Showcase - September 28-October 4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Marc Duncan : Like Matt-D said, I really like the melody, the drums are great too, and the structure of the beat makes it catchy

@Matt-D : I like the mixing of the Coast to Coast instrumental. The kick and synth also sound great on it. I also like the how you switched up the structure and added not as musical sounds

"Knock this" also sounds really dope. I like the synth work on it from the key to the lead, sounds very West Coast. Both beats are great

Here is my beat for this week:

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
Here my beat ladies and gentleman. Check it out. Tell me what you think some good constructive critism always good. What are the good side of the beat and the bad. Hit it play it and thank you for your time.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.

I like the notes played in this piece. The arrangement could be better i would like to see the drums just not hit in slowly but instantly. But i like the sound to of the keys.

The first one has potential but i think the sound is off or falsh notes are played or some effect makes the sound falsh.
The second beat is kinda cool i like the second one more than the first one.
@Marc Duncan : Like Matt-D said, I really like the melody, the drums are great too, and the structure of the beat makes it catchy

@Matt-D : I like the mixing of the Coast to Coast instrumental. The kick and synth also sound great on it. I also like the how you switched up the structure and added not as musical sounds

"Knock this" also sounds really dope. I like the synth work on it from the key to the lead, sounds very West Coast. Both beats are great

Here is my beat for this week:

Woow this one that halloween beat vibe those drums man ohw nice. The sample gives this that nice touch you don't find very often anymore wel done !

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.

I will post feedback later. Cheers. :)

Nice reverb on them keys man and the strings are well done. The drumz are well made too but i don't dig the arrangement i think the drumz could've been made differently without repeating too much and how the beat fades out and comes back in is made very well. I like this beat man good work.

@Marc Duncan - nice chill tune. Like the melody and the pad behind the keys. One for headphones at nightime.

@Matt-D - I thought you got some classic west coast sounds but they don't fit as well with the acoustic guitar sound. Still, it's really unique and chill. The second track, I like the idea, it has a good vibe. I think maybe the drums would sound better with some swing on.

@Chad - like how the drums switch from snare to clap, like the brass motif. Like the rhythm of the song. Like how it develops. Good musical ideas. Nice and different.

@Memento Beats - nice drum work. Like the use of filter. Solid arrangement, definitely ready for someone to jump on.

@TjombaBeats - Wasn't sure on the intro but like the main beat at 50 seconds. Nice use of flanger and bitcrusher. Actually when it switches back to intro idea it starts to make sense. Very creative.

@Therapy.strumm - like the chords. Nice intricate drum pattern and the bass works with it well. Like that distorted slidey bass sound.

@Matt-D Coast to Coast- I don't know why but it's not my style. Most of the time I like your productions but this time I don't know. There is something about sounds you used that doesn't match other instruments. For example the part that appears around 0:13 and reappears again later is nice and I like it but I don' like those breakdowns for example at 1:03. It doesn't fit there in my opinion. Drums are cool. When it comes to mix all elements are exposed and clearly audible so that's definitely good thing but as I said there is something about sounds you used and/or composition itself that turns me off. Sorry :(

Knock This- Much better. It's also not my style to use that many synths in a beat but this is definitely enjoyable in this beat. You did a great job with them. I like the melody. I like sound of them. Drums are also nice. Beat flows very nicely. You might have added more variation to the structure as around 1:57 beat gets a little bit boring but I think that with vocal it wouldn't be hearable. But I like this one. :D

@Chad I love the sample you used. It reminds me of some old cartoons like Scooby Doo or something :D I like it. Drums are arranged in a good way, however, in my opinion they are detached from the mix. What I mean by it is the fact that their sound does not blend with other elements of the beat. Like drums are from beat A, and the rest are from beat B. I hope you get the idea but if it's not clear, please let me know and I will try to make it clearer. I realise that this description might be a bit confusing. I wish you 808/bass was more present in the mix. I would say that mix in general could be improved. It could be more glued together. But I have to say it's original and generally you have pretty original sounding things when you post them here.

@TjombaBeats That moment around 0:38 was pretty surprising. :D I have to say that when I was listening to that beat I was asking myself "WTF is going on here?" :D You know it's totally unpredictable. I like drums and I like that you used different drums in different parts of the beat. I can clearly hear a difference in them. It's very original but I think that my opinion is not going to be helpful as I didn't understand it. I have never made a beat like this so I'm quite unfamiliar with this type of sounds. I reckon it could be used in some wicked movie or video game like Manhunt. You know very psychotic stuff. What I felt when I was listening to this beat was that I had movie scene in my head when the main character is in some crazy place. Some club full of psychos and he's seeing weird things they're doing to each other. So I think it's very good that your music provokes listener's imagination. Nevertheless, I wouldn't play it to myself. I would be very pleased to hear it somewhere (in situations I mentioned above like movie or video game) but I wouldn't enjoy listening to it on its own. I also agree with @Face Valid that it's very creative.

@Therapy.strumm Definitely what is worth mentioning here is very busy 808 patterns and hihat patterns.

@Therapy.strumm Definitely what is worth mentioning here is very busy 808 patterns and hihat patterns. I like those little melodies that appear here and there. Nevertheless, those 808 slides and their structure in general is a bit chaotic and when you also have very busy hihats it's a little bit exhausting. So I would advise you to be careful while doing this as it may be too much. Also there could be more variation when it comes to arrangement because I wanted to hear some point where beat is going. You don't have to do much in order to achieve this, all you have to do is just to take something away and add it again later and just play with it. Keep going. :D

@Face Valid That rim click fits nice to the rest of the beat. I like bass here. It's very smooth and round. Melody is good and I like the way you used flute in that beat. It complements that piano in a nice way. However, there is something missing in the background that would glue the rest together. But overall, it's nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online