the dirty

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
dammit, the south just keeps getting hotter, and the southern underground right now WHOO!!!!!!!! its on fire son

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
stay indoors when you can, make sure you apply sunscreen every two hours, wear a wide brimmed hat, and preferably a t-shirt that will not attract rays....other than that i feel for you man, and its only just hit summer aswell....you have some time to brave it

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
lol i was referring to music but it is pretty damn hot here, im not worried tho i dont get out much im either at my 9 to 5 or sitting here in my little studio

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the heatstroke has obviously taken your powers of perception from you aswell.......and they say sarcasm is the lowest form?!

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
Teknology said:
dammit, the south just keeps getting hotter, and the southern underground right now WHOO!!!!!!!! its on fire son
The south is definately poppin off right about now. You know the south puts out the tight ass summertime muzik.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
hell yea right now its pretty tight everybody got the lacs and caprices out wit da candy paint and shit its off the chain down here

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
x-squizet said:
hell yea right now its pretty tight everybody got the lacs and caprices out wit da candy paint and shit its off the chain down here

Up here too! Them girls are out with the short skirts and the open toe'd joints... mmm mmm mmmmmmm! Lookin all fly, wish my ass had a nice car all decked out sometimes... Then I think, What a waste of fuckin money, lol... But, shit if I had bread like that trust me I'd be ridin clean!!! I'm a truck/suv dude myslef ... It's like old school heaven up here though... Cutty's, Monte's, Charger's etc...

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
hell yea its so many cuttys around here tho and the females be fine as hell but damn atleast you got a car lol

Oh yeah, I gotta whip! It's a fuckin rust bucket (90 acura integra ls) but it gets me around, feel me? Does what it's supposed too.. Weren't u sayion something a while back about hookin up a truck or something, or nah?

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Lookin all fly, wish my ass had a nice car all decked out sometimes... Then I think, What a waste of fuckin money

i really believe in investing for the future, i started fixing my car up then i thought its a waste of money so i started investing my money in to studio equipment something maybe , hopefully, ill be lucky enough to make some bread off of one day

dammit southern music just makes you wanna fuckin bounce, it just has like the best energy u know, im proud to be from the dirty, i love it

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Teknology said:
naaaaaaa!!!!!!

na on some real shyt i honestly dont like the south when it comes to Hip hop....is the southern underground talkin about the same shyt like these niggas mike jones and flip and all them niggas??

Teknology

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
FuriouZ said:
na on some real shyt i honestly dont like the south when it comes to Hip hop....is the southern underground talkin about the same shyt like these niggas mike jones and flip and all them niggas??

nahh man they some really deep talented dudes underground down here especially haystak,i sware if you havnt listened to this dude your missing out his last album is one of the best ive ever heard

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Teknology said:

Isn't it blasphemous to use the word "son" in a post about the south?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Im am sick and tired of people thinking the south is just one way..... Im also tired of southern artists being portrayed in one light. I am from the south and im very articulate, and like anybody else i make all types of music. Alot of these so-called southern artists are using the south's name in vain and making hardworkin educated cats like me look bad

Just wanted to get that off my chest

class..

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^Yeah, but it seems that the bullshit-rapper-making-big-enough-for-me-to-know-them ratio is way bigger downsouth than anywhere else in the states...

seems like its easy to make thousand down there or those cats are poser... cuz that mike jones... and too many others aren't saying shit!

I'm not putting the whole south in the same bucket, but... you know

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Cats down south Hustle hard and like to shine! That's been like that for years and years (correct me if im wrong)... Not all of them cats are like that, u just get them cats that suck Gorilla nuts on a hot day, like Lil' Flip! I can't stand his ass.. His fresstlyes are horrible so I don't know how he could be the king! Plus, he's fake as a bitch (sorry to jump off topic)...

One of my close homies is from the south and there is alot of pain and racism and ongoing struggle there.. So when somebody makes it, of course they wanna go get all the lateset shit and ball hard, it's like a trophy! I ain't speakin for everyone in the south but, that's true.. Mike Jones should be repected hard (maybe not for his lyrical content) but what he did.. That cat promoted himself and got himself where he is now.. Of course Swisha House helped him a little but even before he had his video and all that, i knew who he was..

His way of marketing himself (Mike Jones, Who? Mike Jones) was irratating but people knew who he was, unlike alot of other underground cats... He was the only cat I've ever hear give out there personal Phone Number... Now, don't get me wrong, his flow ain't my cup of tea but what he talks about is definitly understandable and it's true... "Back then hoes didn't want me now I'm Hot hoes all on me!" It's basic but It's the truth so I can't hate the man...

Now u then got cats like Field Mob! Them are my dudes, Class, u probably know about them... There lyrical content is more packed with punchlines and metaphores... I used to be a south hater until I heard Field mob... I rememeber I used to only listen to Wu-Tang and Mobb Deep and all east coast until I heard them cats... And there beats are nice too.. The single they had with Jazzy Fae ain't what there about to me... There older stuff was definitly, FiRE!!! And, these are cats who rarely speak on flossing and are much more down to earth...

All I gotta say is that there is some ill M.C.'s down south you just have to listen rather then turn away from it because of what cat's like Mike Jones and Lil Flippy do for the south's reputation... Just listen, I think the problem with cat's that "hate Southern Music" is that they tend to just like east coast music and think that's true hip hop and nothing else is hip hop... Shit, the south got some ill ass hip hop, to me atlest... And this is coming from an east coast music head...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
shit listen to some old outkast class you know what i am talkin bout like atleins(or some shit forgot how to spell it) they shit is fire anything outkast i will listen to, the south has more than a 3 word vocabulary that lil john gives us, and i respect mike jones to alot cause he hustled his ass of, then he got wit swishahouse and shit and he been all on it, we more than the damn lil john and the ying yang twins and shit we make real music its not at all about crunk and shit we south and we deep in this shit

members online