Showcase - July 17-23, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Marc Duncan - The beat has good deal of energy in it. I feel what you're going for my drums could be crispier for better effect imo. The arrangement is good, keeps the vibe fresh. I like the percussion you've used. Nice one.

Logic x Busdriver

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@EsquireMusic111 Doesn't really remind me of Dr. Dre, but it's nice (both the composition and the attempt to get views by naming it after that show about him) There are some fine touches (all the background instruments and panning are a highlight) and I really appreciate it overall. I wish I could think of something bad to say about it.

@Mycelial_Cords This one didn't really grab me much. It sounds more like stock background music for some kind of commentary than a backdrop for a rap (I must admit that I've never listened to the two artists mentioned in the video title). The synths are good, but I'm not into that melody.

@Klypse That's a good sample and you flipped it well, but the male vocals at 0:24 and throughout the track need to go - they get off-key and not worth timestretching in my opinion. That bass is also offkey at some early bits, but it gets great at the middle of the track until the last portion. Let me give some proper examples: the bass note at 0:33 that gets repeated a few times should be pitched a semitone lower whenever it appears (towards the middle and near the end). The rest is alright.

@O'neil May I suggest chopping instead of looping? I think it would make this piano melody even better. Besides that, the most glaring issue I see is the (overly loud) tambourine - it's impossible to make it sound good if you're only sampling a single hit because that's not how a real tambourine sounds when you shake it repeatedly - it actually "emits" a different sound after that one hit and it goes like that in pairs. That other sound resembles the initial hit, but reversed, although it's not exactly that. Anyway, for the tambourine I suggest finding a loop (I can give you one if you PM me). and for the sample I recommend adding some chops.

Got another blend (the vocal samples in between verses are a placeholder):
Mirror if SoundCloud doesn't work: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-TH1nCc78fQX0xTTG12ay03c1E

You can check out my SoundCloud and YouTube pages in the signature and subscribe for more blends to follow. I've redone the mix on my first blend and updated it there.

EDIT: finished version at

Last edited:

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@EsquireMusic111 I am really feeling the vibe of this beat and the mix is solid. I really liked how you kept it simple and clean it makes the beat much more effective.
@Mycelial_Cords I like the melody to this beat sounds good. I think the drums could be eq'd some imo but still good.
@Klypse great sample choice!! love the way the beat flows and how the drums blend.
@O'neil I like this one a lot. I would love to hear a combination of singer and emcee on this track, that would make a great song!!
@Drago Zetić good hip hop beat!! I just wish you would have did something else with the drums, I get that style but I just like the drums to be more in your face.

Here is a beat from a free beat cd i'm going to put out

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
@Marc Duncan This beat is dope. Just like @EsquireMusic111 said, those 808 are banging
@EsquireMusic111 This track those has a Dre feeling to it, but I think you should turn up the base just a tad more
@Mycelial_Cords The drums are great, but the melody needs some work. The song doesn't feel complete for some reason
@Drago Zetić For some reason, I can't get on your soundcloud and listen to it, but if I can I will give you feedback
@Matt-D That flip is dope mang. The drums can be a tad bit louder and less reverb but other than that. This is sauce..

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
@Marc Duncan yo this ones fire prob one of the best ive heard of yours nice work.
@EsquireMusic111 I think if you really want that Dre sound you need some live drum samples. needs more low end IMO
@Mycelial_Cords pretty cool old school vibe
@Klypse Dope really feel this
@Matt-D Think the drums could use some parallel compression to thicken them up and bring them forward dope tho
@Drago Zetić Nice over all sounds a little bright IMO

S3oulC1ty

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 351
@Marc Duncan pretty clean, like how you control the sub to not make it overbearing, also like the reverse effect.
@EsquireMusic111 love how everything sounds so alive; all the instruments have a presence, also like how there's very little sub but just enough to hear it
@Mycelial_Cords don't really have anything to complain about, only thing I would say is to adjust the bass a little bit, the highest note dominates the other instruments
@Drago Zetić unfortunately I couldn't play either links
@Matt-D beautiful vibes, great decision on chops and reorganization, drum pattern blends very well, bravo!
@Klypse definitely clean quality sounds/ instruments and chops, applauding your mix
@tomkillsjerry yo that kick is forever jabbing me in the face! ( in a good way)

#bringbackthesoul

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online