Showcase - June 19-25, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Here's that beat I couldn't export until now:
Nothing here yet.
I'll also let you hear an extended version of my first battle beat because I posted it too late the first time:
Nothing here yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: cto

DamskiDam

@Drago Zetić thorns: Great Beat! You did a Great Job on the drums. Dope when the Organ comes in. The only thing is that i dont really hear a bassline, but that could be my headphones Concept: great strings! I Love them. I didnt like the Beat untill the strings came in when Im honest. Check the kick feels a bit too weak to me.

Check out my latest

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
@DamskiDam The bass in "Thorns" was supposed to be some kind of sub bass, but I messed up and left in a half-assed bassline. It's even worse when the strings kick in because I haven't high-passed them (all my fault for not checking the beat enough and being excited for the battle it was meant for).

Your instrumental has some fine percussion (the claves are a nice touch). The glockenspiel sounding instrument sounds more like someone hitting metal pots, which I personally like because I've never heard anything like that in a trap beat. I think I'd appreciate it even more with somebody rapping to it.

cto

hey!
I learned ableton live with this tune ;)
Check it out:

cheers - theo

Nice Beat, I think some bass and harmoies would help to support the groove
keep it up!
cheers - theo

Nothing here yet.
I'll also let you hear an extended version of my first battle beat because I posted it too late the first time:
Nothing here yet.
this is PHAT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
@cto The composition on this one is simple, even somewhat familiar sounding (some local radio stations I sometimes end up listening often play similar music), but the production values are high. Sounds fit for a singer. The variety of instruments is what makes it really stand out in my opinion.

Joe

Battle Points: 1
Hellz Witchery:Joe Boston

Nothing here yet.

Lesson In Moralz: Joe Boston

hey!
I learned ableton live with this tune ;)
Check it out:

cheers - theo

Nice Beat, I think some bass and harmoies would help to support the groove
keep it up!
cheers - theo

this is PHAT!

The beginning i felt was too simple maybe addition of instruments or chopping up drums wouldve made it stand out. At 224 the transition was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
@Joe
For the first one, I'm not sure where you got the vocals and rich instrumentation from. It could be a sample. The part starting from around 0:45 is the high point of this beat for me. The drums are interesting, unexpectedly "dirty" for this type of song.

The second one ("Lesson In Moralz") was better to me. Some of the chords are actually interesting and unexpected, I like this style, you went pretty wild with the chords. The strings or maybe vocals may be a bit too loud, although it's nothing ear-piercing. You repeated the delayed layering with the drums that you did in the first one, which I didn't particularly care for, but it does add decent variety. The drums are crunchy in a good way. You ended it really well. I'd recommend adding a quick fade out to it.

Joe

Battle Points: 1
Nothing here yet.
Nothing here yet.
Definitely digging the horns in this dope ass transitioning with the sampling went in at 220 man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online