Showcase - July 31 - August 2, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Thamks Gustto, just trying a little something different. With the theme, I thought I'd let the bassline be the melody in this one.

aBeatBaker

ill o.g.
yo! haven't been on here in a bit. getting it all together though
@dacalion Yo those sound clips got me in the mood right now! Nice scratching and the drums are tight. mellow jam, i dig.

@mg I always love your drum sound, so raw but flawless every time. nice vocal samples and the bass is sick too, is that real?

here's what i've been up to http://soundcloud.com/abeatbaker/zzxzx/

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dacalion - Man, this is sick! Love this right here.

aBeatBaker - This is some tripped out stuff here. I like it. Weird.

Here's one of two beats i made over the weekend. Peace and Blessings.

Stevie Wonder
http://snd.sc/pZ3vzy

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@ beatbaker- thanks man, and yeah i sampled that bass and filtered it...
i love your beat its real abstract and chill atg the same time i was waiting for some heavier drums to kick in...but still had my head noddin, dope

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Dac-SICK...NUFF SAID

Gusto-Hotness

aBB-it's cool...I can't get into the abstract thing much...but it's cool

Ruimixx-I'd like to hear this at a little faster tempo. It's pretty tight though...

Justripe-Bring that sample up in the midrange department. It's muffled and should be tweak. Drums bang!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@JustRipe - really digging this liad back feel...can't help but to bop your head to this joint. Great work!

@beatbaker - ah man I luv that guitar, sounds like some western cowboy ish...hahaha superdope!

@Rumixx - Stevie II is like whoa! Very clean sound, drums bang! dope bruh!

@CarterNash - For a beat thats fairly simple, nothing really complex going on...you did a damn good job, This could go really hard with a dope emcee on it. Great sound quality too! Great work...and Yeah thats me on the wheels.

CarterNash

ill o.g.
Dacalion , whats your rig for scratching like? I used to scratch hard way back when with the chrome plated 12's. Nowadays everybody has Serato and Dj controllers and shit.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
Justripe-Bring that sample up in the midrange department. It's muffled and should be tweak. Drums bang!

i get what your sayin but i was tryna keep the sample low so it would have my own feel to it i did a bunch of wierd shit to get it to sound like that it sounded way different, i guess what im tryna say is i was tryna take away from the original and give it my own feel...if that makes sense but i know what u mean with the bass and all it gets a lil muffled cuz the samples are lower then they sound like they should be.. thanks for the constructive feedback by the way, always helps yo..

@carternash thanks, and about your beat...not really my kinda ish id listen too, but on a skill point of view, the sounds are clear as crystal, u got it down lil wayne music style for sure lol. keep it up yo

CarterNash

ill o.g.
tknk - That shit was ridiculous. around 1:11 you have a vocal/choir sample that comes in hot. Take that shit down -3 or something, and that shit is perfect. Really feeling the background pianos

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Status
Not open for further replies.