Showcase - January 7-9, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
2good, I am always a big fan of what you do. I really like smoking kills, the only thing I would say is that I am not sure about that first sound you are using, but it works later in the track.

Infiltrate sounds great as well, not sure if I am missing it but it seams like the song structure is a little off but that should be an easy fix. Nice work on both of these!

ok here is another one I am working on for that scoring project. Its my first huge orchestral score. Obviously no sampling, please listen all the way through as it changes dramatically throughout the song. Let me know what you think,. Thanks!

http://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/a-hero-must-endure

DP. I think that is really good. My only critique would be the dynamics. From sampling this type of music and seeing the waveforms, I dont think the track is dynamic enough. Its seems to be a fairly level volume throughout. I have found on this type of music although like always there are no rules, just saying what I see. And what I see is lower volume string sections that build up into the big strings which have more impact due to the low to high dynamic. All that aside, that doesnt really matter anyway, I still think its really good. Not hip hop ;) but really good for what it aims to be.
Where are those strings from, i really like the sound of them.

RCbeats

2good- smoking kills, I really like the way the beat flows. The drums are pretty sick, the snare hits hard. Maybe a nice drum break in there would sound nice. Infiltrate, again i like the drums alot. But the instruments just sound very bland to me. Not a huge fan of this track.

dreampolice- pretty epic score there man. U can never go wrong with some string ballads in hip hop. overall good job.

This is my first track that i will post on illmuzik. This is actually my first track that I have even let other people hear. Always been a little sensative about my music but im finally ready to share my stuff.

This is called the Burglar.http://soundcloud.com/robc88/the-burglar

BrianBeatz

Battle Points: 1
yo RCbeat I feel you on the whole being sensitive about your music i was too for a long time especially coming from a group of friends who actually new how to play musical instruments. But your beat is hot the only thing I would do tho is change up the drum pattern at some point. but the i love the feel of tho gives me a ole school hip hop kinda vibe. Keep it up Good job

This is also my first showcase it's called Satisfied

http://soundcloud.com/brian-t-white/satisfied

Valmont

Battle Points: 2
2G - "Smoking Kills": I like this beat.. you did something with the snare, I feel like there's not enough hi-end on it. This beat has such a cool noir feel to it though.
dreampolice - "A Hero Must Endure": Good and I would only echo 2G's comments about volumes.
RC - "The burglar": Hey man thanks for posting. I feel this beat needs one more thing added to it. Like it's good but there needs to be another point of interest in there (i.e. more percussive/FX elements or another instrument). I would say it's unfinished, but the elements you have thus far sound really good together.

Muszolini

I like beats.
Battle Points: 76
2GooD Productions

Smoking Kills - i would love to hear some type of drum roll drop on this beat, its mad heartless.

Infiltrate - i like this also, but that little melody doesnt really go harder than the rest of your sounds and drums.
im getting into your style.

thedreampolice.

A Hero Must Endure - this is epic, i can see any modern or an old legend heros behind this for a movie. fng crazy, i have no input but good work!

RCbeats.

The burglar - the only thing i can criticise on this is the intro. maybe your working on that. but when it hit 1:30, i max out my volume, that was a swift POW!!

Da Prophet.

Satisfied - i like the rhythm, i would love to hear a bass melody follwing the sound, other than that good work.

Chisel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Comments...

2GooD Productions -

Smoking Kills: I was ready to make a comment of how the keys you used in the intro sound completely out of place with the rest of the beat until I heard that amazing piano! If you replaced the intro keys with that piano, this beat would get an A+ from me.

Infiltrate: This beat hits hard!! Love them drums! The synth is too weak though. You need a synth with a bit more aggression to go with the theme. The melody is okay, just needs a harder synth.

thedreampolice - Beautiful score! I'd increase the volume of the drums, especially during the intro. It gets hidden behind the other instruments. I think bringing the drums forward in the mix would really make this piece sound even more epic. Overall, outstanding work!

RCBeats - Thanks for sharing your beat! I enjoyed listening to it. It got my head noddin' That's always a good thing. It does get a bit repetitive, but I like the overall sound. Just add more elements and some change-ups and you're good to go! Look forward to hearing more from you!

Da Prophet - Cool flip. Nice drums. I'd try loosening up that beat a bit. It sounds a bit stiff, especially in those drum rolls.

Alright folks, here's my entry. It's not my typical style, but it does start with a faux-sample. It's 100% composed. Hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it. Welcome to 2012...

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
2Good; Infiltrate is hard as fuck. I like the hook synth. The one that comes after the high pitch one.

Chisel: Sick southern track. Good job.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
2good- for what its worth, great compo on both tracks but lots of stuff you cant hear atm :(

dp - well..cant bitch on the compo but the im missing the 1st violin. Adding it should give you some more depth as the strings dont have to take most of the score anymore. There some good parts where the strings are brought upfront, imo, those should be 1st violin backed with strings used a bit more modestly.

RC - intro doesnt really match, bass out of propertions when its there.

Prophet - sometimes i wish i could make beats like that and still enjoy making them :)

Chisel - i lol'd, not my thing either but i bet you destroyed a soul somewhere on this planet.
on a note though, if you cant get the first 2 sampled bits to sound like they came from the same record, you can fuck both up equaly using a cabinet modeling (for example).

sophia - i was expecting a sample from queen lol. A bit to much of the same sample and what? engine did you use. The artifacts appearing when stretching samples sound horrible.

Decided ill up some work in progress for once :)
https://www.illmuzik.com/artists/?formant024

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
OMG! Formant gives feedback AND posts a beat, yup, the end of mankind is near! lol, j/k I think it's great that you provided some feedback...this is good cuz I'm convinced you know your ish! on a sidenote, I thought you were into trance.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
@Formant024 what do you mean by that?

That theres room for improvement but you're not being aware of it, i could say your track was a bit basic so i just assume you're still learning. So i wont judge the track that much because i think in time you'll do alright :)

@dac; You mean my tiesto alterego ??? lol
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=569980

Status
Not open for further replies.