StressWon - Mic Wars (free download)

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
YoYo!
Stress - you got some cool shit on this offering...
Im feeling the most:
What I am
Aint Sayin Nothin

But i think the whole album is real consistent with the rest of the content.

Your vocals notably sound far more pristine sonically than a few years back when i heard somethin last. Delivery has improved as well, however your delivery was never that much of an issue IMO.

Good work.

STEEZ

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
DaIllfellaz track is the stand out track imo. You can hear how you took your game up a few notches on that one, it sounded "right now" as opposed to "throw" back hip hop. I think the last track that you produced is your thing, "best friend". I think you could make some noise on some heart felt story telling type shit. I know the "boom bap" type hip hop is what you want to do but I'd like to hear you on some more modern production. Keep the flow, content and delivery and drop it on something "here and now" as oppose to that 90ish music. It was a great era in hip hop but it makes your sound dated. I'd like to hear some more effort on the hooks and chorus as well. Try something diff't, change it up while maintaining your lane at the same time if you can feel where I'm coming from!

Lyrically I can dig it man. Track wise only about 2 made me tune in.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Really good album, I'm feeling it. A few of the tracks had a "newer" sound and I wasn't feeling it, I think the Boom Bap style fits you best.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Dopee album Stress, you really got some mad talent. Very well put together hip hop, stands out from the crowd.

My favs from the album were:

What I Am - Nicee track, I liked the way the sample was flipped (same sample from "Slow Down").

This is the Way - Grimey, DJ Premier stuff right here, dopeness.

Deadly On the Rhymes - Classic hip hop feel no doubt, you and DJ Excellence should put some more tracks together.

Keep doin your thing.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Good work Stress ! Excellent choice of beats (no pun intended) and lyrics. I'm really feeling Nomics' beat,, in fact this is so dope I'm almost jealous. And oh, Lil Drama boy, there's nothing wrong with the ''throwback'' sound, in fact it suits Stress perfectly, why should he change?

The question is, did I say "there was something wrong with it"?

That answer is "hell no". At the end of the day Stress is a grown man who'll do the kind of music he's comfortable with. I respect that. I'm not throwing any negatives at Stress. He definitely has skills.....at the end of the day it's about where he wants to take his music. If you read carefully I said to keep the flow and drop it over more up to date music. That's not throwing jabs at "boom bap" at all. It's something I would "personally" like to hear because I think he would shine just that same.

I'm sure Stress knows what I'm speaking on. There are two producers here that he would definitely merk there tracks. Nomics and SpanishHarlem...that's all I'm saying.

If u want some "boom bap" beef I'm a Vegan, and I wasn't trying to go there in the first place. Some people just cling to the negative! If u did some production on it "back down", I meant u no harm. DO U!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I definitely know where LDB is comin from. I didnt sense no beef wit his statements. I agree wit what he said. It's all opinions and point of views. At the end of the day, it's just Stress music.

Good looks yall.

The way I see it is that "Boom Bap" isn't an era per say. It's just a form of Hip Hop that isn't marketable. IMO. I'm makin music cause I love it,,,,but I know I could market myself if I wanted,,lol.

As for a more "now" sound. I'm takin it there, Me and Spanish got our shit still in the mix and I think that will really get more people into what I'm doin. Plus, I'm already 3 tracks into my next joint. And well, the 66 album is gonna be bananas....Stay tuned and good looks yall.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Most def Stress! I knew you'd know what I was saying. I look forward to hearing the new shhhh...verbally and intellectually you're a cut above a lot of dudes doing this shit. If I didn't see it like that I promise you I would say nada.

Your album is definitely going on my MP3 player!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Most def Stress! I knew you'd know what I was saying. I look forward to hearing the new shhhh...verbally and intellectually you're a cut above a lot of dudes doing this shit. If I didn't see it like that I promise you I would say nada.

Your album is definitely going on my MP3 player!

thanks man,,,means alot.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
yeah this was dope. im feelin "hip hop" and "aint sayin nothin" the most. that beat for hip hop is crazy imo .. who produced that?

That was "Shortfuze",,,,IMO one of the most slept on beat makers here. As long as I make albums, I need at least one fuze joint! Thanks Ash. "Ain't Sayin' Nuttin" had a different beat originally. The original beat was by Formant (sick as fuck) but I didn't go in the direction he wanted,,,ehich was good cause if the beat is still available,,I'll drop that on the next. Anyways, I took my pella and made that beat around it.