Showcase - September 4-10, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
Welcome everyone, just got back from vacation and now I'm back on the grind. I'll give feed back when more peeps show up, and I'll give feed back from 2 weeks ago that I've missed..

Till then peep this:

15536651_10208464909324327_1964453985_o.jpg
hell to pay 3(200x200).png
http://www.getrightmusic.com/mixtap...e-lt-ceo-bizzy-the-rich-boyz-club-247anna-lee

FREE DOWNLOAD!!! THIS MIXTAPE WAS MY MOST SUCCESSFUL LAST YEAR. AND " HELL 2 PAY VOL. 2 IS GOING TO BE EVEN BETTER. RELEASE DATE SET FOR FEB. 2018

SO DOWNLOAD AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

THIS TRACK IS FROM MY BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL ASS MIXTAPE IN 2016" HELL TO PAY VOL. 1. IT'S TITLED NETFLIX AND CHILL featuring South Memphis Rapper PAYN EMCEE. PRODUCED BY B.E MUSIC

Nothing here yet.

Last edited:
Welcome everyone, just got back from vacation and now I'm back on the grind. I'll give feed back when more peeps show up, and I'll give feed back from 2 weeks ago that I've missed..

Till then peep this:

@Klypse , nice beat and nice groove. the only that i find interesting is that the chord melody and the piano melody didnt mesh well. sounded off key a bit.. but overall i like this groove

@Marc Duncan Hard beat! I like the ambient. The sound selection and the drum programming are on point. I would only add some vocals as a bridge. The mix is pretty solid too.
- - - -

Here's our newest beat. Any feedback is welcome.

@The Thrillz , love this shit. sounds a lot like some of the beats i create...the only thing that i heard in this track was the intro. great intro but i just was thinking of maybe bringing the bells in when the beat starts(my opinion) overall this is bangin' 4 real 4 real.

ANOTHER TRACK FROM THE MIXTAPE "HELL TO PAY VOL.1" Featuring south memphis rapper " LOONEY TUNE"
Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@DEEZ BEATZ : I like the Netflix & chill song the most, the laid back feel of the beat matches the rapper's content and I thought the synth keys were mixed well. I thought "Top of the Game" was mastered a little too loud but nice vibe to it, reminds me of the 2008 to 2011 period of hip hop. Good job though, and keep up those connections too with those South Memphis dudes. Collaboration is always a must.

@Klypse : I like the bass line, and the percussion mixes well with the beat. I also thought the dj scratches were a nice aesthetic touch that you don't hear as much in hip hop anymore. The mix was good and I like the sample too.

@Marc Duncan : I like how the 808s are programmer. It sounds like some outer space trap which I think you were going for. The drum track is also dope, as are the synth keys. Good work.

@Edgar : Dope sample and it was mixed well. I like the use of the 808s and hi hats too. The intro part before the drums came in sounded a little drawn out. That's my only negative criticism though, I liked everything else. Good job.

Here is my beat:

@DEEZ BEATZ : I like the Netflix & chill song the most, the laid back feel of the beat matches the rapper's content and I thought the synth keys were mixed well. I thought "Top of the Game" was mastered a little too loud but nice vibe to it, reminds me of the 2008 to 2011 period of hip hop. Good job though, and keep up those connections too with those South Memphis dudes. Collaboration is always a must.

@Klypse : I like the bass line, and the percussion mixes well with the beat. I also thought the dj scratches were a nice aesthetic touch that you don't hear as much in hip hop anymore. The mix was good and I like the sample too.

@Marc Duncan : I like how the 808s are programmer. It sounds like some outer space trap which I think you were going for. The drum track is also dope, as are the synth keys. Good work.

@Edgar : Dope sample and it was mixed well. I like the use of the 808s and hi hats too. The intro part before the drums came in sounded a little drawn out. That's my only negative criticism though, I liked everything else. Good job.

Here is my beat:

@Chad , thanks for the feedback bruh. I appreciate that. I love that beat" Some day"...very smooth and really like the chopped vocals. Great work, I have tons of beats like this and wanted to enter them into the contests but I thought it might be too much.

kidjoint

New sample based beat
Used The Chordettes - Mr. Sandman

I like the general use of the sample, but IMHO it lacks in the bass department. Adding a good bass would make it better. I don't like the harshness and sibilance in the "Mr sandman give me a dream" - it almost hurts my ears.

@cj5_music - Def add bass there cause the beat fills empty, some vinyl noise in the backgroud may also spice things nicely. I'd low pass the vocals, they hurt the ears. There's potential there.

@Edgar - Damn, that snare is great. Great spacy mix with sweet samples in it. I feel that the kick may have too much sub, I think that saturating it a bit would help to keep the tone even and punchier. Still, it doesn't break the beat. Great stuff, one of the best I heard recently.

I've made this one some time ago, I'd turn the hats down a bit and have them less often but let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.