Showcase - February 26-28, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Loving the kick drum and the o babyy sample. Loving the overrall feel too. Nice stuff. I'd say perhaps the kick could have a little more 'thump' in it, more low end. But I love the sound/stereoness of it.

edit...
-------------------------

def feeling the vibe, I allowed it to rock through and nodding to it even after I've left my feedback

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
cheers boys, yeah i agree think the kick needs a bit more thump.

no one else got any beats??

Medl4

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 69
@precog - nice work, the kick as you already now sounds a bit...vacant?

@LP - the drums sound like their not sitting on the samples, which btw are dope chops, but why no highs? I kept waiting for the samples in the background to come in, it sounded all muffled.

@Toryhooks - the drums to me sound a bit crispy, thats the only way I can put it. I love the Toms you rolled in, but bring that sample up! You and LP put work into chopping those up and left them in the background for some reason.

@dontyalove it - To be honest man, I dont. Im not sure what you were going for but I cant dig that flute melody repeated over & over with no changes, Just being honest, please dont consider it hate. Keep working and shit will make sense.

Here is my latest work.

http://soundcloud.com/medl4/harvest-season

toryhooks

Battle Points: 122
@precog - nice work, the kick as you already now sounds a bit...vacant?

@LP - the drums sound like their not sitting on the samples, which btw are dope chops, but why no highs? I kept waiting for the samples in the background to come in, it sounded all muffled.

@Toryhooks - the drums to me sound a bit crispy, thats the only way I can put it. I love the Toms you rolled in, but bring that sample up! You and LP put work into chopping those up and left them in the background for some reason.

@dontyalove it - To be honest man, I dont. Im not sure what you were going for but I cant dig that flute melody repeated over & over with no changes, Just being honest, please dont consider it hate. Keep working and shit will make sense.

Here is my latest work.

http://soundcloud.com/medl4/harvest-season
Hey thanks bro! I did a quick mix on it, on my lunch break, so didnt get enough time to mix it just right. But thanks though bro, sounds like you have a trained ear!

Hey Medl4, thanks for your feedback! always appreciated and never taken as hate! Thats why I put it up!

Like your direction in some of your music on your page, but not feelin yours as well. Its nothing personal either, just sounds like alot of sampled loops with sum movie sampling over it...same repetition.

But again, thanks for the feedback!! Positive or negative, it's feedback!

toryhooks

Battle Points: 122
Hey Medl4, thanks for your feedback! always appreciated and never taken as hate! Thats why I put it up!

Like your direction in some of your music on your page, but not feelin yours as well. Its nothing personal either, just sounds like alot of sampled loops with sum movie sampling over it...same repetition.

But again, thanks for the feedback!! Positive or negative, it's feedback!
Totally agree!

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
LP - feelin the vibe, maybe the chops could smooth out and not jump around as much in the verses to leave room for vocals?? but thats just a suggestion, dont know if that would actually improve it either. nice work man, nice soulful vibe.

toryhooks - really diggin the drums, sound dope. listening with headphones so not sure about the levels, but dunno if the bass could maybe bump a bit more? nice joint man, drums have seriously got my head nodding.

dontchaloveit - i like the reverb on the claps, fills space in the track nicely. like someone said, with a one instrument loop, sometimes you need a bit more variation or put something else in with it. saying that i dont know how it would sound with an emcee on, could work well.

medl4 - dope. nothing else to say. haha like what you did at the end too.

lil dude, compromise - mate put a singer on this and this could go straight on the radio. really good work man, sounds clean and professional and like i say, would not sound out of place at all if it came on if i was driving around or something!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online