Showcase - February 13-19, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

No WaY

Flipped Look of Love by Slum VIllage as a tribute to Dilla for his death day

Let me know what yall think

What's good,

I'm pretty new to making beats,

Dropping a little lo-fi phonk beat here after doing a similar kinda collab beat recently.

Check it:

Safe one...

HouseOfBeets

Battle Points: 2
@arta thanks fam, I've been mixing ok n sennheiser hd6 headphones so it's hard to get low ends just right for wide open sources, so I definitely appreciate the feedback, your beat is sick, it needs a verbal remedy

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
@Matt-D liking the sample choice, besides the slight offset in the drums this actually is a beat i enjoy listening to, xould use a little bit of a change up in it half way through to give it an extra twist to this sample

@Marc Duncan listening to the kendrick lamar beat, very well composed my only thing is the 808 but im an old school kind of guy so this doesnt really isnt the kind of music i listen to but as a producer this beat is dope and very well put together

@No WaY interesting direction you took with the soft percussion instruments for the drums in this beat, really wished at some point some sick bass drop would just come in and have some hard hitting kicks come in but thats just my opinion, this beat was cool but i love the concept of the flip in tribute to dilla thats dope

@PRGMAT checking out awaken world, yeaaaa this is fantastic nice chop work with the sample, top notch boom bap beat here good job

@ThirdEye616 drums are sick in this joint sample you used is so wierd it throws me off just a bit but i dont enjoy the new age surreal feel you were able to make here, as a producer i like it but as a rapper this would be a quick skip

@HouseOfBeets very well composed beat i actually enjoy listening to this very much because it tickles my love for music production and compisition at the same time, this sounds kinda like the theme song to a tv sitcom or some shit great work

@arta this beat goes hard my bro, remind me of something alchemist might of cooked up, love that style of battle rap style beats...and a proper name with SPIT cuz you would have to know how to spit to kill a beat like this...nice work keep that shit up

i got no beat to share today, i review beats cuz i love to do so with honesty and shit...with more than just"nice beat bro" or "i like those drums"

Kooija

Kooija
Sup guys,

I've recently made a oldschool type beat and I wanted to show it to you.

Hope you like it and let me know what you think about it.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
@Matt-D - WHOA, this beat is heavily distorted...not sure if this is intentional, but it's definitely in your face!

@No WaY - Hmmmm, the vibe is nice, but where are the drums?

@PRGMAT - Paradise Circus: I'm loving the sample and the drums in this, although the open hat is too loud. That breakdown is also nice

Hella Lit: The samples in this are dope, but not really feeling that drum pattern

Awaken World: BOOM! You nailed it with this one...that BOOM BAP, son! PROPS!

@ThirdEye616 - This beat has potential, but the structure is all over the place. The drums need more punch, with the hat hiding under the kick and snare.

@HouseOfBeets - Sounds like some West Coast flavor here, but in the wrong BPM.

@arta - WHOA SON! This sounds like some Alchemist shit! Props!

@Kooija - The mix on this beat is nice! I like the vibe of this track...sounds like some drive by shit. The bassline could be just a tad bit louder, but not too loud that it's overpowering the entire beat. Props yo!

Here's one of my latest:

Nothing here yet.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Beautiful Noise thanks man that's what I needed to hear because I tried someone else's method on the mixing process instead of my usual method so now I know not to use his process. lol. Thanks!! And I will provide feedback later on, occupied at the moment.

Cedric Wntrs

Battle Points: 6

As you can see, my profile say's newbie and that is more or less what i am depending on how you look at it. I joined this website to hone my skills and gain outside feedback, but seeing as I need to give before receive:
@Marc Duncan - Honestly, I don't usually vibe with these styles of beats but I definitely can't deny that you got some bangers and i like the way you mix these as well.
@No WaY - I like the off kilter melody and beat, but it's hard to find the drums' rhythm. I know it's most likely on purpose but it still throws off my tempo while humming along. I think a fatter kick in the mix would make this hit!
@PRGMAT - I was good with the tone you set with your first 2 beats, the have a you-took-a-wrongturn-down-an-other-worldy alleyway sort of feel to them. Then I listened to you third joint...triumphant...hard hitting...heel-turn to what i expected...you just gained a new follower.
@ThirdEye616 - I can imagine this being something a lyricist goes in depth on. The stuff you did to this seems so minimal and yet it isn't forgettable. Respect. Have a follow on me.
@HouseOfBeets - I like the vibe. Getting shiznit done smoothly. I can see this on tv somewhere or even as a nice interlude.
@arta - This is like 99.9999% there, for me. I like the guitar riffs and organ chords, they add a smooth boss-man vibe to it. Only thing i could possibly want for this is some bass kick and slicing snare out of the drums. I really wanna feel this beat.
@Kooija - I can chill with this beat. Like if this was looping in the back ground for hours, i wouldn't mind it one bit. I feel like it's missing cherry on top but i don't know what that could be soooooo, ima just leave it alone. :)
@Beautiful Noise - No pointers, all props. I would rap to this just to hear someone's voice try to do it justice. (I can't but honestly some needs to, this beat is begging for an MC)

arta

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
Thanks for the props on my beat, and yeah I was trying for a Primo/ Alchemist type track. :)

@Matt-D: I guess you took the beat down for now based on what B Noise said. I'll check it later.
@Marc Duncan Even though these aren't my style the beats are well put together. The Kendrick beat is the best.
@No WaY Kept waiting for the beat to drop. Even the percussion felt off kilter.
@PRGMAT Pretty much what B-Noise said. Awaken World has a great drum loop that matches the sample. It's the one that made my head nod. You do have good taste in finding esoteric samples.
@ThirdEye616 A bit too lo-fi for me, like one low pass filter was applied to the entire beat. It works great for the sample but weakens the drums too much.
@Kooija Nice work with this beat! You got the swing down on those various hi hats and the drums knock. Bassline has a good melody, could be turned up a bit.
@Beautiful Noise Really like it, picturing Dead Prez or Sadat X on this track
@Cedric Wntrs "Chillaxin" sounds good, drumwork is a good start, I'm thinking adding a little creative percussion to match the sample.
"Nightscape" needs a bassline to work with that low brass horn, and you've got a banger.
"Backstage Burner feels the most complete beat, has a great bounce to it. During the breakdown when you chop up the sample I was expecting the woodblock perc to get a bit crazy as well, but that's just me.

@HouseOfBeets I was actually thinking of getting some headphones for mixing at night so I don't disturb the neighbours. I was looking at the DT770, 880 and 990,as well as the Sennheiser HD650. Not sure what to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online