The business of getting high...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
How many of you cats have seen this dope ass Documentary?

Also available on insta stream on Netflix.

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery informative.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
They are basically arguing the fact that smoking marijuana is bad for you. They have proved to me that other than "paralyzing my cilia" and of course "inhaling the properties of smoke itself", there is NOTHING harmful about smoking marijuana. I say we all roll up a phat one and get blazed.

Remember the golden rule though: puff, puff, pass!

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
What a great documentary, can't believe how manipulated society actually is about the effects of mary jane. Suffocating monkeys with smoke to say it causes brain damage/cell loss?! Can't wait to bring that up next time someone mentions brain cell loss from green..

Good looks on sharing this! Truth is a beautiful thing..

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I'd agree with yall if I didnt see people throwaway their lives just to smoke and play videogames. Weed is responsible for ALL the laziest people close to me. One of my good friends literally FIENDED for it for a while before me and his mom got a bunch of people together for an intervention. Weed ruins lives, mostly because people cant handle it. My life experiences, 7 people, multiple stories. (Possibly one death car crash, but we'll never know)

I'd agree with yall if I didnt see people throwaway their lives just to smoke and play videogames. Weed is responsible for ALL the laziest people close to me. One of my good friends literally FIENDED for it for a while before me and his mom got a bunch of people together for an intervention. Weed ruins lives, mostly because people cant handle it. My life experiences, 7 people, multiple stories. (Possibly one death car crash, but we'll never know)

Whats wrong with that if thats what people want to do?
Not everyone wants to chase a career or fortunes, some are happy with what they have, who are we to judge them?
I have smoked daily since I was a teenager, I have had no real adverse effects, ever, OK it makes me a bit lazy at times, but Im never lazy at work as I dont smoke at work.
People that fiend for it are obviously weak minded, and have other underlying psychological problems, it is NOT ADDICTIVE.
If someone died in a car crash then they must have been driving too fast.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
I found the doc wildly eye opening.

All my friends and fam blaze out. I have only done it a few times. I saw nothing wrong with it. What was crazy was i just bought a foreclosure. And it needed a lot of work. Well we have an unfinished basement. When i finally got the lights working, you could see the previous guy was using the house as a grow spot. He was moving a lot of weight. You could see how he had all the pots lined up like crop rows. No windows or ventilation.

So I watched this doc over Netflix and I was amazed at how much influence private sector has in our government and how deep it runs into other industries.

It just amazes me how people fight the "DRUG" war but then turn around and get raped on Pharma products because the medical industry does not want to compete with something people can grow on their own. I don't know if yall saw that part where that guy with MS was shaking really bad and then when he took a hit, a lot of his shakes went away. He could be coping by buying dime bags instead of paying thousands of dollars to medical companies.

And then all the money behind enforcing the banning of it.

So basically its like, instead of letting drug dealers take your money selling weed, we'll make money when we put abusers through jail and pay fines and triple the income by making you pay for our expensive drugs.

Shit is crazy to me.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
C'mon y'all, you gotta see that this video was made from a "pro" weed perspective. Let's say that the gov't lied about everything that they told us about weed, if you still think (by watching this video) that smoking weed is perfectly fine then you're just as mislead as those that believe smoking weed is bad for you. Let's forget all the rest we've learned and look at the most active ingredient in weed...THC. Look up the effects of THC on your body and if you're still not convinced, by all means do what you do. It really boils down to a personal choice, if you decide to break the law, damage your own body, or whatever you do then thats your choice. Jumping off a building 30 stories high won't harm you, hitting the ground from that height will. So whats harmful? the building, the ground or choosing to jump?

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Seriously I don't see how it damages your body tho dac. The only damage I've ever heard it does to you is destroy brain cells, which I just found out to be completely untrue. Its like you said in your first post:

"They have proved to me that other than "paralyzing my cilia" and of course "inhaling the properties of smoke itself", there is NOTHING harmful about smoking marijuana."

