Showcase - November 6-12, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matt-D This is really dope, only it gets too loud in the non-horn sections, it's kind of jarring. I like how it switches up thats nice. Nice arrangement on this, pretty unique style i'd say too

@Koey Smooth stuff, I really dig it, i don't have any complaints tbh. You keep things interesting on this by having some variation, the beat flows well. It's chill af bruh, good job

rjpasin

<iframe width="100%" height="600" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Going to wait for this to fill up a bit before dropping feedback..

cool stuff man, really digging the laidback vibe.

cool track, for my taste i feel like the kick has an 'off' tone and some of the changes in volume throughout different elements could be smoothed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a new beat.. opinions are always welcome...
Nothing here yet.

cool track, for my taste i feel like the kick has an 'off' tone and some of the changes in volume throughout different elements could be smoothed out.
@rjpasin , you have a great concept going on here. But you have to make sure that your notes on your horns, strings and keys match up. Even your drums are in key, so be aware of that. It's easier than trying to force to elemts together that don't blend. But overall I like the whole medley idea

@Matt-D This is really dope, only it gets too loud in the non-horn sections, it's kind of jarring. I like how it switches up thats nice. Nice arrangement on this, pretty unique style i'd say too

@Koey Smooth stuff, I really dig it, i don't have any complaints tbh. You keep things interesting on this by having some variation, the beat flows well. It's chill af bruh, good job

A little overbaring with the brass section, but everything else is fine.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback! I actually did a quick mix on this beat so I figured something would be wrong lol.
@Koey nice beat man! the only complaint I have is I wish it built up a little more but it's still a smooth banger.
@John Wallstreet I like the overall job you did!! I just think the drums were a little dull imo.
@rjpasin Nice song bro! nothing bad to say.
@DEEZ BEATZ I love the sounds you use in this beat! really makes it come to life and the mix is on point!
@EsquireMusic111 I like this beat because it's different!! I definitely respect anyone who tries new things bro. Smooth beat.

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
Appreciate the compliments and feedback!

--
@Matt-D - Drum sound selection is dope. Hi hat sounds a bit too loud. Maybe mess around with the synth sound that comes in after about a minute.

@John Wallstreet - I like the idea, but I'm not a big fan of the sound selection. It feels like there's a bit too much going on as well. It makes it hard to focus on the vocals of the track.

@rjpasin - Yo I'm digging this! Beat is fire man. Mix sounds good. No complaints. Is this a demo?

@DEEZ BEATZ - Bassline is dope. I feel like a different piano sound might work better that's just my ears though.

@EsquireMusic111 - Sequencing on this is nice. Not a fan of the choir sound. Digging the perc elements. It gives it a nice groove.

Appreciate the compliments and feedback!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online