Showcase - December 28, 2020 - January 3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip G

Nzyte
@Matt-D - that is one of my all time favorite songs!... good job! the track give the song a new perspective, it makes me think about all that is going on with the current state of hip hop and urban life... enjoyed listening to this one

singing is eeehhh.... but I make all the beats i use so let me know what ya'll think

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@XIS this is a very well written song. The beat is dope it reminds me of Kanye. You definitely got something being able to produce and write as well. That’s one of my next things I want to practice is writing lyrics as well. Bout to subscribe bro I like your music. Nicely done

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Matt-D RNB jazz tupac 10/10 i like the soft lofi vibe of it its nice shame the vocals dont sync up perfectly in some places think its just cuz the stuff ur playing is offbeat by nature real chill and creative tho mix is also really good

@XIS always look forward to ur stuff m8, like the horns, composition is awesome. Mix needs work some of the stuff in the midrange sounds a little compressed as a demo tho its damn fine work really envy the fact that u can sing produce and write thats an amazing mix of talent u got there just work on the producing side of it and you will be unstoppable

@44Beatzz hmm this is unusual its a little repetetive tho. i rly like the vibe of it however, sounds really trippy, dunno man i feel like it does what its supposed to do i'd personally like some variation in the composition etc but the repetetivness sorta works for this style and the dusty mix also adds to it took me like a min and i was vibing

heres something i made not sure about it but meh any feedback is appriciated ^_^

Flip G

Nzyte
@Matt-D RNB jazz tupac 10/10 i like the soft lofi vibe of it its nice shame the vocals dont sync up perfectly in some places think its just cuz the stuff ur playing is offbeat by nature real chill and creative tho mix is also really good

@XIS always look forward to ur stuff m8, like the horns, composition is awesome. Mix needs work some of the stuff in the midrange sounds a little compressed as a demo tho its damn fine work really envy the fact that u can sing produce and write thats an amazing mix of talent u got there just work on the producing side of it and you will be unstoppable

@44Beatzz hmm this is unusual its a little repetetive tho. i rly like the vibe of it however, sounds really trippy, dunno man i feel like it does what its supposed to do i'd personally like some variation in the composition etc but the repetetivness sorta works for this style and the dusty mix also adds to it took me like a min and i was vibing

heres something i made not sure about it but meh any feedback is appriciated ^_^

@Crispifier - thanks for the compliment and the 2nd ear on the mix, I've been trying to perfect things on the mix/master part... your track gives me Scarface ghetto boys vibes but for the new age... It sounds like a storyline type of record along the lines of a slick rick... mix sounds clean and beats knocks too... good job

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Matt-D Clean bro. The original is such an impeccable sample flip. Your version is so much different, and it really captures the emotion of the lyrics very well. Love the choir.

@XIS nice job brotha! You definitely have a very distinct and recognizable style to your music. Solid production and your vocals are always clean.

@44Beatzz Solid work bro! It's interesting hearing those softer drums on a 'BOOM BAP' top end. Sounds pretty good!

@Crispifier I love this man. Sounds like you're doing some 'outside playing' where you play notes out of key on purpose. Sounds jazzy and funky.

@jafar4000 good job bro. I like the variations in the percussion you used. It keeps the beat interesting

My laptop is trashed right now, so i'm posting an old song. This isn't hip-hop per say, but i'd still value any feedback you guys can give. Thanks in advance!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@44Beatzz i like it!! It’s simple yet it knocks and everything flows together. The mix is solid as well.
@Crispifier loving that bass!! Very good arrangement and I love that jazzy piano.
@Rah.sool I love the sounds you used, very spacey and future sounding. I just think the nix needs some work mainly the drumsl, I think they should stand out in the mix more. But definitely on the right track bro!

@XIS I like it! The song is catchy and theres a nice variation among sounds throughout the song - maybe a suggestion would be making the instruments sound a bit less MIDI-like? thats just details, overall it's nice to listen to!

@Crispifier love it! sounds like a lo-fi vibe to it, very chill and pleasant to the ear, yet distinct but jazzy. love the "waviness" and the VOX. love the piano and the beat too. really dope, good job!

my very first beat - check it out, feedback would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Flip G

Nzyte
@Rah.sool - super clean mix with a little g-funk mixed in... melodies and harmonies are nice... I would have like the drums more up front... get well to your laptop... good job tho

@jafar4000 - this make me think of anime... the right artist could take your tracks to a new level because your tracks have so much room for diverse topic matter... I would love to hear some emcees on your joints

@tacospinner - the vocal stabs remind me of old timbo... sounds like a moody RnB track for a female singer... I would like to hear what a hook on this would sound like... excellent job on your first beat!

In an alternate dimension we have lofi Pac
@Matt-D - that is one of my all time favorite songs!... good job! the track give the song a new perspective, it makes me think about all that is going on with the current state of hip hop and urban life... enjoyed listening to this one

singing is eeehhh.... but I make all the beats i use so let me know what ya'll think

Rnb works great when you're making your own beats, keep at it I'm on the same wave
@Matt-D Thats an interesting Pac remix.I like the piano.

Now this is ultra chill
Thanks for that feedback, I would love to have an emcee on this. Also, this (dropped 808's and on the electric bass):

Happy 2021 everyone! :)
This would sound hard with vocals the sounds are so out there. I could here like Absoul on this.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@slimegreenbeats Really good sound selection on this here! I also like the melodies. Mix sounds balanced as well. Good stuff.

@jafar4000 Drape Runners is trippy as hell. The beat sounds a little disorganized and hectic, but not unlike some of the songs on J Dilla's 'Donuts'. If that's what you're going for then cool. Either way, this has a great energy. Good stuff man.

Status
Not open for further replies.