The Game - LAX

T

TheMost

Who is anticipating this record??? I bought the first 2 Game records when they first came out.

Documentary is classci for me and his second one was nice still.

Ive heard LAx and its def banging!!

Rackoon

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I didn't ear any of the songs yet...but I hope there's going to be some Nottz production in there....
Loved the "One Night" joint on the last album...

T

TheMost

I didn't ear any of the songs yet...but I hope there's going to be some Nottz production in there....
Loved the "One Night" joint on the last album...

yeah one night is my favorite track of the record, beat wise and lyrcis content is deep.

He has lots of songs like this on the new one.

Imo Game is one of those dudes holding the west right now. He can have commercial songs while not being dummbed down, have good rhymes and still have good westcoast type beats as well. Other westcoast artists dont do this and this is why the west is dominating anymore.

There fans dont help because anything that dosent have a "westcoast sound" is considered shit.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I'm looking forward to this album too, although I didn't really like the lead single with Keyshia... heard a few tracks here and there, and really liked the track with Weezy on the vocoder. Can't wait to hear more.

ill o.g.
anyone notice that the game name drops a little too much, I dont think I've heard a song yet that he didn't say at least 10 other rappers names during every verse, even his new track with little wayne every other line has someones name in it. The game is a real dude I saw that video of him crying (litteraly) about the state of the hip hop but the name dropping is out of hand.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
anyone notice that the game name drops a little too much, I dont think I've heard a song yet that he didn't say at least 10 other rappers names during every verse, even his new track with little wayne every other line has someones name in it. The game is a real dude I saw that video of him crying (litteraly) about the state of the hip hop but the name dropping is out of hand.

lol....I few of my dj homies won't play his music for that very reason.

This new album is not on the level of Documentary but I think it has some heat on it. I like the fact that he doesn't mind stepping out of the "LA Hip Hop" box. He'll drop a joint with anybody over any style. I've had this album for a few months but just recently started really listening to it once a few singles drop'd. They spin well in the club. It's not the best I've heard from him but it's far from the worst shit out there right now. I give it 3 out of 5 stars so far. I will admit that it's growing on me the more listen to it. That "Dope Boys" track is hard as hell with those live drums in it. I like the whole feel of that song and the video is bananas.

T

TheMost

^^ yeah the track with Common is ill, the track with Wayne is good too

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
ima give it a listen when he doesnt name drop hes one of the dopest lyricists in the commercial world..he actually says sumthin unlike 99.9 percent of records that drop (commercially speaking)

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
ima give it a listen when he doesnt name drop hes one of the dopest lyricists in the commercial world..he actually says sumthin unlike 99.9 percent of records that drop (commercially speaking)

That's true! If he just cut back on the name dropping......if he just stop'd actually! Extract that and he does spit some real shit.

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
"Angel" is a hot track yeah... produced by Kanye. I also like "Money"... disappointed with what he did on the JR Rotem tracks... "Gentlemen's Affair" with Ne-Yo is hot. "House of Pain" is hot, produced by DJ Toomp. Overall, the album is ok. Certain tracks show glimpses of hotness, but the entire album as a whole isn't hot. Maybe 3 stars outta 5? Documentary was by far his best album. Doctor's advocate was probably even better than this one. Holla if you agree...

members online