Skin Color 1 - Sucio 0

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Lost this beat battle here in Orlando......

Lost in the finals, again....

A tie in the finals.....went to crowd participation......because the judges had a tie (don't get me started).

I destroyed all the competition...(again) I had all kinds of beats...from dirty south...to commercial...to sampled....to a dirty south sampled joint.....

I felt like I was listening to a waka flocka discography.....and the same chanting sound on every beat....

It's a shame......

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yeah...but in Orlando..I'm not dark enough....

I wore an American Eagle shirt and shorts with flip flops.....

I wasn't rocking the tall tee with the tight sagging jeans.........

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That sucks, bro. I understand you, I would see that shit all the time at DJ battles. The judges either vote for the person that they know, or by who has the most fans in the crowd, and that sucks big time.

I know they'll say that crowd reaction is part of the judging, and that's great, but when a dude shows up with 200 of his "friends" that's not fair.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Plain white or black Tee with a mean mug and jeans wouldve gotten you through enough

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Dude...I had this guy MURDERED...

They had groupie chicks as judges.....which pissed me off...because they were only diggin the dirty south music..... Had not one ounce of hip-hop in them.....so when the final round was a TIE? I knew I was done for.......

I played one of the beats and the DJ looked at me and said "wow..."

Funny thing was that there wasn't a lot of the crowd participating....So when the host didn't want to go to noise...he said....whoever wants this dude to win...stand here..and the other stand there......

No lie....I had latinos (all 3 of them) stand on my side.....and the other dude had all the black dudes standing on his end.....

I was convinced that people didn't understand hip-hop...... So if I ever get a deal...I won't rep Orlando....lmao I've disowned the city...because everyone wants to hear only ONE kind of music.....

I shit you guys not.....if these guys played the same beat twice, you couldn't tell....all the beats sounded the same...... They asked the winner what type of beats he made....he said he was versatile......and I don't think anyone heard any versatility....

I will admit....I am pretty bitter....and I will hold this grudge against the hip-hop crowd in Orlando....and just grind harder.......and Kanye the city when the time comes......

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL Kanye the city....

Is there by chance any video of the event? I would like to see some of this!

Do you think it was because of who the other guy knows? Maybe he's tight with judges or whatever? I've seen that happen many times too.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Nah..he came with his girl and that was it....I didn't get any video footage of it.....

They didn't have anyone filming it......I'll have it filmed next time...

thats some fucked up shit right there. This is one of the reasons I have become disillusioned with hip hop. The so called fans these days dont even know what hip hop is. For a contest to be decided by the colour of your skin, just shows how far we havent come. Im sorry you lost man, to the same old fucking bullshit that calls itself hip hop these days. 10 a penny beats that all sound the fucking same.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I agree with what DOX said...I think that if you had looked the part, it would have put you over the top. I mean your ish had to be dope to get you to the finals and if it were ALL about race, you wouldn't have made it that far. The shorts and flip flops can be that laid back hip hop dude (like myself) but the American Eagle T-shirt was a no-no...lol.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Well..I made it to the finals because the judges had no choice......

But when I got to the finals...all of the sudden it was a tie.... Hmm....

You know what, though? The american eagle tee....that's my steez...I wasn't one for dressing hood....it was never really my thing.....

I got my "white boy" on a long time ago.....I've always had a hood mentality about things but I've never dressed that way..... I didn't want people thinking I was that type of dude...A lot of people would look @ you and pass judgment.... and I know I got that when I went on stage...but a lot of that changed when they heard the first beat....and then they knew I was serious.....

Funny thing was...after the show..I got more love from the other producers and the dude running the show (who owns a studio out here) than the guy who actually won it......Those people knew that the guy who won simply won a popularity contest...and that's cool...... Next one I'm going to....I'm going 40 deep, guaranteed.....And I got this signed producer who wants to battle.......I'm so ready to take his money and his spot on the roster..... I've heard his joints and if the powers that be heard illmuzik beats....he would've never signed this dude....I realize the talent that graces this site is far better than a lot of so called "producers" that are out there...

I guess I'm quite spoiled with the stiff competition I get here....When I was in that battle....I jus shook my head and was like "man...this is gonna be easy...."...mainly because I tapped on every facet of hip hop...so my versatility would be more than enough to win this......

NOPE....

I am bitter about the situation and did blame it on Orlando for not recognizing hip-hop...I will rescind that comment...........after research...I found out the dude that "won" had a shitload of people come out for him, according to my artist that came out to support.........had nothing to do with talent...and everything to do with how deep your squad was.....which is wack to me.

So I'll just grind that much harder....get that much better.....become that dude who makes that paper....then go to the next beat battle as a spectator....and when people ask me why I'm not participating...I'll tell them that I'm above that......

I'm cool with that.

By the way...I'm fucking drunk posting this..... but I'm in a mellow mood.......chilled with my pops today..had some beers with the man...got drunk with the man......

Happy father's day to all of the fathers out there.....your job is an admirable one.... Salute!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
@Sucio - I feel your pain but yeah, roll deep in the next one. Here's the thing...you impressed the right people (other producers and the guy who did the contest...) AND if you really want to make a statement (since you will be deep anyway...), wear something really out of the norm but tear the house down with your ish! hahahaha.

@skid - lmao! I can't say what I want to because certain cats get sensitive to my comments but thats some funny ish! hahahaha

members online