Showcase - May 12-18, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20

That beat is dope man...like how your producer name pans from side to side.Also love most of the leads in there,really complex.Im new at this so ill let the other people on here tell you about the technical stuff...but from what I can tell this is really cool man..do you have a sound cloud?

Also check out this video game type beat I did on my SP404...the main sample actually isn't from a game but it really sounds like it to me at least.Here it is,and just to let you know Im a beginner so its not all that great haha!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raninthacut

bcwarlock

Hey everyone this is my lastest beat fresh out the lab. Keep in mind that i started making beats about a year ago and i have no music background at all http://soundcloud.com/ran-in-tha-cut/wit-the-opps-x-raninthacut/s-Fpenx
I love that synth lead...really evil sounding!I don't know much about trap but this sounds nice to me...like I said in a previous post Ill leave the technical stuff to more experienced people bc I don't want to tell you something wrong but I don't honestly think theres anything wrong production wise so good job man!

Check my beat out y'all ....its not really hip hop but I still need all the input i can get so ill post it here...made it as usual on my SP404.

Last edited:

Raninthacut

I love that synth lead...really evil sounding!I don't know much about trap but this sounds nice to me...like I said in a previous post Ill leave the technical stuff to more experienced people bc I don't want to tell you something wrong but I don't honestly think theres anything wrong production wise so good job man!
tbh idk nothing about music at all, i just do what ever sound good at the time.

Check my beat out y'all ....its not really hip hop but I still need all the input i can get so ill post it here...made it as usual on my SP404.

i like the drums and everything, the sounds are on point but I think you played with the filter a lil to much but other than that its really good!

athagreat

Battle Points: 48

I think you should really listen to other beats so you can get more of a feel for how they should string together the filter is a bit much also i can tell where the sample loops at i used to have that problem too but a pair of headphones will easily smooth that out

I think you should really listen to other beats so you can get more of a feel for how they should string together the filter is a bit much also i can tell where the sample loops at i used to have that problem too but a pair of headphones will easily smooth that out
also yes i have a soundcloudbut mos of my projects are on my youtube page but its my name a tha great

Hey everyone this is my lastest beat fresh out the lab. Keep in mind that i started making beats about a year ago and i have no music background at all http://soundcloud.com/ran-in-tha-cut/wit-the-opps-x-raninthacut/s-Fpenx

I like it. its got that spooky feel to it lol made me wanna spit a lil freestyle

Raninthacut

here go an older beat but i think its one of my best, idek how i came up with the leads
its so trippy and the bass is boomin

HzBeast BLG

Battle Points: 1
@athagreat Nice arp, head blowing! Nice transitions with these toms or sumthin. Anyway this beat is flat, needs to be punched. You can try add lil compression and some sidechain stuff on some of melodies and bass.

@bcwarlock This is on fire man. This shaolin kind of shit is perfect for me. Just perfect.. FOR ME.

Yo @Raninthacut these hihats too loud man, I do this mistake somethimes also but its headblowing wrong way. Besides that its another trap beat on known samples but its bangin thats wassup!

@bcwarlock this second beat is really sleepy. Well I dont really know what can you do on this machine you working on but you know you could chop these samples bit more to give a melody your flavor.

@Raninthacut thacut This second beat sounds very nice man. I see you playing with these filters. I would like to have some real knobs to tweak some of that phasers etc. I mean I cna do it manually what I do but its tiring.

Yo check some of my stuff I got some track with my rhymes I made today and nice beat check it out and give me some feedback guys Its nice that we all making music shit is crazy man peace.

bcwarlock

here go an older beat but i think its one of my best, idek how i came up with the leads
its so trippy and the bass is boomin

Love those hi hat patterns and what your doing with the filters coming in and out of the beat!Oh and the bell sounds are cool too!

Yo check some of my stuff I got some track with my rhymes I made today and nice beat check it out and give me some feedback guys Its nice that we all making music shit is crazy man peace.

First beat-Love the rapping(though I don't speak your language)and I like the horn sample in the chorus.
Second beat-like the buildup really creates some tension,but try make the snare punchier to REALLY help with the energy of the beat...just my opinion though.
Grood job overall though!

Also I "fixed" the one beat I did bc I thought the drums were too loud but now I'm not sure its loud enough...any way I moved to a new beat.Heres the one i fixed and the new one:

Also should mention neither of these beats are really hip hop beats...but I still would like some feedback haha:)

Yeah my chopping sucks haha..and I def agree about the filter too..thanks man for the help...im going too look you up on sound cloud in a sec.

i like the drums and everything, the sounds are on point but I think you played with the filter a lil to much but other than that its really good!
Agreed about the filter..its so easy to add effects on this thing and is really tempting...have to how more control in the future though haha!

Fixed the drums on this one too.Made this one a few days ago.This is more of a beat with some ambient parts thrown in and rain...lots of rain:)

W

WHRHFTKS

Love those hi hat patterns and what your doing with the filters coming in and out of the beat!Oh and the bell sounds are cool too!

First beat-Love the rapping(though I don't speak your language)and I like the horn sample in the chorus.
Second beat-like the buildup really creates some tension,but try make the snare punchier to REALLY help with the energy of the beat...just my opinion though.
Grood job overall though!

Also I "fixed" the one beat I did bc I thought the drums were too loud but now I'm not sure its loud enough...any way I moved to a new beat.Heres the one i fixed and the new one:

Also should mention neither of these beats are really hip hop beats...but I still would like some feedback haha:)

Yeah my chopping sucks haha..and I def agree about the filter too..thanks man for the help...im going too look you up on sound cloud in a sec.

Agreed about the filter..its so easy to add effects on this thing and is really tempting...have to how more control in the future though haha!

Fixed the drums on this one too.Made this one a few days ago.This is more of a beat with some ambient parts thrown in and rain...lots of rain:)

i think your first one is pretty nice, i like the soundscape on this but the drums are too gentle ;)
what you think of this here?

bcwarlock

i think your first one is pretty nice, i like the soundscape on this but the drums are too gentle ;)
what you think of this here?

Man thats nice..like the drums and how crackley it all sounds...did you do this on an SP?Bc it kind of sounds like it...either way its pretty nice.Ill check you out on sound cloud.

Raninthacut

Man thats nice..like the drums and how crackley it all sounds...did you do this on an SP?Bc it kind of sounds like it...either way its pretty nice.Ill check you out on sound cloud.
I use fl studio on pc, i make tge beat and everything on there chop the drums and form the synths n hi-hats. Then i download it to my iphone and on there i use fl studiomobile to add the low pass filter. Also i use only the mouse to make the whole beat

bcwarlock

bcwarlock

This is my first beat using software!I used Ableton although I thought about trying Garageband out but decided to go with ableton since Im already taking online courses on it(I just never used it to make my own stuff)and It was actually an ok experience...though not as fun as hardware :).Here is the beat and I REALLY need some feed back..esp from any ableton users out there that can guide me on what to do to fix whatever is wrong.

Last edited:

bcwarlock

Had to reupload bc the track cut out at the end haha...ableton didn't realize the delay was still going and cut it of when I exported...

Edit:Still can't figure it out..gonna try one more time in a sec..

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online