Showcase - February 21-23, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
In too deep - I think the samples need to be tamed a bit, they're quite overwhelming (but I do have my speakers up real loud), but I think perhaps the drums could be a bit fatter (might just be my obsession with hefty drums), I think some muddy/boxiness should be took out of the low sample.
Really nice choice of samples though.

intent to deliver - please have some intent to find wutang acapella and throw it on this... that's the vibe i get. Nice kinda sound going on.
Loving the vibe.

I'll be back to post a few!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@LP, on In Too Deep your bass line is out of tune just a smidge. on Intent to Deliver, I like it alot it seems like your high hats are bit out of control, but other than that this is nice.

Ok for my track, I wanted to post this video Sofia did, all I did was the music and she did the vocals and someone else did the video. Anyway, here you go

She is certainly different than the type of artist I usually work with, but she is hustlen hard!

AND here is another track I worked on with Sofia

http://soundcloud.com/sofiamargaritas/provocateur

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Not feeling lil miss Margarita so much. Loving the music though. How much was tracked, what was played/sampled etc? Mixed it yourself?

"She is certainly different than the type of artist I usually work with, but she is hustlen hard!"

Is all about working with people who share the hunger, else you're gonna get frustrated with people who sleep on ish.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Yea, I don't think there is any middle ground with Margarita you either think she is cool, funny, etc or you don't like her style. I don't see much in between with her. But I DO think she is VERY marketable and that she will find her audience and could have a nice career. As far as sampling, both of those tracks are 100% composed. I played a real bass and guitar on "Mike Incredible" and I did premix the music, but whoever tracked her vocals in NYC did the final mix.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
I played the drum parts live on Maschine, then brought everything in to Reason for the rest of the instruments. That is my usually working method really, track all the live stuff in Reason, I use the Maschine controller to control Kong a bunch and find myself using the Maschine software less and less. But I still use a fair amount of both. Now that Reason can handle audio, and it has SSL, Pulverizer (Pulverizer is freaking amazing!) I find myself finishing all my mix's just in Reason. I don't really need to go back out to a DAW any more. Good stuff :)

ALSO on the "Mike" song I use a TON of the line 6 pod's that are built in to Reason, I use them for the wah pedals on the keyboard parts etc. Lots of fun!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Tory, haha, that first joint is bizarre to listen to. I can imagine some lovey style rap to it. Second one is real nice too. If it has a sick pre-chorus or bridge with more sustained portion it'd be killer. Feeling it much, family. You got plans with that one yet?

RCbeats

LP- Really feeling both tracks. very mellow vibe and i like the chops. really like the drums in intent to deliver.

thedreampolice- damn this instrumental is sick!! not really feeling the artists, but that is just my opinion. I like the feeling this track gives me good work

tory- man this is the shit right here! I'm not sure whether it is marriage music or L smoking music hahaha. but either way, dope shit. not really my style and i was still feeling it.

iron keys- I'm much more of a boom bap kinda guy, but i was def bobbing my head, which is good. i like the drums, my only advice would be slowing the tempo down maybe? listening to it one more time, i really like the vocal sample, and maybe slowing down the tempo would bring more life to that sample, but good shit overall.

alright....went to the record shop last week and found some really dope samples

http://soundcloud.com/robc88/watch-and-listen-1
http://soundcloud.com/robc88/diamonds
http://soundcloud.com/robc88/nothing-lasts-forever

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Love the snare on watch n listen. The scratches too. Nice vibe, and like the variations. Really nice. Soundwise, it's balanced really well.

Diamonds, sick beat is this. I'm wondering if the kick is a little too loud in some places, it falls back a lot too. Great samples. Tame the kick a bit though.

Nice sample, loving the sample actually. Wondering if the kick is too loud too, needs to come down a little... I love hefty kicks, believeee me. But soundwise, I think it sounds too 'above' everything, needs to quiet a little. Otherwise, good levels and another great beat.

toryhooks

Battle Points: 122
Tory, haha, that first joint is bizarre to listen to. I can imagine some lovey style rap to it. Second one is real nice too. If it has a sick pre-chorus or bridge with more sustained portion it'd be killer. Feeling it much, family. You got plans with that one yet?
Hey thanks bro, and by the way i don have any plans to do anything with it. If you want it , its all yours my dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online