Showcase - January 25-31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip G

Nzyte
ok, I admit I enjoy struggle singing...lol... I tried my hand at some RnB this time please leave any input as I am working on the craft of songwriting for fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loving this community... my brothers in beats lol!

They close the last showcase but here are some reviews

@stcbeats - (Nothing left) got that horror vibe going... sounds like 21 savage... I'm digging the hihat work on this... only thing I would add is a small switch up, like changing the pluck instrument to a new sound for a sec... my 2 cents but good work

@jafar4000 - (Drug postcode) love the textures and boom bap drums... do you have any artists you work with? the more I listen to your tracks the more I can picture it with an artist that can make it their signature sound. we need a new MF Doom! (RIP)

(Big Fish) - can hear Ghostface on something like this... grimey street record... or maybe a Griselda record would be dope

@NANI beats - very emotional track... It's dark but has a peaceful vibe to it... for some reason I think of Asap Rocky on this track... would love to hear maybe one more chorus instrument to lift where the hook would go

@kobu - I love this as soon as it dropped... this is soooo hip hop, like the stuff I feel in love with.... then Rah dropped in and blew my mind... Loving this dream cypher!

@2GooD Productions - yup that's me on the vocals of my tracks... I'm working on my flows and working with topics... please give any input you find helpful

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@XIS i like that phaser intro! (on on the synth) :D honestly its the same as last week: comp is good vocals need to sit better with the beat, u could try adding a little more verb on them? thats the only criticism (well the piano could be a tad louder cuz its rly cool when it comes in) u rly have talent m8 keep up the hard work

i actually have two this week hahah any feedback is appriciated :D

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@XIS Great job brotha! Love the energy of the song! I really like the subtle piano. Only feedback is there is something about the vocal processing that seems a little off. eq might be the solution. Also, really good lyrics bro!

@Crispifier Love the melodies and ambient sounds used on 'simplicity'. And 'hidden power' is really clean! You have some awesome variety in your music. Awesome job man!

This is song I made from a hamilton quintet sample with some Aretha Franklin acapella bits thrown in for flavor. All feedback is much appreciated! Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@XIS : Good song and production overall. Like Crispifier was saying, I would just focus on blending the vocals with the rest of the track more. The vocals sound pretty dry and upfront to me in comparison to the rest of the tracks. The vocals should sound upfront but they stick out just a little too much in comparison with the rest of the track.

@Crispifier : I really like the Simplicity beat, it was mixed very well and I like how the synths and sample fit so well with each other. I thought the Hidden Power beat was also good, especially how you programmed the 808s. I thought the opening synth could be EQ'd more so that the mid to high frequency range was attenuated a little on the synth. I thought that part of its frequency spectrum was a little overpowering.

@Rah.sool : I like the drum break that you used for this, it gives the beat a very cool boom bap feel to it. The scratches are also pretty cool. Reminds me of some early to mid 90s hip hop tracks. I also thought how you sampled the Aretha Franklin snippets was very creative. Great job

Here is my beat for this week. I wrote and played the guitars on this.

Last edited:

The Thrillz

www.thethrillz.com
@Rah.sool Pretty dope beat I like the sample work. Those drums sound really nice and work perfectly with the sample. Only thing I missing is a bassline everything else is on point!

@Crispifier I really like the "Simplicty" beat. The sound selection is pretty solid and the melody is simple but effective. I don't have anything negative to say about it.

Flip G

Nzyte
@Crispifier - (Simplicity) I really like the ethnic plucks and vocals.... this made me think of Big Sean on this because it sound kind of motivational... love the ambience too... nice job

(Hidden Power) - this has a strong edm feel... something like a wiz or juicy j could make this into an anthem... arrangement is dope with the little chops and edits...I like this

@Rah.sool - I feeling the boom bap sounds with that vocal sample.... they are basically made for each other... the scratches are sick and always a welcome sound on hip hop beats... overall a very nice mash up blend!

@Chad - this sounds to me like a mashup of lofi and trap... good job playing the guitar, I know it is hard to hit those chords... I would stretch timing to make it perfect tho... the string build and the 2nd section are nice touches to the arrangement... good job

@The Thrillz - your use of effects is dope, it gives the sounds character.... the melody super dope and the drums smack... excellent track!

Finished this one a couple days ago...

@XIS This is really good, I think the drums could bang a bit more, the hat and snare are right up front, take them down a little and bring the rest up, Im sure you can squeeze some more low end out of that kick, bring it right up front. Otherwise everything is great, really original, I like that.

@Crispifier Simplicity. Really nice instruments and really nice vibe to the instrumental. I could chillout to that.
Hidden Power. Starts out sounding like some europop and Im like okay, then it drops nicely. Nice structure, everything about it sounds good to me.

@Rah.sool This is giving me Biggie vibes, he would have murdered this. Nice oldskool feel to it

@Chad My first thought with this is ditch that bass and change it for another rounder and smoother one. This has a nice feel to it that that bass ruins IMO. Has real neo soul vibe to it.

@The Thrillz This is a well made trap beat, its all done very well, maybe a little too well, what I mean is that it fits the trap template perfectly, it seems to have a template structure, everything happens when you expect it to if that makes any sense. I would throw in a couple curveballs in there, things that when added just change it up a bit, if only for a short part here and there. Something to set it apart from the other trap beats. Doing unexpected things keeps it interesting.

Last edited:

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Chad awesome job! Really digging the guitar melodies. Live instrumentation is always difficult so it's awesome you were able to get that done. The only feedback I have is their seems to be some timing issues on the guitar. But those minor off timings humanize the track, so it depends what you're going for. Solid work man!

