slow attack and really fast release, i like the melodic elements even if they are simple they work, its also quite well arranged. GOAT of the beat is the triangle gj my man just work on making the kick and snares hit like a truck and you could definitly make some awesome stuff

@guitardep i'm a guitarist myself that chord progression is really cool but needs some variation and the lead guitarist in me really would of loved to hear some minor pentatonic licks over it, dont like when you chop it around the 1 min mark if you had usued something like grossbeat for this effect it could work but right now i'm sorry to say it sounds like you ran out of ideas. the rythmic elements are quite good though so its a bit of a mixed bag for me. with some work and arranging this could be really good

@EsquireMusic111 nice remix bro i dont have much to critique here, i like the noir detective mixed with tropic vibe you have going and i love that muted trumpet, well arranged and just in general really high level

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.