Showcase - June 16-18, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Me Likey! It sounds like something 50 cent would try to resurrect himself on via mixtape...The only thing I would say about it is that the bass line...the way it turns around is good now but I hear another note at the end that would make it super funky

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
LouBez: Thanks for the feedback, bro - real appreciated! Love

420: I love the choice of sample, I can really imagine some certain kinda rap over this, can't put any names right now, but i certainly feel this one. Only suggestions would be, the low/low-mid sounds a little muddy, perhaps that could be tightened up? And this may just be a pet peeve, but the intro is a little long-ish for my liking... but that's just me at the moment, so I wouldn't worry too much about that!

Also, thanks for the feedback, I love the little bit at 41 secs too.

Gussto: Thansk for the feedback, really appreciated.
sagaramz - really love the bounce this one has! I reckon it'd sound even sicker if the snare was a little more snappier/poppier, it sounds a little thin right now. but still, tight.
" with vocals - sounds tight with vocals, but they may need to be a little louder? just a tad... or just mixed in better, they're clear, but feel a little to the back. nice tho, mayn.
---
love

~Iron Keys

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
LouBez: Thanks for the feedback, bro - real appreciated! Love

420: I love the choice of sample, I can really imagine some certain kinda rap over this, can't put any names right now, but i certainly feel this one. Only suggestions would be, the low/low-mid sounds a little muddy, perhaps that could be tightened up? And this may just be a pet peeve, but the intro is a little long-ish for my liking... but that's just me at the moment, so I wouldn't worry too much about that!

Also, thanks for the feedback, I love the little bit at 41 secs too.

sagaramz - really love the bounce this one has! I reckon it'd sound even sicker if the snare was a little more snappier/poppier, it sounds a little thin right now. but still, tight.
" with vocals - sounds tight with vocals, but they may need to be a little louder? just a tad... or just mixed in better, they're clear, but feel a little to the back. nice tho, mayn.
---
love

~Iron Keys

Thanks and yeah the low end isnt really mixed or filtered so well lol and im not feelin my intro as much either i dont think its too long, just not ill soundin lol, appreciate the feedback tho, i was starting to think the showcase thread was dyin down lately lol

Swift

Swift Flow
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
---
love

~Iron Keys

Good looking out on the feedback i had the snare low on accident so i turned that up and the vocals too...

Let me know how it sounds now.

http://soundcloud.com/gusto1/gustobeats-sagaramz

http://soundcloud.com/gusto1/gustobeats-sagaramz-rakim

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Good looking out on the feedback i had the snare low on accident so i turned that up and the vocals too...

Let me know how it sounds now.

http://soundcloud.com/gusto1/gustobeats-sagaramz

http://soundcloud.com/gusto1/gustobeats-sagaramz-rakim

Yeahhh, maynnn. Dat's what I'm talking about. Delicious. Like listening to this! Nice work, bredrin.

Thanks and yeah the low end isnt really mixed or filtered so well lol and im not feelin my intro as much either i dont think its too long, just not ill soundin lol, appreciate the feedback tho, i was starting to think the showcase thread was dyin down lately lol

It's cool, it might be the 150-500hz area, I'm not sure tho... just a guess.

And yeah, I was thinking the same... I hope it can stay live, I value the opinions here... I notice most people here are on some real shit, on some traditional hip-hop, all the samples n ting... I love that shit, but I make more of a composed ting... so it's good to get people's views on it... I like to try and stay authentic.

---

Immense Love

~Iron Keys

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
Yeahhh, maynnn. Dat's what I'm talking about. Delicious. Like listening to this! Nice work, bredrin.

It's cool, it might be the 150-500hz area, I'm not sure tho... just a guess.

And yeah, I was thinking the same... I hope it can stay live, I value the opinions here... I notice most people here are on some real shit, on some traditional hip-hop, all the samples n ting... I love that shit, but I make more of a composed ting... so it's good to get people's views on it... I like to try and stay authentic.

---

Immense Love

~Iron Keys
True yeah thats wht i love anout this site it doesnt matter what kinda beats your makin as long as they sound sick and are hiphop, and not alot of people are ona new times club bangging tip they just do whats natural, so its like music never really heard before sometimes

Got a composed battle beat....
https://www.illmuzik.com/profile/page/?username=2good-productions&music&music_id=1561
And a sampled flippage of Peter Gabriels - Games Without Frontiers...
https://www.illmuzik.com/profile/page/?username=2good-productions&music&music_id=1560

Feedback.

Iron Keys. I like this, good composition, and nice variation. Its a bit short tho, thats my only criticism.

Just Ripe aka Mr Banana(I watched the beats weekly), lol. At first I didnt like the choppyness or arrangement of the chops but then it sort of just fell into the groove. A nice beat once you get into it, I just found some of the chops a little bit awkward and misplaced.

Gusto. A decent beat it just seems to be lacking something. I think the drums could go harder, or a thicker bassline, it just seems a bit midsy. The snare is a little dry too, maybe put a slight reverb on it or layer another snare on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online