@The Thrillz Ridiculous man! Mix is clean and professional as always. 808 slides are very nice. I like that EQ fade in at 1:09

@2GooD Productions Too clean bro. Another extremely professional sounding mix. So many different layers and melodies/counter melodies at play. Fantastic work man!

I had to reupload my song because @The Thrillz pointed out that I was missing a bassline. Haha don't know how I missed that. Here is the fixed version with a bassline and some mix changes.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
rly good stuff guys i enjoyed every beat i've heard so far this showcase! ^^ (i can't always say that hahah)

@Rah.sool i rly like the traditional sound of this, scratches, laxed vibe, nice sample work with Aretha. yeah just rly nicley put together. Reminds me a little of souls of mischief (get a 93 til infinity kind of vibe from this )

@Chad i like the psychadelic edge to your music, its like dmt in music form i guess, hahah, i actually quite like the bass cuz it fits with the sort of offbeat vibe you got going nice playing too, dunno get a Mac Miller sort of feel from this

@The Thrillz yeah productions values are high AF its all just rly rly solid, very by the book but there aint nothing wrong with that imho when its this good. Payed notice to what you did with the 808 as i'm trying to get better at using them

@2GooD Productions i always look forward to your stuff m8 cuz i know the composition wont be samey, you've definitly inspired a lot of how i approach beatmaking, lots of hooks and switch ups which keeps it fresh for the listener and then you just get a nice surpise when in naturally flows into another part, so yeah solid stuff! cool to hear you branching out into trap but still keeping all those awesome melodic elements

jafar4000

Battle Points: 3
Nothing here yet.
Nothing here yet.

Yeah, I got 6 more! That's a beat a day if you like having a day off ;)

Thanks for always getting down with constructive criticisms, positive feedback and all the rest!
Peace.

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 104
@XIS i like that phaser intro! (on on the synth) :D honestly its the same as last week: comp is good vocals need to sit better with the beat, u could try adding a little more verb on them? thats the only criticism (well the piano could be a tad louder cuz its rly cool when it comes in) u rly have talent m8 keep up the hard work

DOPE LOFI. Mixed very well

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Finished this one a couple days ago...

@XIS This is really good, I think the drums could bang a bit more, the hat and snare are right up front, take them down a little and bring the rest up, Im sure you can squeeze some more low end out of that kick, bring it right up front. Otherwise everything is great, really original, I like that.

@Crispifier Simplicity. Really nice instruments and really nice vibe to the instrumental. I could chillout to that.
Hidden Power. Starts out sounding like some europop and Im like okay, then it drops nicely. Nice structure, everything about it sounds good to me.

@Rah.sool This is giving me Biggie vibes, he would have murdered this. Nice oldskool feel to it

@Chad My first thought with this is ditch that bass and change it for another rounder and smoother one. This has a nice feel to it that that bass ruins IMO. Has real neo soul vibe to it.

@The Thrillz This is a well made trap beat, its all done very well, maybe a little too well, what I mean is that it fits the trap template perfectly, it seems to have a template structure, everything happens when you expect it to if that makes any sense. I would throw in a couple curveballs in there, things that when added just change it up a bit, if only for a short part here and there. Something to set it apart from the other trap beats. Doing unexpected things keeps it interesting.

BEAT WOULD EXPLODE IF U BRING SOME MORE PUNCH TO THE DRUMS AND BASS
BUT OTHER THAN THAT, ITS SOLIDIFIED PLATINUM

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Nothing here yet.
Nothing here yet.

Yeah, I got 6 more! That's a beat a day if you like having a day off ;)

Thanks for always getting down with constructive criticisms, positive feedback and all the rest!
Peace.

DILLA AND DOOM WOULD BE HONORED AND PROUD OF THIS PIECE

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
@XIS : Good song and production overall. Like Crispifier was saying, I would just focus on blending the vocals with the rest of the track more. The vocals sound pretty dry and upfront to me in comparison to the rest of the tracks. The vocals should sound upfront but they stick out just a little too much in comparison with the rest of the track.

@Crispifier : I really like the Simplicity beat, it was mixed very well and I like how the synths and sample fit so well with each other. I thought the Hidden Power beat was also good, especially how you programmed the 808s. I thought the opening synth could be EQ'd more so that the mid to high frequency range was attenuated a little on the synth. I thought that part of its frequency spectrum was a little overpowering.

@Rah.sool : I like the drum break that you used for this, it gives the beat a very cool boom bap feel to it. The scratches are also pretty cool. Reminds me of some early to mid 90s hip hop tracks. I also thought how you sampled the Aretha Franklin snippets was very creative. Great job

Here is my beat for this week. I wrote and played the guitars on this.

3 A..M. VIBE OUT ON THE HIGHWAY FEEL. KUDOS!!! THE GUITAR IS HYPNOTISING

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
@Chad awesome job! Really digging the guitar melodies. Live instrumentation is always difficult so it's awesome you were able to get that done. The only feedback I have is their seems to be some timing issues on the guitar. But those minor off timings humanize the track, so it depends what you're going for. Solid work man!

@The Thrillz Ridiculous man! Mix is clean and professional as always. 808 slides are very nice. I like that EQ fade in at 1:09

@2GooD Productions Too clean bro. Another extremely professional sounding mix. So many different layers and melodies/counter melodies at play. Fantastic work man!

I had to reupload my song because @The Thrillz pointed out that I was missing a bassline. Haha don't know how I missed that. Here is the fixed version with a bassline and some mix changes.

drums and sample so crisp and clear!!! I love it.

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR

engineering could not get any better. I def got to step my mix game up. FIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.