Showcase - January 18-24, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip G

Nzyte
Another beat and freestyle song, let me know what I can do to level up my game... much love to you all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
@The Thrillz - this is so smooth! the instruments blend perfect together... give me 80's vibes, this would be some good RnB... Chris Brown would be dope...or Rick Ross talking some expensive shit... really enjoyed this one!

@Crispifier - this is nice...makes me think of timbo... the arrangement is perfect and the effects of the breathe give the track a open space... great job on this

stcbeats

Stcbeats
Battle Points: 38
Another beat and freestyle song, let me know what I can do to level up my game... much love to you all!

@The Thrillz - this is so smooth! the instruments blend perfect together... give me 80's vibes, this would be some good RnB... Chris Brown would be dope...or Rick Ross talking some expensive shit... really enjoyed this one!

@Crispifier - this is nice...makes me think of timbo... the arrangement is perfect and the effects of the breathe give the track a open space... great job on this

sounds good clean mix on your vocals. I like this clean and simple. good stuff.

NANI beats

@The Thrillz m taking a dump while listening to this its perfect rly gets me in a chill mood hahah mix is damn solid very nice use of subtle keys and such like the jazzy trumpet too yeah its rly good m8 cant say much more

Heres mine for the week been experimentinf with drill/trap and 808 bends

Dop beat~ Bass is really impressed~!

NANI beats

Wow Nice rap and this gives me really dope vibe. Piano melody is so good and smooth.

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1

like the mix..

@Crispifier didnt take you long, with the right sounds you are a beast. Sounds on point. My only criticism is some of the glitch parts, something doesnt sound quite right.

@The Thrillz damn this is smooth as hell. Great beat.

@XIS This is really dope. I wouldnt mind remixing that vocal. Dope as fuck. I assume thats you rapping?

@stcbeats This is really dope, I love the whole atmosphere of it. Dark as I like it.

@jafar4000 instead of forcing yourself to make a beat a day, spend a while on a beat, take as long as it takes to finish it. On all three of the beats you have posted they all sound like two songs in different keys playing at the same time. Very disjointed and not pleasing to listen to if Im brutally honest. You need to work on tuning your ears for the key of a track. Find the root key, then the chord progressions, then that is your playground to work within.

@NANI beats sounds like decent balance between kick and 808 on this one, the 808 could use some compression, it has some notes(the higher octave) that come out louder than others and some compression on it will even it out. Also do you use side chained compression on the 808, triggered by the kick drum? That will help duck the 808 when the kick hits so you can maximise the volume of both without it getting all muddy or over peaking, even better, sidechained dynamic eq does the same job but is more precise and allows the higher frequency dirt of the 808 to stay without being ducked with the low frequencies where the kick sits.

@kobu this is really dope, really nice sampling skills. The vocals really do the beat justice.

This is one of the highest quality showcases Ive ever heard. Really dope tracks. Except for jafar(must have been a bad weed day or something, I dont know)

Last edited:

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@XIS Thx m8
@NANI beats appriciate it bruh
@2GooD Productions ty m8 i've been taking all feedback to heart and trying new things, appriciate it ^_^

@NANI beats yeah this is nice and remniscent i really like the percussion could do with some work on the mixing side of things think @2GooD Productions got you covered there tho m8 compositon is great too

@XIS i like how the snare hits late gives the beat some real groove, nice vocals only problem is that they dont mix all that well with the beat but its nothing some eq and compression couldnt fix as a demo this is lit

@jafar4000 this is too chaotic, the trick with making over the top beats with lots of elements is knowing what your doing music theory and mix wise, i would suggest starting simple before attempting this style, just find a kick and snare/clap you like and lay down some chords/premade progression and add a simple melody, then work on adding "color" through effects etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online