Not open for further replies.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
Well, I guess I'm setting this bad boy off! Here ya go:

Nothing here yet.

HouseOfBeets

Battle Points: 2

@Beautiful Noise that is some hard ish. i can def funk with that boom bap madness. love the panning of the keys, its perfect.

@Marc Duncan that had my head dancing all over the place! yes. needs a midnight grave yard wreck session video with it. love the choppy snares

not sure if the initial 808 is completely fixed, it was an A and was too low, I've since changed it to a B but have not had a chance to monitor again, ill post it anyways lemme know if its fixed or not

Last edited:

Chad

@Beautiful Noise : Nice boom bap feel, and the overall mix is great. Nice work.

@Marc Duncan : Nice arpeggio on the keybaord and I like the overall mix, especially how the 808s and hi hats fit. That's a dope beat.

@HouseOfBeets : I like how different this is. It's like it can't be fit into a sub genre of hip hop. It's fresh, but like you noted before the 808 can be mixed better. Have you considered sidechaining the 808 to your kick? I don't mix professionally but that's an option that I go to if my 808 isn't sounding right.

Nothing here yet.

arta

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
@Beautiful Noise: Nothing to critique, sounds like a track Kool G Rap and Mobb Deep would go on nicely.

@Marc Duncan: real creative beat, I love the spacey feel to it.

@HouseOfBeets: again, another creative beat. Only thing I can say is that the horn sounds a bit flat, might need to modulate the expression a bit

@Chad: beat sounds good. Only thing is the flute sounds a bit early to me.

----------------------------
Rough mix, had to have speakers really low late at night.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@Beautiful Noise
very basic, oldschool, reminds me of the raw 90s stuff, it's pretty cool actually

@Marc Duncan
Well put together, not a big fan of the synth sound, maybe too forward. Not a big fan of the style but it's well done. Maybe try and get the clap/snare more upfront

@HouseOfBeets the idea isn't bad, but I'm not a big fan of the execution, it's a little empty and shallow, some sounds are not doing well, the guitar for example, if you work more on your sound, I think it'll be much better.

@Chad
Oh yea, this is good, reminds me of some madlib, very messy and dirty, I like it a lot :D

@arta not a big fan of the orchestral stuff, it doesn't sound bad, but not my thing here

as for myself

cheers <3

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Beautiful Noise Sounds clean and bangs at the same time I would like to hear someone spit on this one.
@Marc Duncan the beat is put together well. But personally i'm not a big fan of those particular style of beats.
@HouseOfBeets not bad but the drums need work.
@Chad good intro but I feel as though the 808 was a bit strong when it comes in, and the beat is a little messy but other than that sounds alright.
@arta I like this one man sounds smooth.
@Hadoq I like the first one, it's very creative and fun to listen to once it starts building. Nice!! The second one was alright but not as good as the first.

Here are my two. One is sampled the second is not.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
@HouseOfBeets - This beat has a very mellow vibe. Only suggestion I have is to spread out the instrumentation by using panning...give the track a fuller sound instead of having everything panned center.

@Chad - I was loving that electric guitar intro, and was totally thrown off by the transition into what sounds like an R&B slow joint. If this is the vibe of the beat, ditch that intro, and go right into the slow tempo...after all, you throw hints of the electric guitar in the beat here and there, so it's not a total loss. As I'm listening to this beat, it sounds like the piano and electric guitar would mesh better together. Mute the rest of the instruments and give it a listen with just the piano and electric guitar. Sometimes less is more. Nice baby making joint tho

@arta - This beat is nice...very smooth. Definitely a storytelling type beat. The kick needs to be beefed up some OR lower the attack level of that snare to match the level of the kick. Everything else sounds prime. Props

@Hadoq - Nelbeat: bro, I'm not even sure what I'm listening to here. It sounds like a mesh of NIN meets Dr Dre meets Mantronix. It's definitely different.

Second beat: Definitely has an Asian feel. Again, real abstract and experimental.

