Showcase - November 30-December 6, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip G

Nzyte
While going thru some 90's Hip Hop the other day I started listening to "Life after Death" and wanted to make a storytelling track that biggie could rap on. so I made this song... I tried to make it feel like a movie but it is kind of graphic so be warned...

If there are ways I could have told the story better please leave me some feedback... I'm here to have some fun, meet people, and hear some opinions.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@XIS : I like this song, your lyrics fit well with the beat and your singing on the chorus is pretty good too. Nice work.

I played all of the guitar on this, no sample was used.

Made this like three weeks ago, and I sampled a classical film score for this.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@XIS wow your really talented man ! i really like the song, my only criticism is the guitar synth i just feel it sticks out a little from the rest of the mix (not much mind you). the rap that starts at 042 is friggin sweet with that rolling bassline. just rly tasty. very well composed and put together again everything is super high level stellar work

@Chad mountaindrop that guitar is rly nice, has a spanish flavor to it. i like how you use kind a weird sounding kick works rly well tho, definitly have your own style lots of space for an mc to do their thing here too
storm sheff again with that dusty kick i likes it, the orchestral loop is just a lil complex here, not totally feeling it, the piano improv is nice. its a good track just not personally my thing its just a little too messy for me

heres mine for the week

Flip G

Nzyte
@Chad - [Mountaintop] this put me in the the vibe of a Nas and Damien Marley record... something with a message in it... good job on the arrangement, it keeps the composition moving thru each section... what kind of guitar do you have?
[Storm] this one is the trap beat... I could see Gucci on this or Juicy J on this too... The instruments all fit together and the violins are super menacing, I likes!

@Crispifier - at first it felt like a Mobb Deep track then the worm synth dropped and took me to LA which is a cool mashup... the arrangement is good... great use of reverbs and delays too!

@XIS - Def has a cinematic quality, nice piano and guitar! Nice rapping and delivery. Good catchy vocal hook. Bass needs to be a bit more chilled I thought. Drums louder in mix.

@Chad - 1st beat - really nice chilled vibe, guitar is nice. Like the saw synth. Nice chorus. Agree with XIS comment on the 'Distant Relatives' vibe. Like the loose rhythm of the track.
2nd beat - Agree bit too frantic and busy for my ears. But cool to try and experiment and do something unique.

@Crispifier - nice dissonant piano. The saw synth is interesting over that piano, maybe less reverb on it, but it's really cool. Like the piano breakdown. Bass really compliments the synth melody. Definitely a pretty gangster track!

NANI beats

While going thru some 90's Hip Hop the other day I started listening to "Life after Death" and wanted to make a storytelling track that biggie could rap on. so I made this song... I tried to make it feel like a movie but it is kind of graphic so be warned...

If there are ways I could have told the story better please leave me some feedback... I'm here to have some fun, meet people, and hear some opinions.

Yeah this music is very dramatic and tensioned. And the rap is.. wow amazing. It feels like this music is suitable for movie or something. Very good!

NANI beats

@XIS : I like this song, your lyrics fit well with the beat and your singing on the chorus is pretty good too. Nice work.

I played all of the guitar on this, no sample was used.

Made this like three weeks ago, and I sampled a classical film score for this.

No sample! Amazing! and the Bass so nice.

NANI beats

@XIS wow your really talented man ! i really like the song, my only criticism is the guitar synth i just feel it sticks out a little from the rest of the mix (not much mind you). the rap that starts at 042 is friggin sweet with that rolling bassline. just rly tasty. very well composed and put together again everything is super high level stellar work

@Chad mountaindrop that guitar is rly nice, has a spanish flavor to it. i like how you use kind a weird sounding kick works rly well tho, definitly have your own style lots of space for an mc to do their thing here too
storm sheff again with that dusty kick i likes it, the orchestral loop is just a lil complex here, not totally feeling it, the piano improv is nice. its a good track just not personally my thing its just a little too messy for me

heres mine for the week

Wow west coast vibe! Reminds me of Dr.Dre and Snoop!

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@XIS Nice job brotha! great song! I really like the piano, sits in the background but adds a lot of character to the track. I also like the horn elements you added. Awesome job bro.

@Chad Nice job boss. Really nice guitar! I also liked the FX elements you added.
And that second beat is hard. I like the way you chopped the string section sample. Nice job man!

@Crispifier Dude this is really good. I love the way that dark piano sits in the background. And that classic west coast synth really rounds this out. Awesome job bro.

@Face Valid Really clean work bro. The hi hats on this are crazy. A lot of rolls but they all work very well. Fantastic.

@NANI beats Clean as always bro. Mix is real balanced and professional sounding. Perfect chill music. Very nice!

Hey guys, this was my attempt at flipping a classic spanish guitar track into hip-hop. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Flip G

Nzyte
@NANI beats - this is dope, gives me the "so far gone" Drake vibes... clean mix and the piano chord progression is very nice! solid arrangement too... good work I enjoyed this!

@Rah.sool - the intro is great! It drops me right into it... I'm loving the changes in the beat arrangement and the mix of the 2 guitars... this sounds like J.cole to me... I like this a lot

@NANI beats - yeah very smooth and definitely has that R&B vibe. I liked what you did with the modulation on the piano and pads. Song is nicely balanced. Definitely ready for vocals!

@Rah.sool - you worked the sample good, and got some good drums with it. It's a cool idea. I thought the track needed bass, and also the tempo is a little fast. Why not pitch it down a few semitones? And maybe some more chops to add more interest.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Rah.sool - you worked the sample good, and got some good drums with it. It's a cool idea. I thought the track needed bass, and also the tempo is a little fast. Why not pitch it down a few semitones? And maybe some more chops to add more interest.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback brother! i'll try to add some more bass elements and spice up the chops some more

Status
Not open for further replies.