I know they are looking at weed from the pot smokers perspective, but they have broken down the misconceptions about marijuana to the tee using nothing but facts. Memory loss was the only thing not covered (didn't watch the entire thing yet), but honestly there is no physical evidence that it causes memory loss. Weed makes you lazy?? It is the person who CHOOSES to be lazy, some of the most hard working people I know are stoners. If anything, I crave to work on music after I blaze up. I have seen peeps basically fiend for green too, but that is they're own dependency problem. Personally I've stopped before for over a month, I didn't crave it but I sure missed it lol. Now I only can smoke a few days a week, n thats fine, the days I don't smoke doesn't change the way I handle my biz. Look at the facts brah.. anyone that says weed is "bad" for you is wrong, why would doctors prescribe it as medicine then?

Its like Kat Williams said, weed has 3 effects: hungry, happy, sleepy lol

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
I would agree that THC isn't GOOD for you and has bad effects.

But is it any worse than the "legal" drugs we pay thousands of dollars for?

And the documentary doesn't talk about how the banning of weed effects the medical industry and it's impact on society from a health aspect. it also talks about crime.

I am not gonna say weed is perfect. But I will say neither is alcohol and looking at how banning weed effects society from a negative aspect when looking at things like over crowded prisons. And when you compare it to tobacco, well.... one can only scratch his head. All I can say is watch the documentary. Sure, it is baised. But is makes to good hard factual points. When you compare how many people are harmed by tobacco compared to anything else, it really is no debate. If tobacco is legal, weed should be too.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Seriously I don't see how it damages your body tho dac. The only damage I've ever heard it does to you is destroy brain cells, which I just found out to be completely untrue. Its like you said in your first post:

"They have proved to me that other than "paralyzing my cilia" and of course "inhaling the properties of smoke itself", there is NOTHING harmful about smoking marijuana."

I know they are looking at weed from the pot smokers perspective, but they have broken down the misconceptions about marijuana to the tee using nothing but facts. Memory loss was the only thing not covered (didn't watch the entire thing yet), but honestly there is no physical evidence that it causes memory loss. Weed makes you lazy?? It is the person who CHOOSES to be lazy, some of the most hard working people I know are stoners. If anything, I crave to work on music after I blaze up. I have seen peeps basically fiend for green too, but that is they're own dependency problem. Personally I've stopped before for over a month, I didn't crave it but I sure missed it lol. Now I only can smoke a few days a week, n thats fine, the days I don't smoke doesn't change the way I handle my biz. Look at the facts brah.. anyone that says weed is "bad" for you is wrong, why would doctors prescribe it as medicine then?

Its like Kat Williams said, weed has 3 effects: hungry, happy, sleepy lol

^^^^I was being sarcastic! LOL!

I would agree that THC isn't GOOD for you and has bad effects.

But is it any worse than the "legal" drugs we pay thousands of dollars for?

And the documentary doesn't talk about how the banning of weed effects the medical industry and it's impact on society from a health aspect. it also talks about crime.

I am not gonna say weed is perfect. But I will say neither is alcohol and looking at how banning weed effects society from a negative aspect when looking at things like over crowded prisons. And when you compare it to tobacco, well.... one can only scratch his head. All I can say is watch the documentary. Sure, it is baised. But is makes to good hard factual points. When you compare how many people are harmed by tobacco compared to anything else, it really is no debate. If tobacco is legal, weed should be too.

Look at the reasons why you guys are giving it the "green" light (no pun...hahaha). You can't justify a wrong with another wrong, right? "Weed isn't as bad as alcohol so that makes weed ok", "Tobacco is the #1 killer so weed is ok", C'mon bro, I guarantee you, neither one of you use that type of logic when it comes to anything else you have to deal with..."shooting myself in the chest might hurt but overdosing on sleeping pills won't".

I agree that they gave some very convincing facts but once again, justifying a wrong with a wrong doesn't make sense. This video actually reminds me of Michael Moore's documentaries.

I remember when Public Enemy first came out screaming "Farrakhan" - "don't tell me that you understand, until you hear the man..." Yo, I ate that ish up. Man, I started buying the Farrakhan cassettes, donating money, educating myself on the Nation of Islam and so on...Then I realized, I don't believe in this ish, this was all sparked over what Chuck and Flav were saying in their music. I was convinced for a minute, same thing though, great facts caught my attention but after doing some in-depth research for myself, I found that they were justifying a wrong with a wrong.