@Matt-D - Share Your Love: Wow, this beat is nice! Love those chops, vocal inserts, and the bassline. This beat is well put together! Props. Sounds like something Common would rhyme over

Sliding: Hmmmm, the elements of this beat are mixed nice. The drum pattern is just a tad bit too loud, and needs to fit underneath the melody of this beat. Nice mellow track though

@DEEZ BEATZ - Damn Proud: Starts off nice, then that transition came in, and wasn't sure what to think. The hats could use some adjustment, but it's just a personal preference of mine to treat the hats as a metronome and hide them under the kick and snare. Not really feeling that breakdown, even after listening to this beat twice.

Let Em Cry: This beat isn't bad actually. Not really into "trap" style beats, but this is borderline IMO. It's definitely do-able and reminds me of the bass era during the 90's (think Bass 305, DJ Magic Mike).

I appreciate everyone's feedback on Interlude 12. It helps to have other perspectives as to who would kill the beats I make, because a lot of times, I'm not thinking in terms of "so and so" would sound dope over this beat. Your perspectives really help me, and it's much appreciated.

Last edited:
@Beautiful Noise That piano is so crispy. And the beat is the perfect compliment. It's got an underground vibe to me, would work well for a cypher

@Marc Duncan The drum track on this is solid, Digging the trap feel. And the melody is catchy but I just didn't feel the bell sound. Overall a good beat.

@HouseOfBeets I like the intro on this, it caught my attention right away. And the beat is nice when it drops in, but the mix is a little wonky, but with some tweaks the percussion would sit better in the scheme of things.

@Chad This beat is sick, reminds me of some early MGK in a way. The guitar fills were solid and basically what made the track complete in my opinion. And the slightly off-beat rhythm of the synth melody was weird but fit well.

@arta Overall the music sounds good in the mix, the chord progressions are smooth, and the instruments sound almost organic. My only constructive criticism would be for there to be a section where the orchestra cuts out allowing the piano to really shine, possibly arpeggiating it or a melody in the upper voice.

@Hadoq Nelbeat247m - At first I was like what is this insanity, the beat kicks in and "ohhhh". By the end, I was jamming. Infinite Creativity, catchy, an good composition.
2nd beat - Cool beat, I really thought the melody of it was nice. Very interesting sycopated effect there, maybe a mixed meter? Followed your SoundCloud

@Matt-D Share your Love - Sampling was on point throughout the entire beat. Almost had me trying to freestyle a little bit. Dope Oldschool Vibes
Sliding - This one is nice as well. The jazzy rhodes sound and the beat gave it a little bit of an EDM feel. Definately Jammy.

@DEEZ BEATZ DAMN PROUD - Has some good samples here, though the transition with them are a little rough sometimes. Still a pretty solid beat, vaguely sounds like Kendrick to me.
LET 'EM CRY - This one is also good usage of samples, but i think its lacking in the drum track. It sounds like something trappy.

I WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE FEEDBACK FOR THE 2 TRACKS I UPLOADED. I'M ALWAYS WILLING TO EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT FORMULAS OF BEATS AND SAMPLES. SOMETIMES THEY WORK AND SOMETIMES THEY DON'T, WHEN YOU GET FEEDBACK THAT MEANS ALOT...BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD..LOL

The Monk

@Beautiful Noise love that smooth beat it just flows the whole track, piano is sweet.
@HouseOfBeets great fusion of trap with a jazz feel, kick needs a bit more just to blend with the bass
@Chad nice beat, a lot going on might be too much and could need to be mixed a bit better just to bring the sounds together.
@arta great intro, great feel to the track it's mixed very well, really like the harmony's real smooth
@Hadoq nelbeat I like that bass but the the glitchiness doesn't sit well with me it's a bit to stop start and hard to get into a groove
@Matt-D share your love NIce work on the sampling, worked it very well and got a good groove going, like how you used the vocal, sits well in the beat
@DEEZ BEATZ Let em Cry beat is good and the sub is very nice with a good fusion of sounds, got a good groove there.
@AmusingMusicInc J.cole type beat, got a bit chilled space vibe with this nice drums, thought the pad/drone come in a bit too loud at times
EDM Hip Hop Beat really like this groove, drums are great and overall vibe is really good not sure if it would be EDM but it's good

