slider on the mpd

old supreme

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
hey all,
just curious: does anyone use the slider on the mpd for anything? and if so what?

one,
oso

C

Copenhagen

I rarely use it for velocity/volume change...but most of the time I just use the 16 levels instead.

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yea me too. i also use it for when i have a sample that i have to trim and the part that i want is either at the end or beginning. in trim mode i push and hold shift while sliding the slider. its a lot faster than turning the dial.

C

Copenhagen

Nas2000xl, I think he was referring to the MPD-16 and not the MPC. There's no dial on the MPD.
Btw, old supreme, I remember that I actually use it for sliding the volume/velocity of snares and cymbals sometimes.

C

Copenhagen

I actually don't know, but I'll see if I can find out.

numerike

ill o.g.
I tried setting it up, and got it working, but i havent put it to much use. Its alot easier to just use the mouse. To set it up you need to add a Generic Remote in device settings. I cant remember how to do it , but that should give you a head start. I made a topic in the kvr-vst.com forums and how to set it up and someone replied with detailed start on how to do it. Search the forums for my name 'numerike' and click on latest thread.

fastlance

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok, If you own a MPD, you use the program that came with it and set it to a midi effect channel, so like you could change it from panpot to volume to fade, etc. it's handy if your own keyboard controler does not have any knobs or faders

D

DJ B-Stee

if you use fl, just right click on any knob/variable setting and select link to controller, then move the slider and then now you can control that setting with the slider. i use it when im trying to make an accurate fine tuning type change like when im setting the right pitch, effect amount, or compression settings...stuff like that.