Soo... this girl decides to post a song she did to a beat of mine

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
That i have just given to Master Of Self to rock for my project.

she shouts me out on the song- but i was never asked, simply told that she had done it. she posts it on her soundclick site.....

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=1883739&q=Hi

and to be honest its GARBAGE. im embarrased.

no email, asking if its cool. i understand that these are the pitfalls of having your music avaialable online or whatever... but its just courteous to at least ASK in a situation like this, where everyone is trying to get on.

yeah i know, who knows, maybe somebody checked her site, like my beat,m yada yada yada...

but that was foul and i left a message on her board telling her that. you dont tell me your using something of mine, you ask me. if i sy no, respect that. if you dig my music enough to want to spit to it, then show me that gratitude and appreciattion by at least ASKING.

oh, and Master Of Self was the one who pointed it out, that somebody had already spit over it. just kind of looks bad.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Cold Truth said:
she shouts me out on the song- but i was never asked, simply told that she had done it. she posts it on her soundclick site.....
Truth - Did u make it available for download though on yer SC???......If so thats kinda on u homeboy.....

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Man lol I would Be pissed to but I think you being Critcal Ive heard alot Worse then Her Spit what was so bad about her ? I mean her Delivery was pretty smooth she didint have a bad voice or nuttin wat was it the lyrics ?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
DueceMade Ent. said:
Truth - Did u make it available for download though on yer SC???......If so thats kinda on u homeboy.....

Yea i was gonna ask that. If you put your stuff up there(download or not) expect it go get jacked. Thats why I NEVER post stuff up there

But gosh damn, what a waste of a good beat..... i mean she has a little bit of potiental,but not that much. Damn its messed up how that went down, but like duce said if u had it up there to download u gotta expect that.

class.......

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
im taking everything down. although the mp3 thing doesnt really matter. its easy to record anything from your pc.... ive done it many times for samples back in the day.

anyhow, im not mad that it was used... i am bothered that it was used and POSTED without asking me about it.

i honestly think the song is corny though..... its hella cheesy if you ask me.

i would just appreciate being asked if its being posted... dont just tell me. its not like we even had an aquaintance. i appreciate the love, but if you are diggin it like that then at least extend the courtesy of asking me.

as far as it being a "wasted" beat, nah, never that...... i am using a different version of it anyways, but its not like hers is going to go anywhere. i am going to eventually release the works i get done "officially" at some point...... and anyways mos is going to murder this track so its mute.

i just think that, if you dig somebody and shout em out on his own work, at least ask for it...

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
shit i thought it was gonna be me haha

T

The Bastard

Yeah I Was Kinda Feelin It. Only Thing I Didnt Like Is The Hook And Sum Parts Shes Off Point Like Merc Said.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
make sure that beat is copywritten, dont want that girl jackin it

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
mercurywaters said:
yeah. her delivery is horribly unsteady. this could actually be good if she had her delivery on point. the only solution......take yo shit down

I agree. I would actually perfer to disect her song oppose to others who spit in the broad path. Don't really know what she's doing wit those metaphors, I hear references about the Lord every now and then, so I'll try to see where her mind is at. But naw, I don't like the song off the back, and she did not match the hook to the rhythm. Can't knock her though, you probably would have told her no if she asked first anyway LOL.

T

The Bastard

Kevin A said:
I agree. I would actually perfer to disect her song oppose to others who spit in the broad path. Don't really know what she's doing wit those metaphors, I hear references about the Lord every now and then, so I'll try to see where her mind is at. But naw, I don't like the song off the back, and she did not match the hook to the rhythm. Can't knock her though, you probably would have told her no if she asked first anyway LOL.
YEAH SHE EXPRESES HOW SHES A NONBELIEVER

members online