Showcase - September 19-21, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
http://soundcloud.com/ironkeys/do-it-big-mixdown-iron-keys - OldSchool Westcoast style. Not much more to say on this one. If anyone fancies riding this beat, let me know.

http://soundcloud.com/ironkeys/bouncybuzzy-ironkeys - Thinking to get a male singer on this, maybe have a rapper take one verse.

Feedback/thoughts/praise/criticism(constructive) all appreciated.

~Iron Keys

I would suggest that you loosen up on the drums and various instruments. Your sound and cadence is too stiff and robotic to be considered a westcoast style beat or bouncy.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
The west coast one: LDB is right, it doesnt have the swing a typical west coast beat would have. This way more east.

You need better sounds, a better, stronger, crisper kick. Better, sharper snares, and crisper hats. Your sounds are pretty basic too. Some new sounds, or layering the sounds you have.

The beat was pretty repetitive also, gotta get a switch up or add more sounds as the beat goes on

Same with the bouncy one, except the swing on this is closer to a west coast beat than Your west coast beat lol Its all in the drum's swing. West coast has that ALMOST off timing that gives it a style. Plus the synth sounds on this mightve been used on a west coast beat.

Hunt down some dope drums, almost no amount of processing can get those to pro-comparable levels

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
The west coast one: LDB is right, it doesnt have the swing a typical west coast beat would have. This way more east.

You need better sounds, a better, stronger, crisper kick. Better, sharper snares, and crisper hats. Your sounds are pretty basic too. Some new sounds, or layering the sounds you have.

The beat was pretty repetitive also, gotta get a switch up or add more sounds as the beat goes on

Same with the bouncy one, except the swing on this is closer to a west coast beat than Your west coast beat lol Its all in the drum's swing. West coast has that ALMOST off timing that gives it a style. Plus the synth sounds on this mightve been used on a west coast beat.

Hunt down some dope drums, almost no amount of processing can get those to pro-comparable levels

Where the fuck do I get them from?

Where do the pro's get their drums from?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Where the fuck do I get them from?

The net has probably 7-8 unique, pro quality kits. And I stopped scouring the net for'em in like 08, theres acouple drum companys, but most are producers like you and me that came up on some dopeness

Where do the pro's get their drums from?

Record Breaks and they go to the studio for an hour sample live kits, and tweek them.

Then when songs they produce get mixed, they save the kicks snares etc for later

DrDre said, he uses the same kick in most of his beats, he just tweeks it SO much that you never noticed

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Yeah I heard that for 2001 (i think)

So basically my tracks are shit. Safe

They're good skeletons, shit cant be made into anything but manure

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Can't even buy a daw or decent vst for that. Well a decent vst maybe.

Doesnt matter, 150 for hr of stu time, 50 for a sess drummer. Easy

"What?"

You said it was shit Im saying its not shit, just a good skeleton

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Basically, I can't do nothign with the beat. And have not much option of making a good one. So, not much choice. Is there.

So you just gonna give up? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online