Showcase - January 12-14, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@ ironkeys- i like the hat and kick wasnt feeling the clap too much , sounds are sick, i like when the synth comes in or whatever sounds dope, has a nice bounce to it, dope man.

heres mine....

i know the drum loop is recorgnizable i dont care i made it that way on purpose my aim isnt to always disect stuff, but to have a dope end result wether its chopping up to microscopic size or straight up using 4 bar sampled loops, anyways i made this in about 20 mins with some loops, its all loops only thing i did was time stretch to my tempo, clone to fade some in and out, and added some eqing to the drum loop, the sample is raw didnt tweak at all, anyways let me know how u like it, not if u heard it before....

http://soundcloud.com/just_ripe/loop-digga

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yeah, I'm feeling to give the clap a more of a Dre/Khalil snap and splash... How you think about that?

loop-digga; not much to say about this other than sounds real nice, I feel it. Wondering if you could add a little more snap to the snare, or raise it's volume, only a tad though!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I agree with both assessments here...

@JR - I think the volume of the snare is OK, I just think some EQ'ing on the high end would give them more presence and a touch more snap. Just a touch, not very much.

@IK - I'm one of the few here that do like claps but I think I would have switched up from claps to snares just to break it up a touch. Maybe use claps in the change up and snares throughout the body. Or layer it and have both or you idea is a good idea as well.

Both beats are dope though, very nice melodies and structure on both. Overall, good work on both.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
@ dacalion and iron keys, thanks but its just a drum loop i didnt chop it at all so i cant really eq the snare alone, kinda wana just leave it all loops on that one, but maybe ill cut the snare out and layer it idk thoughhh, thanks for the feedback though

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
You could always layer a snare under(or over Ha) the track, n just increase it gently enough to give it a little more presence. Would there be vocals over this? As the snare may fall victim once it's on top. Nice work and samples though.

Dac - Much love for the feedback

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
not sure still waiting on replies from a few mc's, but i think ill try it i may just increase the low on the drum loop itself and make the snare less crisp and the kick a lil more deep,so when i layer the new snare it wont be too much, then ill layer the snare with the same snare from the original drum loop but just eq it give it a lil more BAP

Muszolini

I like beats.
Battle Points: 76
Iron Keys - hats are serious, like u said maybe a more snappy clap or snare..

JustRipe - that high swing noise, gives it a buzz, love that shit. maybe a ripple effect in the middle of that beat. good shiz

Men10 - beat is nice, i actually like it more when the switch came, make you wanna spit your hart into that. not feeling that hat tho, just feels a bit unworthy with the other sounds.

im on demo fl

https://www.illmuzik.com/artists/?muszolini

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
@LP. I'm feelin the last two a lot. Solid tracks but they need bass. Either a bass guitar or atleast some 808's. It feels like its missing something right now.

LP*

ILLIEN
@Someguy thanks man, appreciate the feedback. i tried just using a low pass filter instead of composing the bass, guess i didn't get it right lol.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
JR the beat is nice I love the sample. And the drums go well with it. A mean ass bassline would take that beat to the next level tho. Gotta put a mean bass on that. One note during the verse then get lose during the change ups. Would be dope IMO.

i would but i suck at creating basslines i have no idea how to get the sound of the bass to not sound muddy everytime i filter it out and try to beef it up or mix it or somethin its always muddy i have to practice some

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
iron keys - with the right eqing/compression this will be tight. sounds good already.

just ripe - nice slurry sound, i like the muddieness of this. i think the part outside of the hook sounds a bit boring, this could be different with a rapper on it though. the hook is great, i'd use it more throughout the beat, maybe with some filtering applied.

men10 - very clean mix, no complaints, good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.