Here is one I done

@Beautiful Noise love that smooth beat it just flows the whole track, piano is sweet.
@HouseOfBeets great fusion of trap with a jazz feel, kick needs a bit more just to blend with the bass
@Chad nice beat, a lot going on might be too much and could need to be mixed a bit better just to bring the sounds together.
@arta great intro, great feel to the track it's mixed very well, really like the harmony's real smooth
@Hadoq nelbeat I like that bass but the the glitchiness doesn't sit well with me it's a bit to stop start and hard to get into a groove
@Matt-D share your love NIce work on the sampling, worked it very well and got a good groove going, like how you used the vocal, sits well in the beat
@DEEZ BEATZ Let em Cry beat is good and the sub is very nice with a good fusion of sounds, got a good groove there.
@AmusingMusicInc J.cole type beat, got a bit chilled space vibe with this nice drums, thought the pad/drone come in a bit too loud at times
EDM Hip Hop Beat really like this groove, drums are great and overall vibe is really good not sure if it would be EDM but it's good

Here is one I done

Hey Monk, thanks for the nice comment..i appreciate it, and bruh....that beat of yours is definitely a banging groove. that bass is smooth and everything about this track is dope. definitely car music..i also like urban night...love the melody on that.

MartiS

@The Monk

1st track: Even that bass sounds good is definitely too loud. I think kick too. Other way great melody and snare, i like the vibes.

Here it's my beat. About trains. About sad, reflection journeys haha, enjoy

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@Matt-D
1st one, long-ish intro, but when the beat drops, so does the head, nodding to it right now, soulful and thick stuff here

2nd one, did you actually play the drums here ? this one seems less tied together, I wish the drums would change a bit along the different sections, I don't think the sounds work well together and the melodies sound somewhat chaotic. I think the mix would sort most of the ugly out (and I know it's tough to mix live drums if that's the case, so props for that), then thin out the melodic stuff, work out your melodies better, maybe longer loops with a little variation, and a better overall structure.

@DEEZ BEATZ
1st one
Wow, chaotic stuff, I kinda like it in a weird way, reminds me of some madlib (don't ask), very weird and unexpected, it's walking that fine line between genius and utter nonsensical
it's quite an experience if you let it get to you, I like it a lot actually

2nd one
Writing as I listen, weird sample choice, this is a very naive style that you have, upfront, unexpected and weird.
I'm actually quite blown away, again, I don't know if it's just clumsy or pure genius.

Keep doing your thing man, you rock !

@AmusingMusicInc
1st one, wow this is the week for long intros :D I expected something a little more "in your face", but this ends up to be pretty laidback, I actually like it a lot. not a big fan of the wurly/rhodes/ep in the background, I don't know if it's the sound or melody, or both, other than that, the beat is pretty cool but that damn EP is too distracting. I would have loved to hear some evolving synths in the background (if you want and if you're on live, I can wouldn't care to illustrate ;) )

2nd one
Alright, I love the intro drums, then, where is the bass here? just get a kickass bass line and sound in there, call it a day, nice groove, but it needs them basslines <3

@The Monk
Very well put together, but a bit repetitive for me, I like it when things move about a little more, but you're good at what you're doing man

@MartiS
Nice intro man, and once the beat drops, you get that atmosphere going with the vocal samples, man I love vocal samples as instruments and harmonic elements, great melody and harmony going on, nice breaks, then you take the whole thing a step further, almost losing the harmony there, almost but not quite.

if I had one negative thing to say, I would have worked more on the synths sounds, but they're pretty cool as they are already, so it's more about taste I guess, definitely one of my favorite beats this week, keep them coming man

LOTS of talent going on this week wow

J-Hershey

WELL HERE ARE MY NEW BEATS

I like the chops on both beats. Let em cry is def my favorite out the two. I like the gritty minimalist production. I would just say put more attack on the drums so the smack harder then it will really knock. But dope shit. Check out my beat.

J-Hershey

@The Monk

1st track: Even that bass sounds good is definitely too loud. I think kick too. Other way great melody and snare, i like the vibes.

Here it's my beat. About trains. About sad, reflection journeys haha, enjoy

This shit is dope really nicely produced. I especially dig when the beat drops in and you just get that nice watery melancholy vibe. Good Stuff. Checkout my latest beat.

J-Hershey

Here are my two. One is sampled the second is not.

[/QUOTE]

I really like the first one the sample chop is nice and the drums accent it nicely. Check out my beat. The second one is dope too I would experiment with some reverb to give more life. Check out my new beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online