Soundcloud only has 2 months to live

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Apparently they only have enough money to stay afloat for another 2 months! Even if they get investors, it still doesn't fix the issue of making money.

When they first came out I didn't know how they were supposed to bring in any income because it seemed like a weird business model. Anyway, let's see how this plays out.

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
^Heard the same

There are gonna be people who invest in it, but it will indeed be interesting to see what comes of it. In a way, if it were to go away it would not be a necessarily bad thing. It would push people to push their music in different ways instead of uploading it and then being like fuck it. (like myself lmao).

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@Vik you have to remember with SC they messed up by being friends with majors, in others words they don't and will never give a damn about non major musos.

ill o.g.
It will be interesting to see how this pans out..I'm hoping for an alternative. There seems not much point in uploading stuff on SC any more.

Perrotius

Juggalotus
They had a pay service i believe soundcloud go or something, didn't seem worth it also didn't seem to take off. I would say ad revenue, limit tracks posted for free, that also deters people. However they are kinda the main platform so they should bank on that. Perhaps merge with youtube or something similar.