• beat this! voting starts in...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
LMAO...Divo Vinly Chip bowl. I've seen that Boola one already. Nice looking on tha videos.

C

chris

Yo thx for the video man. Double j is from my hometown of Kitchener. Its nice to see someone u know making some loot like that off beats, but he fucked up flashing it up on screan like that, cause i know a lot of people in kitchener that would stick him if i sent them this video. My boy is tryin to get a motiff that loot would cover it. Dont worry tho, ima keep it to myself. Shout out to Dub J at Screw it up records. If anyone else out there got some videos u should put them on here.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
2,000 isnt exactly top dollar, i mean if yuo gonna boast, then boast when you are pullin $50,000!

although, $2,000 is more han i am makin atthe moment so i cant diss him, just sayin, 2 g's is still small time.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
and 2gz for 20 minutes work that means that was for only 1 beat i wonder if anyone on Ill muzik is making money like that ?

D

Dub J

chris said:
cause i know a lot of people in kitchener that would stick him if i sent them this video. 1

Pretty funny bud! .. You know you live in Kitchener right ? ... I would love to see someone stick me in my house for any of my shit. ..

#1 - I live with my wife and daughter... so if anyone ever stepped foot in my house to endanger any of them ... they'd be fucking dead!

#2 - I produce for many cats in Toronto / Scarborough ( not gonna ball out names ... but if you know my resume .. then you know ) ... If anyone dared to touch my lab and fuck w/ their music .... it would be ugly.

#3 - I have a surveillance camera.

... I cant stand wannabe thugs in Kitchener .... do you even realize how wack that sounds.... lol .. Kitchener doesnt even have a ghetto ... I could walk any neighbourhood in this city at anytime of day or night .. with money taped to the outside of my clothes and nothing would happen..... I've lived here for more than 20 years and there has never been a shooting .... the only deaths caused by young people was 2 stabbings. .. 2 in over 20 years...

well .. enough of that ... time for my shameless promotion.

I currently have a new single on every radio station in Canada .. called AGONY .. its by Sumeet and features Broadway & Elephant Man.....

I also just produced the title track on the new Nutt-So LP "Fastlane Legacy" ( Outlaw Records ) .. the album is droppin in 2005 .. also on the album is 2 Pac, B Legit, Spice 1, Outlawz and more..

If you dont know who Nutt-So is .. he was on 2 Pacs album "Better Dayz" on the track Ghetto Star .. hes done about 12 songs with 2 Pac in total.

I am about to do some work with Above The Law as well.... .. Above The Law is the only other group signed to Eazy E's label....

For the cats on here who know their Canadian hip hop .. I've done production for the following.

MayOne-9 of Brassmunk ( Toronto )

Dan-e-o (Monolith Crew - Toronto)

Charisma (Monolith Crew - Toronto)

Bishop (Section - 6 - Toronto)

Tara Chase (Circle Member - Toronto)

Eternia ( Toronto )

DL Incognito ( 9 Planets - Toronto )

Arabesque ( Toronto )

D-Sisive ( Toronto )

Broadway (formerly MayOne-9)

Strik-9 ( London )

N.I.F.T.Y ( Toronto )

Slakah ( Toronto )

Originaal ( Cleveland )

Kellee ( France )

Faith Walker (Kitchener)

Skitz (Sandboxx Entertainment - Toronto)

Klutch (Lil' City Pros - Windsor)

Latoya & Miranda (Juno Award Winners ( Waterloo ) )

Masia One (Toronto)

Deesha ( Toronto )

Classified (Half Life - Halifax) Produced on 2 of his albums

Street Dreamerz - (Street Dreamin Entertainment - Detroit)

Sharky ( Cambridge )

Mizz Hyde ( Cash Money Records affiliate - New Orleans )

Titus ( Cambridge )

Sumeet (New York)

Shelby ( Kitchener )

Uno & Lace Diamonds (Atlanta)

Elephant Man ( Atlantic Records )

Nutt-So ( Outlaw Records )

& More!!!

... if you want to work with me .. hit me up at info@qituprecords.com .. you can reach me from the Q It Up website as well www.qituprecords.com

Sorry to have to post up in here like I did ... but I cant stand punk kids who think they are gangsta!!!!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
CampO said:
and 2gz for 20 minutes work that means that was for only 1 beat i wonder if anyone on Ill muzik is making money like that ?

not sure. gimme one job like that!

well, just read jay dub's post. imagine that!

so, whats the most you've been paid for a beat? the $2,000 doesnt seem like much in the overall scheme of selling beats (still, like i said, i aint gettin paid just yet so i cant diss or sanything) but then again, thats more than my months pay on my job!

looks like you are making moves.

anyhow, welcome to illmuzik, go ahead and post way. just be civil!

since you are doing your thing, and you are at a place where some of us are about to enter/trying to work towards, perhaps you can share the knowledge.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
^^^ Intern Baby!!! thats how i got my connections... or just have Nice Music Networks the More Serious people u know the easy it is

once you around People with $$$ and u got good work it aint hard to Sale a track for a few thousands...

A Dub i'll hit you on Msn sometime aint spoke with ya in a Minute

D

Dub J

The most Ive had one of my beats sell for was $15,000 ... but I had to split that with 2 other people ...

1.) My manager

2.) the lady that linked the sale ( she works for another label )

So we all got $5,000 .... Its nice to have a handful of people who's job it is to sell your beats..... cuz you can sit back & chill while they do their job.

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dub j.... keep doing your thing man... don't listen to the haters... bytheway nice videos...

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Dub J said:
Pretty funny bud! .. You know you live in Kitchener right ? ... I would love to see someone stick me in my house for any of my shit. ..

haha Thats da Same shit i was thinkin that was stupid of him 2 even say something like that

D

Dub J

Sacred One said:
How did u find out about this website, just wondering?

I found out about this site becausemy server for my website and my videos was recieving alot of hits from this domain.... my server tracks where all the downloads come from and if people are hotlinking them on other forums.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
yo dub j, I never heard you, but do you make beats for us rappers too?

just watch the videos, how can you start your drum with the hat, then the snare then the kick??? I do the exact opposite, and I think most people do that too

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
nah i have met a few cats who do it that way. i gave it a shot once upon but it didnt really work for me. i'm a step dude myself.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Thanx for posting these vids, it taught me something. Cuz when I'm playing my sounds, like a spanish guitar, when played alone I feel like it sounds bad, but than I saw Dub J. His spanish guitar sound plain when alone, but it was real good in the mix.

ill o.g.
to each his own man. Dont stereotype, dub j has his own good techniques that work for him. Other people start with keyboard/piano and play the bass with their left hand and melody with their right, and then base their drums around that later on (this is thinkin more like a band). Just do what works for you.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo Dub J - good looking on those videos. It's dop ethat your helping younger cats learn teh art of producing.

good luck with your music bro