Sup everybody

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Just wanted to say whats up. I go by The Knoxvillan. Im probably the old guy here. Im 35 but just got back into making beats a few months ago. I made beats for a breif time in my early twenties using fl studio. I stopped to work and take care of my wife and kids. A few months ago I got my hands on an mpc and all the passion and love i had for making beats all came back. I dont do it for money, i do it for the love. Thats about all for now i guess. Peace.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Lol, The great thing about beat making and making music in general to me is there is no age limit. There's plenty of old dudes playing guitar and drums but people look at hip hop different. To me it's weird to think of someone 50 and over to be rapping but when it comes to producing I dont feel like there is a limit. Hip hop is also only about 40 years old so we are going to see more and more older folks in the game. It's an mpc 500 by the way. Got it cheap and figure if I get decent at it I'll upgrade.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Lol, The great thing about beat making and making music in general to me is there is no age limit. There's plenty of old dudes playing guitar and drums but people look at hip hop different. To me it's weird to think of someone 50 and over to be rapping but when it comes to producing I dont feel like there is a limit. Hip hop is also only about 40 years old so we are going to see more and more older folks in the game. It's an mpc 500 by the way. Got it cheap and figure if I get decent at it I'll upgrade.
That's a great point. It's true - you look at bands like the Rolling Stones for example, they're in their 70s and no one says shit. Well, it's also because it's the Stones but still. With Hip Hop for some reason it's different.

The 500 is nice. I almost got it but I was able to get a 2500 instead. 500 looks great for being portable though.

spectralight

Beatmaker
Welcome @The Knoxvillan.

New here myself, awesome place.. 34 myself three kids running around lol. ;)

Loving the tactile sensation of having hardware at hand compared to mouse and keyboard? I found that Maschine helped me spark my passion for this stuff, just a flow on hardware that can't usually be beat for me a lot of the time.

Always wanted to grab a MPC500 for on the go but having a Maschine I think the next thing will be a SP404SX..

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @The Knoxvillan and no it is not weird for an older person to rap past the industry preferred ages synonymous with Hip Hop. Hip Hop has a maturity problem that few people are willing to discuss. Hip Hop needs more actual adults.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Welcome @The Knoxvillan.

New here myself, awesome place.. 34 myself three kids running around lol. ;)

Loving the tactile sensation of having hardware at hand compared to mouse and keyboard? I found that Maschine helped me spark my passion for this stuff, just a flow on hardware that can't usually be beat for me a lot of the time.

Always wanted to grab a MPC500 for on the go but having a Maschine I think the next thing will be a SP404SX..

Yeah. Im more of a hands on person. Nothing like the feel of tapping the pads on an mpc.

members online