Showcase - March 27 - April 2, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
ME AND A FEW LOCAL PRODUCERS GOT TOGETHER FOR A JAM SESSION...I'M PLAYING DRUMS(WELL TRYING TO PLAY DRUMS..LOL)
WE CALL THIS BEAT "JASMINE". WOULD LIKE TO HEAR EVERYONES OPINIONS...
Nothing here yet.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Marc Duncan : I like the beat, but I do agree with DEEZ BEATZ, the 808 could be mixed better, it's muddying up the beat a bit too much. It also reminds me more of drill than trap The two subgenres overlap a bit, so it could go for a Future type beat. I imagine someone more like Lil Durk, Lil Bibby, or even G Herbo on it though.

@DEEZ BEATZ : That's not just a beat, that's a full-fledged song, dude. Reminds me of some neo- soul music like D'Angelo, or Anthony Hamilton. I like it a lot, especially the piano and organ riffs. You were good on the drums too, it perfectly fit the mood of the song.

Here are a couple that I would like feedback on:

@Marc Duncan : I like the beat, but I do agree with DEEZ BEATZ, the 808 could be mixed better, it's muddying up the beat a bit too much. It also reminds me more of drill than trap The two subgenres overlap a bit, so it could go for a Future type beat. I imagine someone more like Lil Durk, Lil Bibby, or even G Herbo on it though.

@DEEZ BEATZ : That's not just a beat, that's a full-fledged song, dude. Reminds me of some neo- soul music like D'Angelo, or Anthony Hamilton. I like it a lot, especially the piano and organ riffs. You were good on the drums too, it perfectly fit the mood of the song.

@Chad ,thank you for the props bruh, I'm going to listen to your tracks in a minute after I grab breakfast and I will let you know what I think

@Chad "Set It Off 2k17 (La Jefa)" is fire I really, did you use a sample for the vocal sounds? The backing sounds real wavey and nice. The only thing I might be able to say is the mix sounds a bit muddy to me in the low end. Im not really fan of Makes me think (ode to America), personally think the kick is lost in mix and the drum automation could be better. The transition at around 1.01 is cool.
@DEEZ BEATZ I realy like the vibe to Jasmine sounds very soulful and the drums are dope, no real critique just props. I could hear a kendrick or someone of that type on it.
@Marc Duncan Not bad, as others have also said that bass could do with being under a bit more control. I feel the whole thing could do with some better mixing to take it to the next level.
Great work guys, feedback appreciated

@Marc Duncan that melody is super tight lol nice work

@DEEZ BEATZ BRO I HAD TO LIGHT A SQUARE TI THAT, if i wasnt at work id have a drink too, i may be hitting u up in the near future to accompany that work lol 4real tho

@Chad i personally like the beat much better without the vocals just my opinion though

Heres mine, nit super fond of it but i like it
@HouseOfBeets ,thanks bruh, yeah hit me up whenever...yeah i'm more than a beatmaker i produce music. check out my latest r&b mixtape when you get time..
http://www.getrightmusic.com/mixtape/post/various254

Last edited:

@chad,make me think needs a better mixing job on it. the kick drums are clipping and it's making the music waver like in and out everytime the kick drums hit...but set it off is dope, the only thing i would suggest is try tucking the brass horns in the background because they are a little too out front. other than that it's fire bruh..great work

@Marc Duncan that melody is super tight lol nice work

@DEEZ BEATZ BRO I HAD TO LIGHT A SQUARE TI THAT, if i wasnt at work id have a drink too, i may be hitting u up in the near future to accompany that work lol 4real tho

@Chad i personally like the beat much better without the vocals just my opinion though

Heres mine, nit super fond of it but i like it
@HouseOfBeets ,the wall is dope bruh, it's steady and not busy. it's hits hard and it's simple man, you would be suprised how fast the simple beats sell...great work bruh, i like it

@Chad "Set It Off 2k17 (La Jefa)" is fire I really, did you use a sample for the vocal sounds? The backing sounds real wavey and nice. The only thing I might be able to say is the mix sounds a bit muddy to me in the low end. Im not really fan of Makes me think (ode to America), personally think the kick is lost in mix and the drum automation could be better. The transition at around 1.01 is cool.
@DEEZ BEATZ I realy like the vibe to Jasmine sounds very soulful and the drums are dope, no real critique just props. I could hear a kendrick or someone of that type on it.
@Marc Duncan Not bad, as others have also said that bass could do with being under a bit more control. I feel the whole thing could do with some better mixing to take it to the next level.
Great work guys, feedback appreciated

@TC-Beats&Raps , thanks for the props....can you flip it? is dope, that beat brings back memories...great work

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online