I'm just saying, smoking trees isn't gonna make me dislike anyone that does nor is it gonna make me feel like I'm any better than they are because I don't. It's really a personal decision and I respect that.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
You got a pretty polarized view man...and saying things like its comparable to a Michael Moore documentary or comparing ones opinion on the justification of legalizing herb to believing in Farrakhan is a whole other can of worms entirely.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Tobacco is the #1 killer so weed is ok", C'mon bro, I guarantee you, neither one of you use that type of logic when it comes to anything else you have to deal with..."shooting myself in the chest might hurt but overdosing on sleeping pills won't".

I guess that was what I found fascinating about he doc. It doesn't really try and make an argument for weed by comparing it to other bad things like tobacco and alcohol. The doc primarily focuses on why our society even deems it wrong in the first place.

That was the crazy part.

I never touched weed all through high school and college. I had certain perceptions of it and the people who use it. But when I tried it, I was very surprised. And then the doc basically shows you the smear campaign which has formed a sort of unjust bias against it while turning a blind's eye to all the REAL threats. Like legal drugs. Legals drugs have way worse effects on you than weed does.

Basically, if you wanted to compare weed to something bad. It would be more in the family of sugar and carbs than it would be tobacco and alcohol regarding the negative impact on the human body.

I just found that I had bought a bunch of negative hype by the powers in control who are threatened by weed. Like I didn't know it was once legal. I didn't know all the awesome products that are derived from hemp. Oil. Thread. Paper. And it is very easy to grow and harvest. Etc.

It was really eye opening.

That's all.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
You got a pretty polarized view man...and saying things like its comparable to a Michael Moore documentary or comparing ones opinion on the justification of legalizing herb to believing in Farrakhan is a whole other can of worms entirely.

Saying that I have a pretty polarized view is a perfect example of having a polarized view. What I said exactly was "this video reminds me of a MM documentary." Thats a big difference from "comparing" it to his documentary. Michael Moore is an extremely biased person and so was the weed video. The Farrakhan story was to draw a mental picture of myself justifying something wrong based on PE's message. Don't read too much into it. You guys know how opinionated I am and thats all it is. I care about all my brothers and if they choose to smoke weed, then so be it, I'll buy their next bag, thats not gonna stop me from kick'n it with them.

I guess that was what I found fascinating about he doc. It doesn't really try and make an argument for weed by comparing it to other bad things like tobacco and alcohol. The doc primarily focuses on why our society even deems it wrong in the first place.

That was the crazy part.

I never touched weed all through high school and college. I had certain perceptions of it and the people who use it. But when I tried it, I was very surprised. And then the doc basically shows you the smear campaign which has formed a sort of unjust bias against it while turning a blind's eye to all the REAL threats. Like legal drugs. Legals drugs have way worse effects on you than weed does.

Basically, if you wanted to compare weed to something bad. It would be more in the family of sugar and carbs than it would be tobacco and alcohol regarding the negative impact on the human body.

I just found that I had bought a bunch of negative hype by the powers in control who are threatened by weed. Like I didn't know it was once legal. I didn't know all the awesome products that are derived from hemp. Oil. Thread. Paper. And it is very easy to grow and harvest. Etc.

It was really eye opening.

That's all.

The doc was awesome and a great find! However they did compare weed with tobacco and alcohol but they used it only as one of many ways to justify it (in other words...they just didn't dwell on it too long yet they made their point). Speaking of making points, like I've said several times, do what you gotta do. No foul here. I'm just against the personal use of illegal drugs, I don't have any control over what you guys do and once you've made up your minds that you're gonna do it then thats what it is.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Whats wrong with that if thats what people want to do?
Not everyone wants to chase a career or fortunes, some are happy with what they have, who are we to judge them?
I have smoked daily since I was a teenager, I have had no real adverse effects, ever, OK it makes me a bit lazy at times, but Im never lazy at work as I dont smoke at work.
People that fiend for it are obviously weak minded, and have other underlying psychological problems, it is NOT ADDICTIVE.
If someone died in a car crash then they must have been driving too fast.

