Showcase - March 12-14, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
LP got some ill choppin goin on New Day. The chops is mid-90s RZA, but the drums is more Preme. Even more so on Lone Gun. Those vocals are killin it. Just heard the JustRipe beat on monitors, I like it even more.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Feedback on proper speakers... Ha

Ripe... Drums still dope, nice groove... I feel some frequency in one of the samples too much sound in one frequency (if i had an eq at hand i'd tell you which) but it needs to be pulled down a bit, it's jarring to the ear. I notice it's that same frequency quite often.

Sober - still dope drums, love the groove. I'd say some of the synthy/voicey/guitary things may need a bit of better eqing. but cool stuff.

LP - new day: cool stuff, love the way the samples come and go. Very cool, cool drums. I don't know if there's a certain over 'loudness' of it, or I just have my speakers up loud... I dunno if some of the strings can be eased off on the highs, or just gel things together a bit more. Though sounds good, man.
lp's second track... love this too. Dunno if the bass is a little heavy, but love the vibe and rest of it sounds cool.

JustRipe. This is really dope, I dont think the canibus samples fit in some parts, and as already pointed out the pitch issues are there, if you can fix the pitch issues this is a fucking dope beat.

Soberminded. I like the drum sounds but the pattern could really use some variation, the drum fills are cool, but i feel it needs something more.

LP. New Day. I really like the drums in this, they work really well with the sample, I just feel that some of the chop sequencing is a little bit messy for the sake of variation, i just think that if it wasnt changing so much it would develop a nice groove.

Heres my beat, a rough mix, over compressed I think. But fuck it, best I can do on this piece of shit pc.
"The War Begins" - http://snd.sc/Akpa7b

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
2Good Productions-
I like the suspenseful vibe of your track. Drums knockin, samples on point. Sound like some spittin ish. Good job.

LP*

ILLIEN
@2Good- Nice track, like Iron Keys said it def had that wutang vibe.

Thanks for the feedback people. I appreciate it!

@JusRipe = Sounds like a beat Vinnie Paz would get on. But I agree with the others, needs cleaning up with the pitch and levels get really loud at the end.

@ Sober Minded Music = Different feel and groove. Cool off beat nature. I think the bass could be a tad higher, could be my monitors though. I tend to end up with too much bass. I wish I had a sub hooked up. Cool eerie synths and guitars that come in by the middle. I like the progression of the track. The snare rolls in the break are really cool too. Cheers on a dope beat!

@ Luke Powers = I liked the Lone Gun more than New Day. Just didn't prefer the sample in New Day. But the drums hit nice and the beat is balanced. Just not my type. Lone Gun I liked more. The trumpets or horns are cool to spice it up. The drums roll with it nicely and it has a good boom bap sound.

@ Nobody Else = The bass is Bananas! I love it! The vocals samples are perfect. The "get down" is just enough. Cool velocity changes on the hi hats when they aren't constant. I like that. Really fresh beat. Following you for sure.

Here's a beat I made that is a little different vibe. Wanted to see what you guys think works and what doesn't. Let me know. Thanks.

http://soundcloud.com/user8988974/thats-mean

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@2good- you need to teach me how to get bass like that, so freash, dopest shit, the samples are crazy i love this beat, super clean thos build ups had some wierd sounds but matched the feel so dope, very dope beat deff guna go visit ur SC page a few times a week for that one haha.
@Nobody Else-dam so chill, really like the mix on this like the feel of the bass and drums together is butter to me personally, dope ish man!
@ SMB i think i left a comment on souncloud for ya, dope ish!
@ LP - you know what i think homiee! ill hit up ur SC page later when im not at work i may have already left comments i dont remember lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online