Showcase - December 21-27, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Studio 466

beats&record
Here is my beat I made some days ago. Any feedback is appreciated. Have a good christmas time everyone!

I really liked that oldschool vibes.
the piano is very soft, making this beat gentel,
i'd like a bit more punch in the kick becuase there is'nt a lot going on in the low end but other then that... it's simple and great!

Stoned Monk

Music & Chill
Battle Points: 16
Hi guys, this my HAPPY TYPE BEAT
tell me what you think :)

Very uplifting beat! I really like the baseline and the piano melody. All the musical elements are fitting together very well and I like the little details you put in. Mixing is on point as well. I would maybe add some more reverb on the piano and the strings but that's a matter of taste. All in all, good work!

Hi guys, this my HAPPY TYPE BEAT
tell me what you think :)

I think you got the happy vibe there, happy is one vibe I have a lot of trouble with. Very good composition, stays interesting all throughout. I would maybe push the low end a little more so its a little bit more sub. Great structure, really impressed. I agree with @Stoned Monk about a bit of reverb on the piano.

@Stoned Monk Another happy style beat. I really like it, well put together, nice variation keeping things interesting, would like to hear a bassline in there though, but thats just me.

Flip G

Nzyte
@Stoned Monk - this would be a dope hip hop and rn mashup record... someone like a j.cole could kill it, or it could go the wu tang "all so simple" route... nice work on this.

@Studio 466 - I could hear lil yachty or devin the dude on this... beat has a fun vibe, something that I don't hear enough unfortunately...good job on the arrangement too

@2GooD Productions - I' always game for cinematic tracks, once the song i finished I think it could jam... the song is what will sent it off... good job on the track

Been running around trying to get things in order but I found sometime to FUNK lol... give me some critique good or bad.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Stoned Monk Really clean work man. I love the melodies and counter melodies. every thing works in harmony. Solid work bro!

@Studio 466 This beat definitely does the job! Makes me happy. Good stuff man! Only feedback would be the strings cut through real sharp, I would consider making them softer. Awesome job!

@2GooD Productions Really nice job brotha! instrumental is on point. I think the vocal performance might be a little off key at times, but the instrumental is real clean boss. Great job!

@XIS nice job bro! great energy on this song!

This week I tried out an East coast/ Mobb Deep type beat. And I gave scratching a try. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance! :)

Flip G

Nzyte
@Rah.sool - this is super moody and I appreciate the dr.dre vocal sample... I also like how intimate this feels, a real wordsmith could do some damage on this... I really like the vibe too because it is different than what I hear all the time from producers making the next "hot club single"... although this could knock in a club setting too, good job

@2GooD Productions - defiantly try to record your artist 1 on1 if you can, a bunch of people in the studio who are not focused in like the producer and the art is distracting.... plus the artist can try new stuff without fear of judgement

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Heres a track Im working on with an artist at the studio. Not rap though, but its one of my style beats.
Nothing here yet.

Nice beat, but that vocal is wonky, my brother. Said with respect.

I'm sure you don't need any tips, but incase anyone is facing a similar issue.
- Try finding out if she has a particular key she sings in.
- if tracking with both cans on ears, try tracking with one.
- track with reverb.

I know singers can have a tendency to pitch sharp when singing with both headphones on or when their vocal mix is dry.
Signal sounds a little hot too? can't really tell. has a sharpness to it.

Get that record sorted out nicely n it'll be real good tho, easy to tell that.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
@Stoned Monk Really clean work man. I love the melodies and counter melodies. every thing works in harmony. Solid work bro!

@Studio 466 This beat definitely does the job! Makes me happy. Good stuff man! Only feedback would be the strings cut through real sharp, I would consider making them softer. Awesome job!

@2GooD Productions Really nice job brotha! instrumental is on point. I think the vocal performance might be a little off key at times, but the instrumental is real clean boss. Great job!

This week I tried out an East coast/ Mobb Deep type beat. And I gave scratching a try. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance! :)

This has that jazzy bar vibe if you know what i mean i like it certainly a beat battle type of beat catchy and nice. And the scratch is done pretty good.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
I just made this little beat piece anyone who wants to check it out give some feedback i would appreciate that very much. Thanks. I think its a pretty good beat but maybe sounds a bit empty in the beginning but sounds very full in the end becuzz of the drums.

Nothing here yet.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@TjombaBeats Nice job bro! really good stuff. I like the drums especially. And the main melody is clean. My only feedback would be that the part with all the layers (starting at 59 seconds) comes on a little strong, it could be a matter of eq or volume leveling. But I would change this part to be less overwhelming. Really nice job boss!

Nothing here yet.

Merry Christmas everyone :)
This reminds me of a dark Herbie Hancock, I like the sub fam.

Dope work cuz, tbh, the mixing is phenomenal. Atleast on headphones.

Made this Christmas vibe track. On some different ish, I'm starting a channel with beats only where all the graphics are pictures I took. I don't sample so I'm on some 100% self publishing ish. Real life vibes.

Also I made this beat entirely with Free Alpha VST which if you want to see that cookup it's on my Slime Green Beats YT channel.

Thanks fams

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online