Yes he WAS driving too fast. It made the news. 100+MPH because he thought the cops was chasing him, they werent even pulling over ANY car, THEN they started to chase him after he was speeding (paranoia). When the fuck did I say ANYONE wanted to chase careers?? I'm SICK of seeing my FUCKIN friends not do ANYTHING with their lives! Weed and the culture behind it caused everything. I dont know how you were raised, or where, but it OBVIOUSLY wasnt anywhere around this type of shit. Like I said, I wouldnt say any of it if I didnt SEE it progress for YEARSSS... with MULTIPLE friends! You cant tell me nothin bout that. If you dont mind your loved ones remaining SHIT with the world, parents, police, school system telling you, you're gonna remain SHIT... thats on YOU. Weed is much deeper than just a recreation around here.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Theres already a few flaws in your original comment...Firstly, your comparing this video Ominous posted to a Michael Moore film. Now thats fine man, but that statement in itself already helps display how disconnected you are from the reason so many people respect herb and want to fight its prohibition. The two aren't even a fair comparison so I don't see any resemblance.

And the Farrakhan statement ultimately doesn't even weigh anything in a convo like this since by saying what you said your basically adding that people are misled to believe that marijuana use is actually a good thing to support since were all allegedly fed incorrect info that we initially believed cuz its wrapped in a nice package so its easy to wanna buy into until we realize otherwise later....What your doing there is injecting an entirely different/polarized tangent into the conversation by adding something like that whether you realize it or not, and it seems a bit contradictive to then add at the end that your cool with folks who smoke cuz u dont see them in a negative light after all that, but whatever.

All Ive done thus far is defend supporters of MJ Legalization, not sure if its fair to label my views polarizing as well becuz of that, I mean someones gotta disagree and thats me apparently. If that equates in your mind as a polarized view then great, I beg to differ tho. Cant flip flop it on me that easy tho buddy.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
"if you decide to break the law, damage your own body, or whatever you do then thats your choice. Jumping off a building 30 stories high won't harm you, hitting the ground from that height will. So whats harmful? the building, the ground or choosing to jump?

You didn't answer my question earlier, how does it damage the body? Other than inhaling properties of smoke and paralyzing the cilia..

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Yes he WAS driving too fast. It made the news. 100+MPH because he thought the cops was chasing him, they werent even pulling over ANY car, THEN they started to chase him after he was speeding (paranoia). When the fuck did I say ANYONE wanted to chase careers?? I'm SICK of seeing my FUCKIN friends not do ANYTHING with their lives! Weed and the culture behind it caused everything. I dont know how you were raised, or where, but it OBVIOUSLY wasnt anywhere around this type of shit. Like I said, I wouldnt say any of it if I didnt SEE it progress for YEARSSS... with MULTIPLE friends! You cant tell me nothin bout that. If you dont mind your loved ones remaining SHIT with the world, parents, police, school system telling you, you're gonna remain SHIT... thats on YOU. Weed is much deeper than just a recreation around here.

Sorry to hear about that, very very sad. But weed in itself is not the problem, its your friends/family/etc.'s choice to be not do anything with their life. Weed doesn't make anyone lazy, if it did then how are soooo many successful stoners, successful?

People need to stop making excuses for their choices in my opinion..

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
lol those maybe effects, but none seem damaging to me. The only ones that I really see on that page is memory loss, which isn't proven, and fungi forming mold.. possible yet very unlikely

Toxicity - veryyy low, like the video said 15000 j's in 15 min might be damaging.

Somatic - increased heart rate, red eyes, cold/hot hands, not damaging.

Bacteria - salmonella muenchen, not proven that green was the sole cause.. just correlated..

Increase in anxiety/paranoia? psh maybe just because it is illegal and frowned upon to smoke and be high..

Psychoactive - none proven.. all subjective..

Biochemical - nada harmful far as I see..

members online